New Times (formerly M&M)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate New Times

I like New Times
91%
I don't like New Times
9%

Total votes: 11

mlester187

New Times (formerly M&M)

Post by mlester187 »

ACD Page: New Times

I came across this place during my visit in the first week of December purely by chance. I was walking (the scenic route) to bushdoctor from my friends apartment and wanted to stop soemwhere on the way for a joint. Now, I'm a little peculiar on what coffeeshops I will actually chill in. I prefer to smoke in quiet, not-so-crowded places. This was perfect. I walked in and instantly took in the modern-ish decor and the one thing that I noticed above all else was the cleanliness of the place. It was absolutely spotless, which is more than I can say for most coffeeshops, especially the big ones, from past experience. So I ordered a cup of tea and some sort of fruity drink, sat down and rolled a J of Grey Haze. Half way through the joint I decided to check out the weed menu. Nothing on the weed menu 'stood out' to me (all standard strains, but didnt actually check them out tbh). However I noticed the top shelf hash - Tbizla @ e12 - and asked to see it. It was a fantastic Maroc, great scent and looks, so I got a gram. Smoked it later that night and was very IMPRESSED. This place was definitely the surprise of my trip. Would reccommend to anyone.
Has anyone else been here?

puffpuffgive

Re: New Times (formerly M&M)

Post by puffpuffgive »

def checking this place out in a coupla weeks! cheers
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
Hotdog

Post by Hotdog »

Everyone should give this place a look when in the dam. Discovered it by chance summer 09, been back every trip since. two brothers based out of spain run the place, didnt get their names but really welcoming guys, drinks on the house etc once you get chatting and they recognise your face. Menu is small, usual 'bog standard' strains but all nice, good gear (not outstanding but certainley not just 'meh') at reasonable prices, especially the top end hashes and weeds. no pressure to buy either. always quiet and relaxed in there, havnt been since nov '10 but always started every day here last trip.
If in doubt, have a spliff
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

If you find yourself near Spui ...this one deserves to be checked out
Nice refurb inside ...nice new menu

...friendly staff ...anxious to show/discuss their products

Fred

Post by Fred »

Really looks like a nice place... will certainly give it a try !

Thanx for posting :D
ATWA

Post by ATWA »

same here, will def give his place a sitdown
Air Trees Water & Animals
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Very nice shop and weed is okay, worth popping by, cisco perved over the bird all the time we was there but she was deffo not up to my own standard :wink: :lol: but then again i am alot younger. :shock: :wink: :lol:

Good shop, drop in 8)
EpistemicInvariant

Post by EpistemicInvariant »

The last review for this place is April '05 and the reviewer states it's closed (i.e. someone put in a review :lol: ) Definitely liking the interior shot.
Mr Oranje

New Times

Post by Mr Oranje »

Upon entering the shop you immediately appreciate the well done décor. Everything from the ceiling to the floors has been taken into consideration and this shop received a well-deserved 10 in the décor category. With recessed lighting interesting textures and very unusual art on the walls like a giant set of eyes I couldn’t think of anything that would make this place look better.

The drugs menu has a standard range if not a little better with an above average value. We purchased Diesel Haze at 10 Euros for a gram and also ordered an amazing pistachio milkshake that went way too quickly. The shop offered a couple of food items including space cakes, candy bars and nachos. The man at the bar seemed a bit abrupt though scoring them a 5 on customer service.

We found the seating to be extremely comfortable and pleasing on the eye with a variety of different styles to choose from as well as outdoor seating. The shop was reasonably busy while we were there with about 12 to 15 people in the shop.

The toilets were also good with the quality theme continued there. They also offered everything you would need like toilet paper, hand dryer and a mirror.

Overall this shop was great with its pleasing décor and comfortable seating and I would certainly recommend stopping in at this shop if you are near this block.

We rated it on our site.

Mr Oranje :twisted:
http://www.CoffeeshopsRated.com - We have rated over 50 Coffeeshops now!!
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Interesting menu with the special drinks - Cannabis Thea, Cannabis Coffee, and Cannabis Chocolate Milk! I went there on my last night so I just did a pre-rolled; I had a 0600 wakeup call. The joint was good - fresh and to the point. The shop was clean and well cared for. The bud tender was friendly and even helped me take a menu picture. On my next trip, New Times will get at least one visit.
felixxy

Post by felixxy »

This is an excellent location to hang out, nice reggae music, comfy seats, clean toilet. Watched the EM finale there. But i think the Amnesia 5g/45€ is somehow condemned, or dried in a "stonerunfriendly" :evil: way... Also no effect at all. I never buy there anything again.
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Seems my pic of this shop got flushed ...Quiet morning shot ,taken in summer 011 .
was a favorite of ours this fall .

and the menu from October 012

Nice shop , nice folks there . Would have voted for it in the New Poll if it was there .
Colino

Post by Colino »

Looks extremely clean, will try to visit next summer. thanks for posting
Smokin´Brazil

Post by Smokin´Brazil »

Whow, these pictures has convinced me to visit this shop in May... It seems fantastic for a nice chill!

I didnt read good reviews about their weed/hash, anyone can provide that? Whats good and whats bad maybe... Of course I will smell and look but I trust a lot in our pro-testers here! hehehe :mrgreen:
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

The G13 Haze was among the best of the strains we sampled in our monthlong visit this past September / October . The 3 Euro Hashjoint was a nice smoke , consistantly potent for the price ... De Vrouw has bought Space Muffins (or whatever they call it) for our long journey home the last couple years... and declared them winners . So , if you want a comfy , clean ,friendly CS , where the Music is usually at a moderate volume , in a nice location ...meet me here next time .