Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

Billyjoe

Re: Solo

Post by Billyjoe »

Marok21 wrote: Thu 13th Dec 2018 12:42 pm Parvati Charas (12€/g) - A black handrubbed hash. Not as soft as many other Nepal/Indian hashes I saw but when holded in the hands for a bit it gets flexible pretty fast. The hash bubbled well when touched by the flame which I hadn´t everytime with handrubbed hashes even when I bought a high priced black hash from a "quality" Coffeeshops.

Like Billyjoe wrote before it smells kind of lemongrass leather and like some indian food to me :D but I know that kind of spicy food smell from other black hashes I had in the past... what I also noticed when smoking that kind of hashes through the bong is that they open my lungs and they are super smooth to smoke even with tobacco like you smoke a essential oil :lol:

Effect is pretty much only in the head. It gaves a nice clear high feeling and you feel very focused... could be very nice if you want to be creative or just want to think about life :D

Well I only smoked that as my first smoke of the day and my tolerance was pretty low at that moment but it gaves me a in contrast to many other handrubbed black hashes a noticeable pleasent clear head high :D I can imagine why many people like the high of that kind of hashes :mrgreen: Like said before I would recommend to try it as your first smoke of the day because when smoked some moroccan hash for example before you don´t feel the right effects of it.
Hello,

I have smoked more of it at home.

Unfortunately there is always a markup in price when it comes to Black hash, 8 euro would be a good deal, for 12 euro you can get way stronger, like in boerjongens or super tbizla from Dampkring, for example the candy cookie from Central is way stronger and cheaper. The batch I had doesn’t bubble well as Marok21 stated, it bubbles a little, same as a 6 euro marocan hash so you will need to make a fatter joint than with 12 euro marocan hash. And for me it is more of a nepalese than a parvati charras, like in Kandinsky or 420. A real Indian charras is not that compact, has earthy flavor and more of a penicillin smell.

Otherwise a very clean sativa hash, very nice clear uplifting high, I love it !
Never regretted smoking a joint because it knocked you down on a very beautiful Saturday?
That is the perfect hash to smoke in the day with a coffee or if you go out at night, I don’t drink alcohol and this would be what I would smoke on a night out while my friends would drink beer, this hash gives almost no body effect, I got only dry mouth and even no sandy eyes but energized and euphoric, it should be called Parvati crack :-)
Also a nice silky lemon pie taste, the smoke has a roasted peppery smell and at cold smells of leather, lemongrass.

Overall a nice pleasant smoke with a unique effect and a different old school asian taste and smell, but it’s more expensive than marocan hash of the same potency.

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Candy Cookies hash (12€/g) - I saw a pic of it on their Instagram a few days before my trip and decide to try that nice looking hash :D I liked the Candy Cookies hash (8,10€/g) from Coffeeshop Central but that one from Solo is not the same.

On their Instagram it says that it´s made of Candy Kush x Girl Scout Cookies plants. It look like in the picture (below) but has such a high oil content that it gets very dark pretty fast in the baggy. The smell is lovely but hard to describe at first it smelled sweet to me but later I noticed also kind of piney scents... well I am not the best in explaining scents/tastes but it def. smelt yummy and natural :lol: The effect was a nice balanced high/stoned to me. Good one :mrgreen:

deebzy75

Post by deebzy75 »

first time here for a good few years ...after recent reviews thought id swing by

had xxx-14 a g very nice smoke didnt look the greatest but worth the price

bt recommended the blood orange 11-12 a g? a good sativa for a wake and bake

this shop is back on the list now...well worth a visit
WLow

Post by WLow »

Review for end november:

like deebzy75 wasn't here for a few years, the new insta hype made me have a look, italian guy at the counter may be the reason am here :mrgreen:

asked to show me a few boxes, was plastic boxes with boveda in it, svf og lookin great and nicole kush smelling citrusy? got some.Weed was really dry, powder with hands, both strains, guess boveda was dry out ? i preferd sfv og, nicole kush had no real flavor.
Crapulinski

Post by Crapulinski »

Last edited by Crapulinski on Wed 29th Jan 2020 01:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daz1976

Post by Daz1976 »

