Blues Brothers

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Blues Brothers

I like Blues Brothers
76%
I don't like Blues Brothers
24%

Total votes: 54

greenking

Post by greenking »

was the fist ever shop i went to and have allways gone back,
it gets packed quickly but the mornings the best time to go after midday it's starts getting busy, but that said the weed has allways been good and cheap and the pre-rolled are great as well,
theres two levels a downs stairs area which opens just above the water
and and upstairs area with a pool table and large sofas though battered still comfey and large bean bags which are great to chill in next to the windows which are allways open normaly.
place has a nice vibe the staff are cool-last time i was there i started to fall asleep and one of staff memebers came over and just said to me "how about a red bull or coffey" which was cool insted of the "hay this isn't a hotel wake up"

not to every ones likeing this place but i've never had a problem here so give it a try

peace to all who walk through greener fields
htid-john

Post by htid-john »

Blues Brothers was the first coffeeshop i ever went in and it is now a tradition of ours to start of every Amsterdam trip there. This trip was no different. Between the three of us we bought the Amnesia Haze which i bought and was nice, with that distinct haze taste. My mates bought the Hindu Kush (which I swapped a joint with my mate to try!) and the Jack Herer. Both were also very nice.
HARDCORE TIL I DIE
Rasa

Post by Rasa »

htid-john wrote:Blues Brothers was the first coffeeshop i ever went in and it is now a tradition of ours to start of every Amsterdam trip there. This trip was no different. Between the three of us we bought the Amnesia Haze which i bought and was nice, with that distinct haze taste. My mates bought the Hindu Kush (which I swapped a joint with my mate to try!) and the Jack Herer. Both were also very nice.
I too hit BB first on all my trips, my past trip in November I started my smoking with the Amnesia too and was left with a permanent grin on my face haha I couldnt stop blabbing I was so sativa soaring!!!
-Rasa
htid-john

Post by htid-john »

RasaLibree wrote:
htid-john wrote:Blues Brothers was the first coffeeshop i ever went in and it is now a tradition of ours to start of every Amsterdam trip there. This trip was no different. Between the three of us we bought the Amnesia Haze which i bought and was nice, with that distinct haze taste. My mates bought the Hindu Kush (which I swapped a joint with my mate to try!) and the Jack Herer. Both were also very nice.
I too hit BB first on all my trips, my past trip in November I started my smoking with the Amnesia too and was left with a permanent grin on my face haha I couldnt stop blabbing I was so sativa soaring!!!
yeah i was there in november aswell. i smoked the amnesia then was bangin' aswell as the pot of gold one of my all time favourites. Not as good this time but still fucking lovely
HARDCORE TIL I DIE
Rasa

Re: Blues Brothers

Post by Rasa »

just departed from the Dam a couple of days ago and had a blast! First shop of the trip as always was Blues Bros to see my favorite South African bud-tender and to smoke the good good! Sampled there L.A Confidential which was fucking awesome! tasted great, a perfect smoke to enjoy with breakfast as well as had a nice punch. Sampled the Blueberry as well which was a perfectly cured batch, one huge bong rip to the dome and I was stumbling around the shop haha ;) The Kushadelic is beautiful as well, heres a pic of there menu and the L.A Con:

-Rasa
Rasa

Post by Rasa »

Here's some pics of a new batch of a brilliant smoke at Blues Brothers! Compliments to Dan the budtender for letting me snap pics, ACD members go check it out!

Ladies n Gent's allow me to present:

S5 x Sticky Finger

Enjoy!
-Rasa
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

yum, rasa! remember much about the taste/smell of that s5/sticky>?
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
Rasa

Post by Rasa »

haven't tried any yet, fancy i might get a gram cuz tonight is my last night ;) but Gapie got some ask him, it looks fucking fab! Smells sooo goood tooo! Super hazey and sweet!
-Rasa
moogle

Post by moogle »

that s5 X sticky looks delicious!!

