Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

geekymonkey

Solo

Post by geekymonkey »

ACD Page: Solo. (Formerly Stix 2. See also the Stix thread.)

I think they have new ownership now, and are separated from Stix. In which case, they seemed to deserve their own review page. If I am wrong, feel free to delete this.

Great shop, only a few blocks east of Nieumarkt. Nice atmosphere, lots of locals.

Chocolope was nice (10e/g) and the Nepalese Temple Ball was great (13.50e/g 5 gs for 12.10e/g).

Definitely a place I will be returning to.

Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
geekymonkey

Re: Solo

Post by geekymonkey »

Solo's Nepalese Temple Ball, Sept 2011
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

Man that hash looks awesome. Looks like the stuff I scoredin jamaica
I need a miracle everyday
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

Cat, it was awesome. Sandalwood, lemon, black pepper and licorice. Fragrant, pliable, pristine. And the soaring, peaceful effects. Wow.
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

This is my new favourite Coffeeshop (very closely followed by Kashmir lounge)

Both budtenders are easy going and knowledgeable, the woman is overly friendly and helpful
There are games for customers use

Koffee verkeerd is very good

As to smoke, I'm no expert but IMHO it's top class!

The cheese is top class, I bought a gram everyday for a week
The Super polm was so good i took some home
Black star was a firm favourite of the trip for one of my mates
And lemonesia was fresher than we encountered elsewhere

We sat in there for 2 hours on Wednesday night watching family guy on tv, and chillin with the budtender, with the odd local popping In for a buy and fly

Excellent if you want to chill out
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
Fabess

Post by Fabess »

I just have a question. Since Stix was taking over to become Solo, the menu and prices are still the same at both shops(Stix and Solo) or it has completly change then. And what's about the quality?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Chill & Smoke some Greenzz :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

I can't comment on the stix/solo connection as never been in stix
But im just back from another trip to solo and I can't get enough of the cheese it's simply the best weed I've ever had, maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but ticks all my boxes.
The atmosphere is second to none even the locals that frequent on a daily basis are friendly and involving

Don't miss this shop!!

Ps I was informed by the budtender that if we can't stop the weitpass the shops wil be closed to tourists From 20th February 2013 :cry:
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

The female owner/operator was very nice to our group when we stopped in. It was a little crowded the rainy day we were there, so we did the BnF. The Twizla hash that I purchased was tasty. Love the location and will try to stop back in and stay for a coffee and smoke next time.
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

Smokey McPot wrote:I can't comment on the stix/solo connection as never been in stix
But im just back from another trip to solo and I can't get enough of the cheese it's simply the best weed I've ever had, maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but ticks all my boxes.
The atmosphere is second to none even the locals that frequent on a daily basis are friendly and involving
mmm they didn't have cheese on the menu when I was there at the end of September- it's a favorite of mine. :)
Spacefunk

Post by Spacefunk »

I totally randomly stumbled into here, remembered someone saying they'd always had good weed from there, and found a scene more like a living room - an older lady budtender and some two dudes sitting in a corner in a space way bigger than such a crowd would warrant. I purchased a gram of the Cheese, and by god - it was one of the best buys of the trip, and it's just plain "ordinary" Cheese (in that Cheese is all over). It is just some stinkin' dank that will have your head looping.
winnie

Post by winnie »

i think this is a lovely place too... great location, good products etc... but there's never anyone there. Solo smoking i can do at home
Wyndham

Post by Wyndham »

One of my new regular stops as it's nice and close to where I sometimes stay (a boat in Oosterdok) and always welcoming :)
On the last trip we took an early morning flight and by the time we checked-in we were baked - cue an afternoon nap - after which we were a bit laggy, so we popped in for a cup of tea and some nice sativa to wake us up a little.
The budtender (an older lady who we presumed to be the owner) knew her stuff and was clearly enjoying the produce, she showed me a selection of 3 different fruity buds and after much sniffing I chose the Black Star, a lovely smooth smoke and after a nice hot cuppa & a doob we were flying around the canals again.

Definitely on the list for 420!
Lion King

Post by Lion King »

A shop with a pretty good location that gets little or none attention on this forum. Does that mean its a hidden gem or a shithole?
Still the place to go for Nepalese Temple Ball?
Bevar Christiania
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

Hidden gem IMHO

Temple was nice and squidgey and aromatic when i was the there in January 8)
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

No negative votes is a good sign it's a hidden gem. I'm going to check them out again when I'm in town in a few weeks. Mmmm hope the temple ball is as good as I remember it.