The Instagram photos on this thread are outstanding. Mouthwatering every time I look at them lol. I first visited this shop 3 years ago but I remember it as being slightly run down. The canal outside was empty and we stumbled upon it (group of 8 heading home from the centre) whilst already stoned. It was really quiet shop. Last year, after seeing some photos, me and the Mrs passed by it after spending the afternoon at het ballonetje, and it was mobbed - there was a queue to get in. Have made a vow to stop in this year for sure 😀✌️
Smell the flowers while you can✌️
kalima

Post by kalima »

had the Kashmiri pollen here in December, along with the rif cream. Kashmiri was again something I had only ever smoked a long time ago in India, so was intrigued by it, hit was a nice high, I remember we vaped it, and then wandered around the streets ,all 3 of us had the giggles with it, so nice sativa high I think :lol: . We had the Rif cream, when we went back in the evening, very nice, good strong hit and very good value for money. I do like the Moroccan"s with Pakistani origins, had a few times over here as well .
Also had some of their Amnesia , good example, nice smoke, also recommended.
very friendly coffeeshop, lots of locals, only thing was that when I tried to buy .5 g , the older bud tender said only grams, but I noticed the younger bud tender in the evening was doing .5g's , 10 euro deals, but it was to Dutch customers, so not sure if they operate a double system.
WE went to Baghera for lemon candy hash, but they had run out, so we decided to head back here for Rif cream :)
Billyjoe

Post by Billyjoe »

Nobody had the chance to try the king Hassan and temple ball ? Also what price is the temple ball ?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

kalima wrote: Fri 1st Feb 2019 03:31 pm had the Kashmiri pollen here in December, along with the rif cream. Kashmiri was again something I had only ever smoked a long time ago in India, so was intrigued by it, hit was a nice high, I remember we vaped it, and then wandered around the streets ,all 3 of us had the giggles with it, so nice sativa high I think . We had the Rif cream, when we went back in the evening, very nice, good strong hit and very good value for money. I do like the Moroccan"s with Pakistani origins, had a few times over here as well .
Like I said many times before I really like Paki genetics hash, too and for 8€/g it´s a nice deal for an indica hash (and when you buy 5 grams it´s even cheaper)
Billyjoe wrote: Fri 1st Feb 2019 11:31 pm Nobody had the chance to try the king Hassan and temple ball ? Also what price is the temple ball ?

No :? I still want to try their King Hassan myself but everytime when I am there I find some other nice hash that I buy instead :lol: but it´s still on my list :lol: Well I tried their Temple Ball but that was nearly 10 years back and so it make no sence because it´s for sure different stuff now :lol:

Well I visited them this weekend mainly for their static filtered hash made from Tangie plants that I saw on their instagram page before. The pictures made my mouth watering so I had to check it out :mrgreen: When I entered the shop there was a group of 5 or 6 guys in the line before me and they were already ordering... I heard that they were talking about the Tangie Static hash... they tried it already yesterday and were pretty impressed by it. At this moment I already knew what will happen :lol: 1 or 2 guys bought 5 grams of it and another one of them the rest of the stock :shock: :evil: :lol:
I asked the dealer if they got more later and he wasn´t sure but he asked someone in the back and then he said that I should come back in 6 hours...

5 hours later I went back to the shop and it seemed like the "supply guy" also entered the shop a few minutes before me and yes they had it back it stock :D

Tangie Static hash (15€/g) - This static filtering technique is pretty interessting to me. I heard that 1e Hulp won a homegrowncup lately for a hash made with that technique... that was the first time I heard of that production method and since that I was looking forward to try that kind of filtered hash :D

It´s kind of dry sieved hash. Pretty blonde but dark brown from the outside... you can see also without a microscope that it´s "finer" than a usual not filtered hash. More crystals less other stuff :D Well it didn´t looked as good as the hash 1e Hulp entered in the cup (it looked like 100% crystal heads) but you can see that it´s filtered...
It has a super strong smell :mrgreen: like Tangie and also sour scents were in it... very yammmi and a natural smell :mrgreen:

Taste is also like you would expect from such a nice smelling dry sift hash... super tasty! :mrgreen: Furthermore it´s def. potent! Well it don´t knock you out or something but it gaves a real nice stoned and combined with that taste it´s just great to smoke :D

