Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

macky

Re: Solo

Post by macky »

I hear you MoFo just telling you what there up too,I know one guy puts the crystal in with his block hash.
But there after the taste in the sauce more then anything ,it does taste good on the nail but not as strong as BHO .

macky

Post by macky »

macky wrote: Tue 5th Feb 2019 12:20 pm I hear you MoFo just telling you what there up too,I know one guy puts the crystal in with his block hash.
But there after the taste in the sauce more then anything ,it does taste good on the nail but not as strong as BHO .
Should mention big push here on getting none solvent dabs ,everybody trying to flavour there rosin ,live resin ... I believe it,s more important on the strain and how it,s grown that will determine the final product . But hey there,s ton,s trying to capture and infuse terpintenes ,imagine there,s a kid some where in his basement cooking up the next big technic :D
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

macky wrote: Tue 5th Feb 2019 12:20 pm I hear you MoFo just telling you what there up too,I know one guy puts the crystal in with his block hash.
The sauces by themselves no, but in my experience the sauce with the THC-A crystals added (this is the "Diamonds Sauce" you mentioned) - are stronger typically.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Tue 5th Feb 2019 01:03 pm
The sauces by themselves no, but in my experience the sauce with the THC-A crystals added (this is the "Diamonds Sauce" you mentioned) - are stronger typically.
It's an interesting topic this one.

Firstly - sir Macky, I'm certainly not picking at you my friend - rather the manufacturers broadcasting information that has 'loose due diligence' in favour of profits via buzzwords :) But I'm sure you know that :wink:
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Tue 5th Feb 2019 01:03 pm The sauces by themselves no, but in my experience the sauce with the THC-A crystals added (this is the "Diamonds Sauce" you mentioned) - are stronger typically.
So I'm assuming DLN that you're reffering to what BHO makers call 'diamonds'? Which is reached through a similar method with rosin: essentially a process called mechanical separation - rather than THC-a distillate or powder?

There's a chance that there are some cross communication threads here as there's definitely a distinct difference between THC-a diamonds arrived at via mechanical separation (solventless or not) and 'true/pure' THC-a which would require a fractional-distillation process to reach. But I digress - and the difference is not really relevant because the point I'm making here is that when considering the potency of a THC-a crystal (achieved via mech separation) the deciding factor on potency would be weight. THC-a has a specific molecular weight and different cannabinoids will not crystallise together (chemistry 101 so I'm told by a very well educated and reliable source).

So yes - the terpene fraction from mechanical separation is always much lower in it's cannabinoid content than the crytals. But when judging crystals made from Rosin Vs BHO they will be exactly the same potency if the two crystals are of exact matching weights (when controlling the sample for contaminants as mechanical seperation won't produce an entirely pure product AFAIK).
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

macky wrote: Tue 5th Feb 2019 12:43 pm Should mention big push here on getting none solvent dabs ,everybody trying to flavour there rosin ,live resin ... I believe it,s more important on the strain and how it,s grown that will determine the final product . But hey there,s ton,s trying to capture and infuse terpintenes ,imagine there,s a kid some where in his basement cooking up the next big technic :D
This is also interesting - and another area in which the cannabis community shows its arse :lol: :oops: :cry:.
The push for solventless dabs - and a simultaneous move towards higher terpene content in those dabs demonstrates a total lack of understanding on both the consumer and manufacturers behalf.

The move towards solventless oil is aimed at reducing the amount of hydro-carbons inhaled by the user (essentially the residual butane left in BHO) but what it fails to account for is that the jury is very much still out on whether inhaling large amounts of terpenes is a good idea from a health perspective - primarily because terpenes themselves are classed in the same molecular group of hydrocarbons as Butane. :lol:

So there's a bunch of people out there saying 'solventless is safer' with absolutely no fucking idea what they're talking about (as usual). And just parroting buzzwords like a virtue signalling robot from the planet fuckwit. Limonene will dissolve silicone. There's LOTS of limonene in Bho OR Rosin. Literally thousands of times more than the residual solvents found in BHO, which is somewhat regulated in the US (depedent on state) and generally lower that 1000 parts per million, whereas high terpene extracts can often contain over 2% hydrocarbons.
Go figure.
macky

