Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

Spanishbeldia

Re: Solo

Post by Spanishbeldia »

I saw the instagram photos of the hiya and he looked very good! is it better for you than royal de massawa?
I love the quality of the hash in this place, when do you think is the best time to get the best traditional hash in the city? in January maybe?

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Spanishbeldia wrote: Fri 9th Oct 2020 02:08 pm I saw the instagram photos of the hiya and he looked very good! is it better for you than royal de massawa?
I love the quality of the hash in this place, when do you think is the best time to get the best traditional hash in the city? in January maybe?
Yeah indeed looks very nice :mrgreen: personaly I didn´t tried the "Royal" from Massawa for a while so I can´t give a real judgement
on that... but if I compare it to the last batches of "Royal" that I tried I would prefer the "Hia Primero" from Solo. While the "Hia
Primero" don´t knock you out or is super strong but it´s a kind of clean effect with an easy come down without feeling like you are to
tired to do something :lol: They described the high pretty well on their instagram acc: "high that relax the body and ease the mind,
thanks to a higher percentage of CBD". That combined with the "lekker" orig. moroccan hash flavour makes it really nice.

On the other hand 15€ is not really cheap and it´s not easy to answer if it´s worth the money... but as written here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37327 the prices for moroccan hash especially the "classic" hash made out
of the landraces seems to increase because of Covid19, stricter border controls, a disclosure of a communication network of organize crime...
I saw many menus from coffeeshops in the last month which increased their prices for moroccan hash... While many coffeeshops have also a
"new" high priced (around 15€/g) variety on the menu made of landrace genetics called for example like "Beldia", "Tidghine", "Diamond" or
that "Hia Primero" from Solo.

Personaly I don´t think that this hashses are only their old stuff just a few € more expensive. Probably it´s really the current higher
quality hash (made this season) out of morocco made of landrace genetics because I didn´t saw a lot high quality Beldia hash over
the last months or year... compared with the high quality beldia hash that I tried years before that Hia Primero (Coffeeshop Solo) and
Beldia hash (Coffeeshop Plug) were pretty nice but a bit to expensive... on the other hand there is not much real tasty moroccan hash around
and it seems like you have to pay higher prices to get that "original" flavor.
Spanishbeldia wrote: Fri 9th Oct 2020 02:08 pm when do you think is the best time to get the best traditional hash in the city? in January maybe?
Hard to say... personaly I had many nice hashes at the end of the year but also at other times of the year... with the new problems on the borders and so on it gets even harder to make a prognosis...
Tchukykush92

Post by Tchukykush92 »

new hash from afghanistan creme de la crème top quality afghan hash is back
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Useless info for the relevance of today but sure fuck it here goes. 2 years ago I had both 24k hash and the somango as well as the charas. 24k was lovely oily and very tasty, the somango was also quite lovely especially for the 8 or 9 euro price tag. The charas was just not my thing really, quite hard, leathery lemon scent and not much of a bang off it, that was my first experience with charas so can't really say much else.

Svog was the bud recommended by the bud tender. It was good enough if I remember correctly. Not outstanding but certainly wouldn't send it back to the kitchen!!

Both occasions had friendly bud tenders. All in all a nice spot I hope to get to one day again.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Tchukykush92 wrote: Wed 28th Oct 2020 10:57 pm new hash from afghanistan creme de la crème top quality afghan hash is back
Yeah I spotted it on the menu. I asked the older female budtender if I could take a look on that hash but they had only a tiny bit left in the container so I went for the "Lemon Larry OG" hash (12,50€/g) instead.

Lemon Larry OG hash (12,50€/g) - Pretty blonde dry made crumbly soft hash. It had a nice slight smell of the used genetics and also very natural to my nose. The taste wasn´t as intense as some of their higher priced hashes they had like some time ago (Gorilla Zkittles, Glueberry OG...) but it still tasted very natural and pleasent. The hash bubbles nicely when touched by the flame and much stronger as the "Cheese Cream" from GH for example.
The effect was pretty hybrid like... it worked as my first smoke of the day (like a sativa) but also has some nice effects on the body especially in higher doses.

Overall nice natural newschool hash :D maybe not as good as some of their higher priced newschool hashes they had in the last half year which I really liked especially because of that intense natural taste :mrgreen: but anyway it´s good natural shit :lol: :mrgreen:

By the way I also had a small chat with the older budlady about the situation on the hash market atm. Like said before now there comes much less hash from morocco to europe especially because of corona. She said she had already big discussions about the price on the back door...
Well it´s interesting to see that many newschool hashes that probably came from morocco are still priced the same... well there are exception like Boerejongens which have only a few hashes left on their menu since the problems on the border. Maybe some of that newschool hashes that should come from morocco are made in spain or nl for example instead... that would definitely be possible :roll: :D
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

They had two new hashes on the menu. Zkittles 90UM and Papaya 90UM. Both are sold for 18€/g. The Papaya hash looked a bit darker while the Zkittles hash was more blondish. I tried the Zkittles hash because I made good experiences with that "Zkittles OG" they had some time ago and I prefered that nice blondish color over the bit darker Papaya Hash.

Zkittles 90Um hash (18€/g) - Pretty crumbly more blondish coloured hash. Bubbles insane when touched by the flame :mrgreen: the smell isn´t very strong but very natural kind of lemony and fruity. Unfortunately it is not quite as terpy than I thought but there is still a very natural taste of
the used genetics. The effect isn´t ultra strong like it´s knock you out but it´s very clean and lasts long. I mean you feel very relaxed and stoned but I don´t had a "heavy head" feeling after smoking. I even smoked that as my first smoke of the day and it made me nicely stoned with good feelings without a hard comedown.

Many people could be dissapointed by it because it didn´t punsh you out and many expact that from a hash that cost 18€/g but I like it especially for its clean effect. That fine sieving or extra "filtering" of the hashes often leads to this kind of more clean effect that felt much better for the body and mind in my opinion. Well my tolerance is pretty high atm and for sure others could have a complete different effect :lol:

By the way in the meanwhile I saw reviews that the Papaya 90Um hash (18€/g) is terpier than the Zkittles hash. If I had the choice I would try that Papaya hash first but I really like the Zkittles hash while it could be a bit terpier and of course less expensive :roll: but it´s real quality hash and thats not so easy to find nowadays.

AK 47 hash (10,50€/g) -
Still the same batch as I had some months before while it looks a bit darker but I think that because of the storage or because it´s simply older now... I like it :mrgreen:
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Hi maroc I also seen that zkittles and papaya hash on insta but when I got there Saturday afternoon both had sold out, good hash doesn't stay on the shelves too long huh :D.... I did manage to get them at the plug

Anyway when I was there I picked up,
Peyote cookies €16
Mimosa €15
Jell O €14.50
K Mintz €14
Dosidos €13.50
All of the weed was of good quality,Mimosa is very strong and gave me a real head rush great for buzzing about the place I would like to say a good morning buzz but it has the potential to fuck you right up 8). K Mintz smells and tastes amazing one of the most enjoyable smokes I've had in a while.. I really couldn't fault the quality of weed here at the moment and pricewise it has to be one of the best out there :thumbup:

On the hash side of the menu I went for
Hiya primero €15
Lemmon Larry og €12.50

After reading a few posts on here I was not disappointed by the Hiya primero beautiful sweet old school maroc flavour and bubbles great with a lick of flame, I'm yet to try Lemmon Larry but it looks good and bubbles when burned I'm hoping it will be nice for daytime smoke like Maroc said for over Christmas
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Tokeing tom wrote: Mon 21st Dec 2020 10:47 am Hi maroc I also seen that zkittles and papaya hash on insta but when I got there Saturday afternoon both had sold out, good hash doesn't stay on the shelves too long huh
Yeah if there is some fire hash/weed available it´s usually sold out very fast :? once I wanted to buy also some real nice static filtered hash from Solo and there were a group of 4 or 5 people in front of me and everybody from them bought 5g of it :shock: and when it was my turn it was gone :? :roll:

I also think The Plug and Solo had the same source for the Papaya and Zkittles hash... I noticed before a while that they possibly have the same source for "filtered" hashes but at Solo its usally sold a bit cheaper.

Did you liked the Larry OG? Last time I went for the Ak47 hash instead because I had to save a bit of money :? but I really like their AK-47, too it has a good strong effect on me even if I smoked many other things before.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Hi maroc yes I like the lemom Larry it bubbles nice for a soft hash and has a nice effect, not near the flavour of hiya primero but very nice new school.. Happy new man
Pablocito

Post by Pablocito »

Grabbed some dosidos double filtered hash,and i can just highly recommend. .taste,fx,structure,smell,worth the price!!good job
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Pablocito wrote: Thu 1st Apr 2021 02:05 pm Grabbed some dosidos double filtered hash,and i can just highly recommend. .taste,fx,structure,smell,worth the price!!good job
I tried the Dosidos double filtered hash (22€/g) last week, too and I agree very nice stuff! :mrgreen: That is the quality of newschool hash I am looking for very tasty strong stuff very natural... while with 22€/g its not really cheap :roll: It reminds me of some of their top newschool doublefiltered hashes they offered last year for around 15€/g... but on the other hand it is maybe even a little better... don´t get me wrong I really damn like it but a few € cheaper would be great :D well with that problems on the hash market prices went up, too...

I also tried the Lemon Larry OG hash (12,50€/g) again which was a new batch as the older budlady told me. It´s maybe a bit darker and effect is more on the body than before. Still pretty natural quality newschool hash while I liked the first batch a bit more but thats maybe a matter of taste :D
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Mochi Gelato Double filtered hash (20€/g) - Pretty bright crumbly fresh hash. Smells pretty strong and nicely of the used genetics :mrgreen: The hash bubbled strong when touched by the flame. The taste is also pretty intense and pleasent furthermore the whole room smells like highgrade weed when I smoked that stuff :shock: :mrgreen: The effect is described as more indica while I feel a lot of uplifting effects from it. When I smoked it for the first time later at night it really kind of knocked me out :lol: heavy thinking and high as fuck so I went to bed pretty fast :lol: While on the next day it
wasn´t so strong for me as before. It gave me a pretty clear nice more uplifting effect which lasts long. I try to smoke that one as the first smoke of the day to feel that clear pleasent effects 8) because when I smoked to much stuff before especially indica the effect isn´t so special anymore.

Overall very tasty smelly stuff with a very clear effect. Not very stony but I like it´s effect and it´s really nice natural piece of hash :mrgreen: while 20€/g is hard but if you compare nearly all "double filtered" hashes are in that price league at the moment... I think before Covid it would be cheaper for sure. Anyway I would love to smoke that as my all day hash but with 20€/g it´s unfortunately to expensive for that :?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Because of a flood i had no electricity for almost 3 weeks :? in the end we were lucky only the basement was full of water up to the ceiling but no water came into the apartment... others were hit much harder :? because of that I wasn´t able to write some reviews... so with a little delay:

1,5 months ago

Pineapple Sorbet Double filtered hash (20€/g) - Again some pretty nice doub. filt. hash from here. Pretty blonde crumbly sandy hash as many hashes of that type. Bubbles strong when touched by the flame. Pretty tasty clean burning stuff. Strong effect while it wasn´t as strong as most other doub. filtered hashes that I had in the last time. The effect was more relaxing and stony to me. Overall nice hash but as I said many times before for me 20€/g is a bit over the top :? but the market determines the prices and hash from morocco isn´t cheap atm (if it really comes from there :roll: ) especially that "special" qualities.

3 weeks ago

Glueberry OG filtered hash (18€/g) - I had a similar batch of it some time ago from Coffeeshop Solo, too. If I remember right they sold it for 15€/g in the past. It also comes in form of bright eggs as the last time. More creamy and not so crumbly as most double filtered hashes that I tried. Personaly I prefer that type of creamy hashes while I also like that crumbly ones :mrgreen: It´s also pretty tasty of the used genetics while the taste isn´t so intense as with the "double filtered" ones but still lekker 8) it smokes clean in the bong and gave me a strong effect. Nice one :mrgreen:

Lemon Larry OG hash (12,50€/g) - Still very nice and a regular purchase for me :D
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New mwnu for Solo dated August 26, 2021. Thanks to Tokeing Tom.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

GELATO DOUBLE FILTERED
Great hash. I only really got round to trying this properly last night and was very impressed, great body buzz and zoned me out for the night, lovely flavour, recommended