Voyagers

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Voyagers

I like Voyagers
93%
I don't like Voyagers
7%

Total votes: 484

ScottishC

Re: Voyagers

Post by ScottishC »

Long time lurker who registered just to post this:

Maybe it's because I'm a big, hideous ape of a man who could make even a rubbish dump look untidier by my mere presence, but I seem to get absolutely terrible service from budtenders. I know they aren't renowned for their customer service skills, but they seem to take a particular dislike to me. I'm not even a difficult customer. I don't ask questions. I don't ask to sniff and inspect the merchandise. I just pick something that sounds good and ask politely for a gram of it. Despite that, if they don't literally sneer at me or even laugh in my face for no apparent reason, they are at least slightly standoffish. Although they've never actually refused to take my money. Funny that, eh?

Anyway, to the point: Voyagers is the ONLY coffeeshop in the whole of Amsterdam where the staff didn't treat me like I'd given their mum an STD. The black guy in particular is a fucking legend. When he actually treated me like a human being and a welcome customer, I was almost pathetically grateful. To me that's worth finding the odd bagseed.

And let's be honest, some of the more exotic genetics in Amsterdam wouldn't be on the menu if quality growers didn't have the occasional bagseed.

krupinska

Post by krupinska »

ScottishC wrote: Mon 3rd Dec 2018 09:17 pm
Anyway, to the point: Voyagers is the ONLY coffeeshop in the whole of Amsterdam where the staff didn't treat me like I'd given their mum an STD. The black guy in particular is a fucking legend. When he actually treated me like a human being and a welcome customer, I was almost pathetically grateful. To me that's worth finding the odd bagseed.

And let's be honest, some of the more exotic genetics in Amsterdam wouldn't be on the menu if quality growers didn't have the occasional bagseed.
The only negative part is you know, how hard the plants w/o seeds would kick in your head but I would just take the seed and plant it, maybe you got some dope shit out of it or maybe not.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

ScottishC wrote: Mon 3rd Dec 2018 09:17 pm Long time lurker who registered just to post this:

Maybe it's because I'm a big, hideous ape of a man who could make even a rubbish dump look untidier by my mere presence, but I seem to get absolutely terrible service from budtenders. I know they aren't renowned for their customer service skills, but they seem to take a particular dislike to me. I'm not even a difficult customer. I don't ask questions. I don't ask to sniff and inspect the merchandise. I just pick something that sounds good and ask politely for a gram of it. Despite that, if they don't literally sneer at me or even laugh in my face for no apparent reason, they are at least slightly standoffish. Although they've never actually refused to take my money. Funny that, eh?

Sorry you got shit treatment based on looks, glad you found voyagers
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
MrKushPuffer

Post by MrKushPuffer »

Quality in here getting down down down :cry: always my first stop cause its on my route :mrgreen: voyagers used to be my favorite spot back in the days but now all there kushes are low quality :x i bet the problem cookies they had for 13€ was nothing special :wink:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

MrKushPuffer wrote: Tue 4th Dec 2018 12:00 pm Quality in here getting down down down :cry: always my first stop cause its on my route :mrgreen: voyagers used to be my favorite spot back in the days but now all there kushes are low quality :x i bet the problem cookies they had for 13€ was nothing special :wink:
Pretty much though I enjoyed their Purple Haze & Lemon Bubble recently enough. Problem Cookies was def a flop in my book. Anyway, this is why I smoke Cali.
MrKushPuffer

Post by MrKushPuffer »

Last time the purple haze was not purple and had really no smell :mrgreen: everytime i looked at the lemon bubble it just smelled like "haze". But the haze problem is overall, you can take a look at amnesia,ssh,lemon,s5 or amg haze it has all the same smell. Years ago all the hazes had a different flavor but since years its dead. I would love to smoke cali but thats too expensive :mrgreen:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

MrKushPuffer wrote: Tue 4th Dec 2018 05:17 pm Last time the purple haze was not purple and had really no smell :mrgreen: everytime i looked at the lemon bubble it just smelled like "haze". But the haze problem is overall, you can take a look at amnesia,ssh,lemon,s5 or amg haze it has all the same smell. Years ago all the hazes had a different flavor but since years its dead. I would love to smoke cali but thats too expensive :mrgreen:
Yeah all hazes do just smell like haze. Though the Purple Haze recently did have heavy purple tinge and reeked of a shoreline type smell. When you consider the Cali against what you get from a shop these days it's not that expensive imho.
MrKushPuffer

Post by MrKushPuffer »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Tue 4th Dec 2018 06:47 pm
MrKushPuffer wrote: Tue 4th Dec 2018 05:17 pm Last time the purple haze was not purple and had really no smell :mrgreen: everytime i looked at the lemon bubble it just smelled like "haze". But the haze problem is overall, you can take a look at amnesia,ssh,lemon,s5 or amg haze it has all the same smell. Years ago all the hazes had a different flavor but since years its dead. I would love to smoke cali but thats too expensive :mrgreen:
Yeah all hazes do just smell like haze. Though the Purple Haze recently did have heavy purple tinge and reeked of a shoreline type smell. When you consider the Cali against what you get from a shop these days it's not that expensive imho.
Most people dont know what i mean :mrgreen:
Normaly every haze got his own unique flavor. Maybe not the new ones but the old ones like amnesia,silver or supersilver and lemon have there own flavors. But anyway fact is that voyager have to step there game up.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

MrKushPuffer wrote: Tue 4th Dec 2018 07:55 pm
Normaly every haze got his own unique flavor. Maybe not the new ones but the old ones like amnesia,silver or supersilver and lemon have there own flavors. But anyway fact is that voyager have to step there game up.
I'm absolutely aware of what you mean, make no mistake. Unfortunately the more Lemony type hazes had mostly overtaken the scene by the time that I moved to Amsterdam. But in NYC for example there was some distinct and legendary phenos/cuts/strains of haze that went around, and there was still some diversity when I first moved here.

Sadly local-grown CS is mostly dead these days, with a few odd gems and exceptions here and there. Getting quality Cali outside of a shop is the best bet these days.
MrKushPuffer

Post by MrKushPuffer »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Wed 5th Dec 2018 10:29 am
MrKushPuffer wrote: Tue 4th Dec 2018 07:55 pm

I'm absolutely aware of what you mean, make no mistake. Unfortunately the more Lemony type hazes had mostly overtaken the scene by the time that I moved to Amsterdam. But in NYC for example there was some distinct and legendary phenos/cuts/strains of haze that went around, and there was still some diversity when I first moved here.

Sadly local-grown CS is mostly dead these days, with a few odd gems and exceptions here and there. Getting quality Cali outside of a shop is the best bet these days.
Ok you understand me :mrgreen: . I would love to smoke cali but i'm a heavy smoker and 30 or more per g is too much :mrgreen: and all the "plugs" who got cali are also too expensive :mrgreen: :lol: . The cheapest i found is the damcans guy with 3.5g for 75€. But its still too expensive bro😂. Who can proof that it's real cali? Would love to find a cheaper plug :mrgreen:
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

I’m going to put my two cents in
1. Amsterdam/Netherlands is the only place you can walk into a shop buy and consume pot or hash 8) :mrgreen: in the world
2. When I started smoking 50 years ago pot was named for the region it came from, granted the breeders have created some quality stuff it’s still a name and unless your buying from a controlled market in a legal market you don’t know what your getting.
3. Pot has not gotten any stronger the breeders and growers just eliminated crap pot, the best pot I’ve ever smoked was in Jamaica with a Rasta guy pure black buds no seed his private stash wouldn’t let the other guy I was with have any, he didn’t respect the pot he was in it for the money

So until the rest of the world gets it together to open coffeeshops we only have Amsterdam. Some of you guys get hung up on the bud and forget the freedom that Amsterdam has offered for so many years, so lite up thank Lemming for this forum and work for world wide freedom.
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Buffalostints

Post by Buffalostints »

Willjay wrote: Wed 5th Dec 2018 03:31 pm I’m going to put my two cents in
1. Amsterdam/Netherlands is the only place you can walk into a shop buy and consume pot or hash 8) :mrgreen: in the world

So until the rest of the world gets it together to open coffeeshops we only have Amsterdam. Some of you guys get hung up on the bud and forget the freedom that Amsterdam has offered for so many years, so lite up thank Lemming for this forum and work for world wide freedom.
sorry but that is in fact not true and what about usa canada uruguay prague barcelona christiania etc i walked into a shop in cali and in las vegas myself as tourist and got top shelf products......
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Could you roll it up and smoke it right there
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Willjay wrote: Wed 5th Dec 2018 04:12 pm Could you roll it up and smoke it right there
+1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Willjay wrote: Wed 5th Dec 2018 04:12 pm Could you roll it up and smoke it right there
Meh I don't even like the vibe at 90% of CS. Way too full of lads on tour. There's a reason I primarily hang out at places like Batavia - granted that's not an option in States either - yet! States like CO. are implementing social consumption spaces like "vape lounges" which frankly as a vaper I would much prefer to NL's tobacco-permissive venues.

I actually hear some places i.e. certain states and parts of Canada do have grey area of lounges for on-site consumption - mind the NL entire soft drug policy is based on this grey area/tolerance model, so the Netherlands has the most transparent venues for on-site consumption...but actually hell let's not forget Spain, the associations out there are on the whole much more pleasant places to skin up and tune out, than any CS could dream of being.

Lastly, cannot abide by the potency claims I'm sorry but 30, 20, 15 hell even 10 years ago flower over 25% THC-content was all but unheard of.

Yes Amsterdam does have many amazing novelties and will always be the original stoner mecca but that will absolutely be past glory days if the country and city's approach does not evolve and do so rather quickly.