Post by macky »

You sound a lot like my buddy who work,s Canopy Growth :D It,s all a bit of a blur to me govner :D
He,s in Denmark at the moment and is going to try to hit 420 in Dam,you may meet yet, Are you thinking 420 bud ? Your brother due too :D
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

macky wrote: Tue 5th Feb 2019 03:57 pm You sound a lot like my buddy who work,s Canopy Growth :D It,s all a bit of a blur to me govner :D
He,s in Denmark at the moment and is going to try to hit 420 in Dam,you may meet yet, Are you thinking 420 bud ? Your brother due too :D
Unfortunately I won't make it this year buddy - 420 falls on Easter weekend which is an annual family event so I'll be away for the weekend. Sounds like it's stacking up to be a good one already so I'm sure I'll be tuning in online for updates over the week :)
macky

Re: Sol

Post by macky »

:( To bad,was not my plan either but wife,s working like crazy and needs a break .
Seems like the lest I can do :D
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

macky wrote: Tue 5th Feb 2019 05:23 pm :( To bad,was not my plan either but wife,s working like crazy and needs a break .
Seems like the lest I can do :D
Such a considerate husband!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I had again their Tangie Static hash (15€/g) and Candy Cookie hash (12€/g) both nice hashes as last times...

Furthermore I spotted 4G weed on their menu for 13€/g but didn´t tried it.

They posted pics on their Instagram of their new hashes they offer pretty soon... looks really awesome :shock: Holy Grail Kush, Banana OG double filtered, Hiya (crazy color :shock: ) and Amnesia bubble double filtered. I can´t wait to try that ones :mrgreen:
macky

Post by macky »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 10th Mar 2019 07:22 pm I had again their Tangie Static hash (15€/g) and Candy Cookie hash (12€/g) both nice hashes as last times...

They posted pics on their Instagram of their new hashes they offer pretty soon... looks really awesome :shock: Holy Grail Kush, Banana OG double filtered, Hiya (crazy color :shock: ) and Amnesia bubble double filtered. I can´t wait to try that ones :mrgreen:
When you say double filtered do you mean clean wax heads and leaf matter a second time.
As I write this down it,s seems like a dum ? But if you don,ask you don,t know :D
kalima

Post by kalima »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 10th Mar 2019 07:22 pm I had again their Tangie Static hash (15€/g) and Candy Cookie hash (12€/g) both nice hashes as last times...

yes I saw that post, they look lovely, can't wait until I get back in September :mrgreen:
FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

Plan on making Solo my first official stop after I check into my hotel in a couple of weeks.

Have a nice sized hit list of shops I haven't visited from my two previous trips that I'd like to check out and Solo is at the top.
Before anything, get the daily dose of choke.....
tinky

Post by tinky »

Was in on the 12/3 SuperSilver haze @12 euros . Nice example no complaints. Barry white playing Bustender singing along to every other song made for a good / chilled vibe. Hash menu was looking larger 8/12 types from 8/15 euros. Was travelling with 4 non smoking work colleagues so sampling time was limited sadly.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

macky wrote: Mon 11th Mar 2019 11:59 pm When you say double filtered do you mean clean wax heads and leaf matter a second time.
As I write this down it,s seems like a dum ? But if you don,ask you don,t know
I just quoted what they wrote on their instagram acc. They say it´s "double filtered"... I wanted
to ask the budtender how it´s be made... personaly I am not so up to date about that filtering
techniques... well I heard of that static filtering method for the first time a few months ago :lol: ...
but it´s only logical to try to improve the quality of the final product with filtering... I could imagine that
a few farmers used a kind of filtering already in the past for some special quality batches... well you can
also improve the quality by using only the best plants and only the best buds for producing the hash...

I don´t know with what filtering technique the new hashes of Solo had been made... if anyone knows more
about that filtering topic in general it would be very nice to hear more :mrgreen: