Solo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Solo

I like Solo
96%
I don't like Solo
4%

Total votes: 48

Frost

Re: Solo

Post by Frost »

I have to try Beldia then. I saw it somewhere now i must remember where...

Also... Any recomendations for any hash in town i absolutely must try before leaving? Something really special?

Spanishbeldia

Post by Spanishbeldia »

Frost wrote: Wed 17th Jun 2020 12:21 am I have to try Beldia then. I saw it somewhere now i must remember where...

Also... Any recomendations for any hash in town i absolutely must try before leaving? Something really special?
my favorite is royal de massawa and super marssa de marsa even though the latter sometimes varies a lot in quality, to see if the forum people can give more recommendations
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Lockdown Era and Present purchases:

Glueberry OG Hash - this is the fudgy, but not overly oily, easy to break up, but not too sticky and very aromatic and potent. One of the better new-school hashes I've tried in a long time. Flavor is standout compared to comparable blocks hashes. Nice and potent. Not currently in stock. But good shit. Think it was 15/16 EUR a g.

SoMango Hash - this is a solid bog standard new-school/block hash. Still an ok value at 8.50 EUR per gram, and decently potent. Not as much of a hash reviewer so won't say much more.

Banana OG Filter Hash something - of the three hashes I review here, this is probably my least favorite, it's better than the SoMango, but was nearly double the price. Wasn't twice as good that's for damn sure. A decent block/NS hash, but don't get the hype personally.

Agent Orange - repeat purchase. Nice grapefruit, blood orange, mild cedar and gingery notes. Full on organgey flavor. Soaring buzz, not overly potent though, but makes itself known. 13.50 EUR/g or 60 EUR for 5g. Great value.

Banana Split - very odd nose. Many different phenos within the batch. Beautiful bud and calyx structure with some purple hues mixed in. Complex if funkily unattractive nose - a bit a cream, way far overripened fruit, sweat, and a hint of spice and citrus on the backend. Wasn't able to to pick apart the flavor in a vape. Burns clean, and flavorful in a joint, with decent potency and buz. Soemthing interesting, and could be an "occasional repeat purchase" but not quite my cup of tea flavor-wise (at least in the vape). Still worth a try IMHO.

This place is def in my top five, or three even for shops in town at the moment. Would say Mr. K, Solo and Dampkring original are my top 3 if I had to answer.
Frost

Post by Frost »

Spanishbeldia wrote: Wed 17th Jun 2020 09:07 am
Frost wrote: Wed 17th Jun 2020 12:21 am I have to try Beldia then. I saw it somewhere now i must remember where...

my favorite is royal de massawa and super marssa de marsa even though the latter sometimes varies a lot in quality, to see if the forum people can give more recommendations
Ok written them down and going to those coffeshops i havent visited yet. Thanks!

Also, bad news (for me) as the grey hash is coming in 10 days and im leaving in 4...
Spanishbeldia

Post by Spanishbeldia »

the gray has maybe because of the light of the photo equally sure it is of very good quality ..
marok21 makes very good analyzes and his opinion is very interesting because he has very good taste choosing quality hashish
Frost

Post by Frost »

Ok i will look at his posts. Thanks!!
Spanishbeldia

Post by Spanishbeldia »

Frost wrote: Wed 17th Jun 2020 11:59 am
Spanishbeldia wrote: Wed 17th Jun 2020 09:07 am

Ok written them down and going to those coffeshops i havent visited yet. Thanks!

Also, bad news (for me) as the grey hash is coming in 10 days and im leaving in 4...
How was the hash of massawa and royal? What can you tell us about its current quality
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Spanishbeldia wrote: Sun 21st Jun 2020 04:02 pm How was the hash of massawa and royal? What can you tell us about its current quality
I wasn´t here since longer time but Massawa and El Marssa are def. on my list for my next trips. I also spotted some new hash on the menu from el Marssa. It´s named Hia (15€/g) so I think it will be more a classic import hash or at least made of "classic" genetics and for 15€/g I expect something really good but we will see. Hopefully it´s still on the menu when I am there :D
HitTheNorth wrote: Thu 11th Jun 2020 03:10 pm Anyone seen or tried the Purple Kush Dry Sieve they posted on Instagram? It looks silver! Never seen a hash like that before. Sorry don't know how to post from ig on here
I tried a bit and it was really lovely! :mrgreen: unfortunately it doesn´t look silver :D It´s a very fine dry sieved hash bubbled like lava when touched by the flame. Very natural looking/smelling hash with a strong indica effect. It was the best hash of my last trip with the Strawberry Super Silver Haze Block and Kosher Tangie Block from Boerejonges. All bubbled like lava when touched by the flame tasted/smelled very natural and had a pretty strong effect :mrgreen:

I will try to make a real review later because I can´t try enough yet to make a full review. I am currently trying to preserve my teeth for the future :lol: so I walk many times to the dentist and smoking is not really good then :? I hope when it is done that I will have no problems for the next 20 years :lol: fingers crossed :D