I picked up some mango haze here...wow..tastes like cigarettes..not qa nice smoke , gave the rest of the gram to a random spanish dude in our hostel..
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

Blues Brothers

A two-floor coffeeshop, with a great elevated street view on the second floor. Blues Brothers is situated quite close to the centre hub of Amsterdam being only a short 5 minute walk from the central station. The walls are decorated with graffiti and mirrors which created the illusion that the coffeeshop is a lot bigger than it really is. The graffiti was unusual with various styles of artwork on display throughout the venue. The mirrors allow you to view the graffiti all the way around the room.

There was ample seating in all different colours. It’s always nice to see a good range available. There was also an old retro games machine on the bottom floor than was very cheap to play. In addition a pair of DJ decks lay in the room which looked like they might be used on a certain evening of the week.

Customer service left much to be desired, the staff were not very informative and were mainly just interested in getting us out of the way than providing us with a product. The lady that prepared our drinks was however quite nice and asked us to take a seat while she prepared them.

The choice of food was nearly none existent, with only vending machines with chocolate available. The staircase itself was quite scary to go up and down when stoned. I imagined many people falling down it as I went up. The variety of drugs was average but the smoke we picked up, white widow, was of a high standard.

Overall, a nice little shop with an elevated view point which allows the customer to sit and watch people go by as they enjoy their smoke. The drink range is above average so if you are going for a quick sit down smoke then this coffee shop is more for you.

To see our rankings from this shop and the other go here.

Rated in Summer 2011

They also have a facebook group if anyone is interested: Facebook Blues
http://www.CoffeeshopsRated.com - We have rated over 50 Coffeeshops now!!
Mike93

Post by Mike93 »

I stayed at the hostel opposite this coffeeshop. In the hostel I began talking to a man who was a budtender and greenhouse ( who openly slated greenhouse stating not to purchase there, sorry if I shouldnt write this) however highly recommended the super lemon haze from blues brother.

I weed looked really good and taste was great and I got a nice sativa high, however thought the bud tender was slightly rude.
washdc

Post by washdc »

Met the friendliest budtender I encountered in Amsterdam here. Was staying across the street for a couple of days and I would come here in the mornings when it was emptier and I would chill and shoot the shit with James. Got a free bit (.3g - .4g) of iso hash some other customer left there from him too!
Cudi_420

Post by Cudi_420 »

I've been here twice: 2007 and 2010. Both times I found it to be very laid back, not especially inspiring but a great place to have a quicky and a milkshake :lol: The customer service was pretty lacking but the guy answered my questions in a nice tone 8) Didn't go out of his way to recommend stuff, which imo is what a good budtender should do, just like a good waiter with wine.

I remember my more recent smoke there: July 17, 2010. Got in there at about 11am after doing a bit of shopping in that area, walked in and bought some of the LA Confidential and Bubble gum. Ended up sitting there on my laptop for about 5 hours, had some milkshakes and a surprisingly nice macchiato. I had a spot right at the window, but I didn't stay there very long because a lot of curious families and stuff were walking by and kind of staring at me getting blazed and downing a milkshake like a champion.

Went upstairs and met some guys from France, not the kind of people I'd hang with but they were cool! But they were like 18 and loud and that's not really my scene anymore ;)

Kind of just sat by myself for a bit but by then I was a bit over the darkness of the place and needed some sunshine. Ended up at the Grasshopper sitting in the outside area, having a few beers in the sun. I like it for that reason. Also because I couldn't be bothered walking to any better bars along the canals :oops:
supersilver

Post by supersilver »

Had the house ak47 last time I was out in january, stunning! Will be going back in Decem
ber!
===Smoke weed everyday===
Haggdogg

Post by Haggdogg »

Dark downstairs with comfortable seating and coffee etc available.

Airy top floor overlooks the street and can be quite a nice place to sit during the day watching the streets below. Did however become a bit of a nightmare to roll when the wind picked up, we closed the huge windows over and were then told immidietly to open them back up as it was the official fire escape! 3 or 4 vending machines upstairs with cans of pop and chocolate.

Bud tender was friendly enough. Menu had a great variety at very reasonable prices. Cheesus and a lemon flavoured satvia(the name of it has escaped me) were the best of the samples we tried.

Worth a visit if your passing.