For me personally Solo got one of the best hash menus in town atm :clap: well coffeeshop Siberie has also some great new stuff atm... I will write a review later... not much time atm :?
Last edited by Marok21 on Sun 3rd Feb 2019 10:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Right near the top of my hit list for my next visit. Sounding good. I simply must sample more hash next time, always mean to. Marok you do a sterling job on keeping us informed on that front, so I’ll be keeping a beady eye on your posts. Great work 👌
Billyjoe

Post by Billyjoe »

Thanks for your reply and review Marok21,

Tanguie looks amazing but what is this static technique ?
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Billyjoe wrote: Mon 4th Feb 2019 02:38 am Thanks for your reply and review Marok21,

The technique refers to the process of using static to separate resin heads from plant material to create a purer product from ‘dry-sift’.

During the hash making process, the Trichomes are separated from the plant by sieving the broken down buds over a fine micron mesh. The resultant ‘kief’ or ‘sift’ as some call it is then further refined using static. I’ve seen a variety of methods.
The simplest was some parchment paper wrapped around a DVD case. When the ‘device’ is drawn across the sift, static forces Trichomes to one side of the case and plant material to the opposite.... you could search YouTube for ‘cleaning dry sift with static tech’ and see it in action.
Fascinating stuff. Looks like the techniques are slowly filtering across from the US to Morocco.

Apologies Marok for answering for you!
macky

Post by macky »

We use big hand cranked tumbler ,without static technic there,s just way to much leave.
The big thing here now is called THC A, you repress rosin at low tempeture through 25micron filter .
The white and yellow crystal is caught in filter and the pressed stuff on parchment paper is called sauce...I call it diamond sauce :D Not as strong as. BHO ,But tastey :mrgreen:
Billyjoe

Post by Billyjoe »

OneHighMofo wrote: Mon 4th Feb 2019 09:44 am
Billyjoe wrote: Mon 4th Feb 2019 02:38 am Thanks for your reply and review Marok21,

The technique refers to the process of using static to separate resin heads from plant material to create a purer product from ‘dry-sift’.

During the hash making process, the Trichomes are separated from the plant by sieving the broken down buds over a fine micron mesh. The resultant ‘kief’ or ‘sift’ as some call it is then further refined using static. I’ve seen a variety of methods.
The simplest was some parchment paper wrapped around a DVD case. When the ‘device’ is drawn across the sift, static forces Trichomes to one side of the case and plant material to the opposite.... you could search YouTube for ‘cleaning dry sift with static tech’ and see it in action.
Fascinating stuff. Looks like the techniques are slowly filtering across from the US to Morocco.

Apologies Marok for answering for you!
Interesting !

That make sens, I must definitely try it, also 15 euro seems a very good price for this technique.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

macky wrote: Mon 4th Feb 2019 12:43 pm We use big hand cranked tumbler ,without static technic there,s just way to much leave.
The big thing here now is called THC A, you repress rosin at low tempeture through 25micron filter .
The white and yellow crystal is caught in filter and the pressed stuff on parchment paper is called sauce...I call it diamond sauce :D Not as strong as. BHO ,But tastey :mrgreen:
Sorry captain - apologies in advance but I've got my pedant hat on again. I'm not picking at your post out of any desire other than 100% solid information.

THC-a is the molecule in it's inactive state. The classification describes that molecule individually.
So while it is possible to arrive at pure THC-a with a process like fractional distillation; the process you describe - re-squishing rosin at low temps through increasingly smaller mesh sizes: while it might remove most of the terpenes, plant waxes, fats and lipids etc. It won't result in a product pure enough that it could be called THC-a. As it will defintely contain 'contaminants' - other cannabinoids for example.

The question on my lips is:
Given it's taken centuries of science for us to reach the level of understanding about the plant we have. And how the leading lights on the subject now suspect deeply that the synergistic effects of terpenes, flavanoids and the symphony of other cannabinoids in the plant is at the heart of many of Cannabis' therapuetic benefits. Why the holy fuckola would we want to go about removing those for consumption?

From a scientific standpoint molecule isolation is interesting sure - certainly from a research perspective. But honestly even someone with a quarter-ounce a day tolerance finds the effects of THC-a on it's own can be unpleasant; likely an awful experience for a first timer and almost certainly unpleasant for anyone suffering with any paranoic or anxiety related mental health concerns.