Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

WLow

Re: Solo

Post by WLow »

Marok21 wrote: Wed 13th Mar 2019 09:14 pm
macky wrote: Mon 11th Mar 2019 11:59 pm When you say double filtered do you mean clean wax heads and leaf matter a second time.
As I write this down it,s seems like a dum ? But if you don,ask you don,t know
I just quoted what they wrote on their instagram acc. They say it´s "double filtered"... I wanted
to ask the budtender how it´s be made... personaly I am not so up to date about that filtering
techniques... well I heard of that static filtering method for the first time a few months ago :lol: ...
but it´s only logical to try to improve the quality of the final product with filtering... I could imagine that
a few farmers used a kind of filtering already in the past for some special quality batches... well you can
also improve the quality by using only the best plants and only the best buds for producing the hash...

I don´t know with what filtering technique the new hashes of Solo had been made... if anyone knows more
about that filtering topic in general it would be very nice to hear more :mrgreen:
I think what the person running the ig means is that they use 2 mesh screen to "filtering" but the process is the same as always for dry sift. Like el guapo when they had GG#4 hash 60 and 30 microns.

Double filtering dont really say anything if you don't say what type of mesh is used.

Edit: Better term would have been "double sieved".
but whatever that means...going through a weed tumbler could be 1 after that on a mesh screen could be 2 :mrgreen:

With the GG#4 hash 60 and 30 we can understand they used the oldschool tap tech to get the hash and then got it on the 60micron and what's got through was put on the 30 microns.

When Bubbleman "clean" heads to get the 99%, he get it through 3 mesh screen first and then use the static tech to finish.

FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Solo dated March 19, 2019. Thanks to Dreaminjection.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Solo/Menus/Solo.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

The edibles on this menu look strong!
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Smirks wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2019 09:37 am The edibles on this menu look strong!
that MUST be 500 mg of herb not 500 mg thc

it would be alot more than 8 euros otherwise
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

DjShaggy wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2019 09:54 am

Yeah has to be, still looks like they could be quite good. I’ll give one of them a try in April.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Smirks wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2019 11:01 am
DjShaggy wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2019 09:54 am

Yeah has to be, still looks like they could be quite good. I’ll give one of them a try in April.
Report back
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I also heard good things about their edibles but never tried them myself...

Nice to see that their new hashes are on the menu now :mrgreen: can´t wait to try them...
kalima

Post by kalima »

Marok21 wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2019 06:12 pm I also heard good things about their edibles but never tried them myself...

Nice to see that their new hashes are on the menu now :mrgreen: can´t wait to try them...
I was thinking the same thing about the news hashes, I might need to see if there are any cheap flight around.... not sure I can wait until September :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Finally I made it there last week to try some of their new hashes on the menu :D

I asked the budtender if I could take a look on their Banana filtered hash (15€/g) and their Amnesia Bubble (12€/g). The Amnesia Bubble hash smelled very clean and different compared to all Amnesia hashes I had before. It was not really a super strong smell but very clean weed like hard to describe. Then he showed me the Banana hash (15€/g) and it smelled much stronger than the Amnesia hash out of the box :shock: also here the smell was very clean and kind of different than the usual newschool hashes I saw before. Maybe because of the used technique it smells different to me than the usual hash I smoke. Because it smelled much stronger I went for the Banana Filtered hash (15€/g).

Banana Filtered hash (15€/g moroccan newschool) - Pretty dark brown oily looking piece of hash. Not really soft more like a harder dry sift hash but surprisingly it crumbles very nice and easily with the fingers. Like said before it has a pretty strong pleasant smell from the used genetics. Taste is not really like Banana but I can understand why they name it like that. I smoked pretty much different stuff before on that day but the effect of the Banana cut through. Realy good stuff and different than most hashes I smoked in the last time.

Hia (10€/g moroccan ) - I saw that one on their IG account (which was deleted a few days before)... it had a beautiful a bit reddish colour that makes my mouth watering. When the dealer showed it to me it looked more like a blonde hash and pretty different in colour :? ... anyway it was a nice variety of moroccan hash. Really blond pretty solid hash that gets softer when holded in the hands for a bit. Well it´s a bit harder but I noticed fast that it´s some fine piece of hash. Nice classic hashy flavours comes out when smoked this. It´s more like a really smooth tasty blonde hash... so not the strongest hash... more a smooth blonde smoke but again it´s nice legit moroccan quality :mrgreen:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Thnx for the great reviews Marok21, still keeping it strong as the #1 hash reviewer of the ACD (and for the last many months probably also the most active reviewer in general, great work man, it is much appreciated!)!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You have not made it any easier waiting for 420, especially this review and the Dampkring review has us spinning with excitement! :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
macky

Post by macky »

+1 you always give us choices for 420 ..good job :D
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I always try to help where I can :mrgreen:
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

Marok21 wrote: Fri 12th Apr 2019 04:04 pm I always try to help where I can :mrgreen:
Thanks mate, Banana filtered is very very good....then half hour I say only "oh banana...oh banana..." :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

TransApenninesCouple wrote: Tue 23rd Apr 2019 06:47 pm
Marok21 wrote: Fri 12th Apr 2019 04:04 pm I always try to help where I can :mrgreen:
Thanks mate, Banana filtered is very very good....then half hour I say only "oh banana...oh banana..." :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Nice to hear that you liked it :mrgreen: It seems like that with that "filtering" or "additional sieving" method the final product gets a kind of cleaner smell of the used genetics compared to the usual techniques. Also taste and effect is pretty "clean" and more uplifting to me. This time I tried their Amnesia Bubble hash which is also made with that method...

Amnesia Bubble hash (12€/g) - As the Banana filtered hash it´s a pretty crumbly hash but a bit brighter. This one has also a very nice clean smell of the used genetics :D yammmiii the same applies to the taste... the effect is more uplifting to me but again pretty clean :lol: both hashes the Banana filtered and Amnesia Bubble were pretty similar hashes... both pretty crumbly notably clean smelling hashes that gave also a clean effect.

I liked both pretty much :mrgreen: especially because of their clean effects. Over the last years there comes a lot of new stuff from morocco and it´s great to have that big choice :mrgreen: and differences. Well I still like the more oldschool hashes so much...because they have often such a great pleasant effect on my full body and mind that I didn´t get with most weed or newschool hashes... but on the other hand high grade newschool hashes have effects that I don´t get with classic hash :lol: Overall it´s great to have them all :lol:
Rabambuli

Post by Rabambuli »

It seems that Solo is stocking good quality goods.. I may have to check them out. I hope they still have that Amnesia Hash.