Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

Nuggz

Re: Solo

Post by Nuggz »

Today:

Per the recommendations of my hash-sommelier apprentice in-training :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :P :P :P - I stopped by to give their resin-based wares a shot.

Hiya - she pulled out a small tub, several thin "ribbons" of the hash had been cut, for some reason hash looks so beautiful and delicate when cut this way, I'm a sucker for the presentation as such in any matter. I smelled it, a mild, but classic old-school genetics smell, cedar, peppery with a touch of ginger and woody-ness. Oxidized reddish-brown exterior lightly golden-brown in the center. Smokes nicely, burns clean with a mild but clear body buzz high. 10 EUR/g.

Banana Double-Filter - 15 EUR/g. Dark brown, spotty coloration on exterior, blondish coloration, with reddish-brown hues in the "interior", crumbles easily, with a fudge-likek, wet sand consistency. Sweet, mildly floral and slightly kushy, some creamy-ness and fruitiness on the backend maybe berrries? Still a bit generic "block hash" smell. Burns clean, with a potent hit and sizzles violently licked by the flame. Decent enough for what it is, though could be a touch cheaper in my opinion.

To be fair I've only bonged these two specimens thus far, so maybe a vape cocktail will change my opinion...to be seen.

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sun 5th May 2019 02:15 pm Today:

Per the recommendations of my hash-sommelier apprentice in-training :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :P :P :P - I stopped by to give their resin-based wares a shot.

Hiya - she pulled out a small tub, several thin "ribbons" of the hash had been cut, for some reason hash looks so beautiful and delicate when cut this way, I'm a sucker for the presentation as such in any matter. I smelled it, a mild, but classic old-school genetics smell, cedar, peppery with a touch of ginger and woody-ness. Oxidized reddish-brown exterior lightly golden-brown in the center. Smokes nicely, burns clean with a mild but clear body buzz high. 10 EUR/g.

Banana Double-Filter - 15 EUR/g. Dark brown, spotty coloration on exterior, blondish coloration, with reddish-brown hues in the "interior", crumbles easily, with a fudge-likek, wet sand consistency. Sweet, mildly floral and slightly kushy, some creamy-ness and fruitiness on the backend maybe berrries? Still a bit generic "block hash" smell. Burns clean, with a potent hit and sizzles violently licked by the flame. Decent enough for what it is, though could be a touch cheaper in my opinion.

To be fair I've only bonged these two specimens thus far, so maybe a vape cocktail will change my opinion...to be seen.
TOP review! :thumbup: Awesome how detailed you describe the taste/look and effects :clap:

Let us know how it was to smoke the hash in the vape :D I could imagine that these "filtered" hashes are perfect for that.
Dark-side-of-moon

Post by Dark-side-of-moon »

Checked-out this shop 'cause it has got good reviews on this site. I should have chosen one of the new-school hashes. The shop was fairly full of cannasseurs and I chose the Hiya hash at 1g E10. This was a mistake 'cause it wasn't very strong. Prix D'Ami's E9.50 honey hash was more potent in my opinion.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Dark-side-of-moon wrote: Thu 13th Jun 2019 01:53 pm Checked-out this shop 'cause it has got good reviews on this site. I should have chosen one of the new-school hashes. The shop was fairly full of cannasseurs and I chose the Hiya hash at 1g E10. This was a mistake 'cause it wasn't very strong. Prix D'Ami's E9.50 honey hash was more potent in my opinion.
I didn´t tried the honey hash from Prix and it´s possible for sure that it´s more potent but when I buy Solos Hia I am not looking for the potency mainly... I like the flavor and clean effect and how clean it smokes :mrgreen: ... a very natural product. OK maybe it´s because I was looking mainly for potency for a long time :twisted: :mrgreen: so now I really enjoy to smoke some nice smooth tasty stuff that gaves a nice clean high/stoned but well I still like the stronger hashes a lot :mrgreen: it´s so damn nice to have the possibility to get so many different hashes :D so you can smoke what you want when you want :mrgreen:
Dark-side-of-moon

Post by Dark-side-of-moon »

Marok21 - to be fair the Budlady did tell me that the Hiya "is a nice day-time smoke" and the choice was my error of judgement if I wanted something strong. Now I know.
I'm interested to know if blond hashes such as the Hiya and Honey Maroc come from specific producers/regions or whether they are simply some kind of quality standard. Any thoughts?
Thanks
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

I returned to Solo several times last week and finally found Federico, the Italian budtender. There was no confusion so we talked a little about his products. Hyia is a good Moroccan pollen from landrace type beldia, excellent in the morning and during the day, taste and smoked clean, the right soft. Banana filtered was once again my favorite: very fine, good power with a well balanced effect! Federico said: Bello fortino il Banana! :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

TransApenninesCouple wrote: Sat 15th Jun 2019 02:02 pm I returned to Solo several times last week and finally found Federico, the Italian budtender. There was no confusion so we talked a little about his products. Hyia is a good Moroccan pollen from landrace type beldia, excellent in the morning and during the day, taste and smoked clean, the right soft. Banana filtered was once again my favorite: very fine, good power with a well balanced effect! Federico said: Bello fortino il Banana!
Nice to hear that you found Frederico :D I didn´t saw him for longer time now...

Sadly their Banana filtered was off the menu :shock: :? instead they had a Sunset Sherbert hash (14€/g) on the menu which was a pretty blonde crumbly dry sieved hash with a pretty intense fruity smell. Well at this point I had already scored some very nice fruity smelling hash from Coffeeshop Amnesia (review will follow) so I went for their Silver Kush hash (13€/g).

Silver Kush hash (13€/g) - Blonde crumbly dry sieved hash with a sweet lemony smell to it. Bubbles pretty strong when touched by the flame. Like with most of that crumbly dry sieved hashes I repress it by hand that the nice oils come out. Usually that gaves me a better taste and the hash gets more effective. The hash has a nice sweet lemony taste and the effect is a pleasent high/stoned that is strong enough. Like it :D

By the way when I was sitting there someone came in and was also asking for the Banana filtered... the dealer asked if he want to try the Silver Kush hash instead but he answered that he tried it already and it gaves him some headache :? luckily it hadn´t the same effect on me :D
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

Marok21 wrote: Fri 21st Jun 2019 04:30 pm
TransApenninesCouple wrote: Sat 15th Jun 2019 02:02 pm I returned to Solo several times last week and finally found Federico, the Italian budtender. There was no confusion so we talked a little about his products. Hyia is a good Moroccan pollen from landrace type beldia, excellent in the morning and during the day, taste and smoked clean, the right soft. Banana filtered was once again my favorite: very fine, good power with a well balanced effect! Federico said: Bello fortino il Banana!
Nice to hear that you found Frederico :D I didn´t saw him for longer time now...

Sadly their Banana filtered was off the menu :shock: :?
Federico works at Solo from sunday to Wednesday.... :wink: :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Ah good to know :mrgreen: I am in Amsterdam mostly at weekends so that explains why I didn´t saw him in the last time :lol: thanks
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Amnesia Bubble Hash (12€/g) - Second time I got this but this batch was very different to the last one. Last time it was a pretty
crumbly dry sift hash... now it´s a very creamy darker sticky hash that was stored in the fridge. At first when the budlady showed it to me it
didn´t looked so sticky... well it was stored in the fridge :lol: but I didn´t expected that it´s so sticky... after my not so good experiences with many ultra sticky hashes I usually try to avoid that kind of hashes mostly atm but that one smelled lovely of the used strain and so I decide to try it. Compared to the sticky hashes I got in the last time I was much happier with that one. As I said before it smelled better to me and the smell also transfered better to the taste :D also the high was more pleasent stony to me and overall more intense as the ultra sticky hashes I tried in the last moths.

Nevertheless I have to say that this ultra sticky hashes are still not my favorite hashes. There is a fine difference between them. The hashes from Greenhouse for example (Cheese Cream, Pure Kush Cream) I tried on my last trip were also oily and sticky but "in a good way". Really good consistency to me! Maybe they have less moisture in it or the hash was cured better :? Well it´s also a matter of taste :lol:
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

I was here last week, and a shop I already liked went up in my estimation after a customer came in looking in for a particular strain of herb (didn't catch what it was). They didn't have it, but the budtender said that Basjoe might, and told him what they had that was similar. Top marks for being helpful and not just trying to shift whatever's in stock.

He also mentioned that they'll do 5€ tasters of anything they sell. If I'd known that last month, when this place was apparently the only oasis of air conditioning in the entire centre of Amsterdam, I'd just have sat here all day going through the menu rather than risk heatstroke by crawling through the streets.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Amazon Kush €12/g, nicest weed of my trip. I even went back to get more. They also sell the Amsterdam Edibles Connection stuff too and I tried the Chocolate Ganache cake and the Tiramsu, both 0.5g cannabis and both delicious. think they were €8 or €9. This was my first time here in many years and I came due to all the good reviews from regulars here. Will definitely be back.

They were also the only shop selling their cup entries. Indica, Sativa and Hash entries.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

Can also agree with the Amazon flower, excellent buy!
Profiter'LOL edible ".5g of Kush" (X2 profiteroles) €8, shared the box but decent enough considering , tasty edible, good strength.

Also nosed the Amnesia €10 and AMG €11.50 both very nice examples.
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

Returned for more edibles, Chocolate Genache slice very rich and potent from eating half. :mrgreen:

Edit*- leaning towards saying these are the strongest edibles available in the city from a shop currently (That I have tried of the main ones available and rated*)😅
Hitthepanda

Post by Hitthepanda »

came by here yesterday after reading suggestions;

amazon kush @ 12/g - wonderful quality for this price, very clean and well grown
rollex og @ 15/g - smells pungent, effects solid, but for their cup entry i didnt notice much more strength than the amazon kush for much cheaper

really dont like sativas for the most part but had to try their ''orange cake'' cup entry @ 15/gand it's realllllly nice. described as 60/40 sativa dom, the buds are incredibly frosty and compact and the smell of orange is very much in your face, reminds me of super orange glue from balloon. seemed very potent

also picked up a chocolate ganache treat for 9, was absolutely delicious but didn't feel effects much after eating the whole thing... but edibles usually don't effect me much in general so could still see it being very strong. the weed taste seemed evident/potent but was still tasty overall

cheers