By the way I saw on their IG some very nice looking Hia double filtered hash. It comes in form of eggs and looks really nice. Also interesting to see some double filtered hash made of traditional genetics :D
Cicciozeta

Post by Cicciozeta »

First stop of my trip i went here for the Purple kush and the Hya filtered but both was soldout. Had the Peyote Cookie(16€ g) , beautiful and strong bud but not so much tasty and Gelato 41 (13€G i think) which was a good example of the strain.
kushy

Post by kushy »

I was lucky to catch the last of a batch of G13 Haze hash (11e) from here today, very nice!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

kushy wrote: Sat 22nd Aug 2020 04:19 pm I was lucky to catch the last of a batch of G13 Haze hash (11e) from here today, very nice!
Sounds nice :mrgreen: I went here this weekend and also find some pretty nice hashes for around 10€/g.

The renovations seems to be nearly done so it´s possible to sit and have a joint again. It´s brigher now which is good but in there are less seats available than before but maybe thats only temp. because of Covid-19... furthermore they have a "payment machine" now where you have to put your coins and banknotes in and it gives the change back.

AK47 hash (10 or 11€/g) - Nice looking creamy hash. Colour is pretty bright brown while it gets much darker because of its high oil content after a while :mrgreen: Very good consistency especially for the price. Bubbles nice when touched by the flame while it didn´t bubbled as strong as with most "double filtered" hashes or hashes that was made with static tech. The smell is natural and pleasent to my nose of the used genetics. Not sweet more skunky/earthy to me. I didn´t smoked much of it yet but it´s effect was pretty strong to me especially for the price. Also the taste is very natural to me and I like it :mrgreen:

Overall for a hash in that price range very nice. I really like the creamy consistency while it isn´t a dark coloured hash :D very natural with a good strong effect.

Blueberry Kush hash (10 or 11€/g) - Nearly the same price as the AK 47 hash. Also from look and consistency pretty similar to the AK hash while it has more of a nice sweet fruity smell but also here very natural to my nose :D Furthermore the effect is nice more on the indica side while the AK47 hash was a bit stronger to me in terms of effect. Well the BB hash is still strong enough to me :mrgreen: but gives me more of a smooth relaxed high.

Overall both are very nice pieces of hash especially for the price :mrgreen: The Ak47 hash was a bit stronger in effect to me while the BB hash has this nice sweet taste with a more relaxing effect to me :D
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Also had the ak47 hash nice blonde hash on the soft side but not to soft had it in my pocket and it went darker and developed a nice shine on the outside :mrgreen the hash menu has been better here before but probably just a bad day had some weed but can't remember so it must not have stood out to much still like the place, new money machine for paying is strange
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

New layout wasn't open when I visited two-three weeks ago, but cash machine was operational. Got Holy Grail Kush hash, a light brown, crumply and high quality new school hash with strong Kush flavor and good potency. Asked for 20 E worth, old lady weighed out 14,89 and asked if that's ok, whatefs just gimme and show me banana Kush hash please... :lol:

Banana Kush hash came out of fridge and was aost black on the surface, but once broken open had a rich, dark brown texture that quickly oxidized into a deep dark brown. Very tasty, sweet and smooth smoke with a nice relaxing body high and good cerebral effects. Asked for 2 g, old lady weighs out 3, comments that it is a very pretty looking piece and asks if it is OK (naturally I surrendered to her strange but wonderful ways and accepted that 3 g was what I really needed of that hash :lol:).

Along with Dampkring Solo has the top spot for hash in the city these days, no contest 🔥🔥🔥
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Flemish

Post by Flemish »

At one point Bagheera had what Solo has for hash now, when Federico was there. Federico went to Solo, and their hash menu went to Solo.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Hia Primero hash (15€/g) - Last week I saw some pics of that one on their IG account as their hash entry for the "clouds in the city cup" so I had to try it myself before probably the travel restrictions are getting tougher again...
As the name suggests it´s more of a traditional moroccan hash :D . Color is pretty blonde while it´s darker on the outside. The hash is pretty hard while it´s gets soft very quickly with a little bit of handwarmth. The smell was pretty traditional kind of earthy/spicy but also a little bit sweet :mrgreen: really smooth to smoke with a intense taste and really "lekker" :D The hash bubbles nicely when touched by the flame. Effect was also strong enough for me while it´s more smooth and relaxing.

Overall very nice more classic moroccan hash. Very tasty and with a smooth and relaxing effect. It´s not easy to find such tasty oldschool stuff while there are many coffeeshops now that have also a new tradtitional "highpriced" hash on their menus called like "Beldia, Diamond, Tidghine...". Personaly I only tried the Beldia (15€/g) from Coffeeshop Plug so far which was also pretty nice but I prefer the Hia Primero from Solo for it´s more stony relaxing effect which I was looking for 8)

AK 47 hash (10,50€/g) - Still very nice especially for the price :mrgreen: