Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

cornish pixie

Re: Solo

Post by cornish pixie »

Sat in here for a couple of hours as never visited before. Lovely chilled out vibe in here locals playing dominos and love staring out those little windows. Will defo return great service too and let us smoke our previous purchases with a few coffees we bought

"If you can, then do "
Smokey McPot

Post by Smokey McPot »

As always, the very best shop to chill out in Amsterdam.

No temple balls this trip but I had the Morrocan excellent which was in fact excellent lol
Also lemonesia was really good
The blue cheese (which is a favourite strain for me) was crap tbh
Far too dry and no real stone off it either :(

Still the best shop in A'dam IMHO
If carlsburg made weed it would be northern lights 5x
Fabess

Post by Fabess »

We stopped by Solo on our first morning in Ad'am as it is an old favorite of my friend, nice view at the window table. Friendly service and good recommendations on the gear:

Super Silver/S5 €15/gr: My mate got a 1.2g bud for 17.70€ if i remembered correctly.Gorgeous looking buds with a nice light green colour full of red hair and covered with xhite/amber crystals, very nice cured. Pungent and typical smell of ssh, and it transfered so well to the taste and it was very potent. I was so high I felt I was floating in the air, and very intense cerebral effect. The best example of SSH I ever had in Holland. 9/10

We were looking for some hashes different from the morrocan ones we can get at home. The lady budtender suggest to us :
Gunpowder 14.5/gr : Unpressed pollen. We had 2 mix joints with lemon bubble from voyager and nycd from 420 Cafe. It was a very hard kick in my brain and it tasting like mentos. 8/10
Nepal Creme 15/gr : My friend got also a gr of this, I didn't look too much at it as im not a black hash guy, I had a taste and it was a smooth smoke but was too high to judge the effects properly.

A nice little gem off the beaten path with a very cosy atmosphere and local feeling.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Chill & Smoke some Greenzz :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Roccy Tittzenbeer

Post by Roccy Tittzenbeer »

A nice little stroll in the afternoon sunshine this weekend gone led me out to Solo and therein indulged in a nice bud of the Super Silver/S5 at 15 €uro per gram (as per previous poster)
Excellent firm tasty bud caught my eye and was duly selected at 1.15 grams which cost €uro 17.30
Very nice indeed, smell, taste, effect and visually.
The menu prices were a bit higher than I expected with the choice of greens starting from 12 €uros upwards although the quality looked good - so maybe you are paying a bit more for better - will go back at a future date and do some more delving into the rest of the list, about 10 different greens and about 5 hashes.
Pleasant quiet location and friendly lady BT, stock willingly shown and weighed in front of you and also prepared to trim back to exactly 1 gram.
Decor clean and comfortable.
All the best
RTnB
First visit October 1976 last visit still to come ....
KrazeUK

Post by KrazeUK »

Does anyone know what this Coffeeshop is like? Staying near here in a weeks time and have never been.

Thanks.
“Everything is better with a bag of weed.”

Stewie Griffin
Marduk

Post by Marduk »

KrazeUK wrote:Does anyone know what this Coffeeshop is like? Staying near here in a weeks time and have never been.

Thanks.

Liked it quite much when I visited there 2 years ago. Shop was clean (although small) and full of locals. Very nice and helpful older lady bundtender. Had some good chat with her.
She advised me towards "Super Skunk" (~8€/g). Went for 0.5g, since my stash was full. Clean smoke. First time I tried that classic strain and didn't expect much. Man, it was nearly too strong, even after several days of toking. Extremely trippy (with a hint of paranoia), and so far the only strain that got me shroom-like, open eye visuals! Not my kind of high, but overall can't complain.
Well, maybe I simply overdid it on that Amsterdam visit and the Super Skunk was just the last thing to tip my mind over...

I'd recommend the shop, although a lot of strains and hash are a bit pricey imho.
monster420

Post by monster420 »

Marduk wrote:
KrazeUK wrote:Does anyone know what this Coffeeshop is like? Staying near here in a weeks time and have never been.

Thanks.

Liked it quite much when I visited there 2 years ago. Shop was clean (although small) and full of locals. Very nice and helpful older lady bundtender. Had some good chat with her.
She advised me towards "Super Skunk" (~8€/g). Went for 0.5g, since my stash was full. Clean smoke. First time I tried that classic strain and didn't expect much. Man, it was nearly too strong, even after several days of toking. Extremely trippy (with a hint of paranoia), and so far the only strain that got me shroom-like, open eye visuals! Not my kind of high, but overall can't complain.
Well, maybe I simply overdid it on that Amsterdam visit and the Super Skunk was just the last thing to tip my mind over...
sprayed with synthetic cannabinoids... as so much weed in holland. :twisted:
KrazeUK

Post by KrazeUK »

Anybody know what strains or how much weed is here?

Stewie Griffin
KrazeUK

Post by KrazeUK »

By far one of my favourite Coffeeshops in Amsterdam. Lovely woman I see working in there every time always very helpful and friendly.

Budda X Lemnesia was one of the nicest strains I had on my last trip!

Situated in a lovely part of Amsterdam as well.

Stewie Griffin
andyc

Post by andyc »

always my first stop in town after the madness of schipol/centraal.....
great to unwind and chill before heading to hotel
swizzy

Post by swizzy »

this is 1 coffeeshop i have ignored not on purpose but its just way from everything.

will defo give this a go in march
trips to Amsterdam 19
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

Dont think I have been here before... perhaps its time to give it a try.. but looking at that menu pic (from 2012 or something I think it was) it does seem a lil bit pricey.. oh maybe its just because its high quality gear.. at least one can hope so.
RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I wasn´t there since years (when it was called Stix) so I decided to have a look what´s going on there :lol:
Still very quite place... but it was pretty full in there I had to wait 5 minutes till I could check out the menu.

Prices are pretty high here :lol: I remember the Enemy of the State (15€/g), Holy Grail Kush (17€/g), Lemnesia (17€/g), Blueberry Kush (15€/g), Dutch Skuff (15€/g). I asked to have a look at their kushes...

Friendly young budtender showed me the Holy Grail Kush but it didn´t impressed me by smell and look. Well it smelled OK but there wasn´t a real kush smell on it and for 17€/g...
Blueberry Kush was sold out.
So I asked the dealer for a advice... he showed me the Enemy of the State (15€/g :lol: ). Very hard dense buds with an oldschool smell like WW or something but also different. I only tried that strain one time before
and it was pretty mediocore. This batch was pretty good flushed and smoked very well also with a strong indica stoned...
Overall very nice pretty clean weed but for 15€/g... too expensive. Hopefully it becomes not like you have to pay that expensive prices to get "good" flushed weed in the future...
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

I was in here yesterday - stopped for a smoke and a chill. The weed menu was quite extensive.They had a gruis type thing for about €6, two outdoor options for around €7/€7.50, then a whole load of weeds up to Enemy of the State at €15 which was the priciest thing on the menu. I took a g of White Widow at €9.50 - I looked at the outdoor, but it was really dry and I knew it wouldn't smoke great pure. The WW was fresh in, and smoked well. It wouldn't win any cups or awards, but it was a pretty good option at the price. I wasn't paying attention to the hashes!

The shop was friendly and buzzing. Two young Brits came in and the bud tender was really nice to them - offered them a €5 deal on anything on the menu, rather than hassling them to spend more than they wanted to. It's in a nice location too. Nice coffeeshop for a daytime smoke. I had a peppermint tea for €2.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

G13 was okay, way to dry but always pleasant to sit in the window on a nice sunny day.