Yo-Yo

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Yo-Yo

I like Yo-Yo
88%
I don't like Yo-Yo
12%

Total votes: 50

Laygord

Re: Yo-Yo

Post by Laygord »

Very friendly and bright place, loved my stay here. Welcoming atmosphere and a relaxed vibe.
Budtender recommended me the AK-47 and Frisian Dew after asking for nice and clean outdoor, and that it was. 1.4g for a tenner; baggies looked like it could have been even more.
Both smoked smoothly, effects of the AK-47 were stronger than that of the Frisian Dew, but I liked the taste of the Dew a tad bit more. The Dew buds were very pretty as well, lovely weed.
Probably the most satisfying purchase of the whole trip, Yo-Yo will be on my list to visit again for sure. The lovely couple which I assume are the owners have themselves a little treasure with their shop.
Great coffee too, I think it ties with Abraxas from what I tasted on this trip :mrgreen:

RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

told ya
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Laygord

Post by Laygord »

prime recommendation for sure 8)
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

I took the two strongest weeds, luckily only € 20 in all because they had been sprayed! No good :roll: :evil:
Hitthepanda

Post by Hitthepanda »

actually went here randomly yesterday, got their strawberry kush and hindu kush which they said were the strongest... reminded me of some questionable stuff i got from my dude 3 blocks down the street back in the day :D i wouldn't say it was sprayed but it was definitely not worth ever paying for when you could pay the same for way nicer weed. i read some stuff about this place having nice land race/outdoor weed but I don't agree from what i've seen
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for YoYo dated May 5, 2019. Thanks to Leonardo.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Yo-Yo/Menus/Yo-Yo.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

"Dry Shift Hash" 😂
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Sanchez_ wrote: Mon 6th May 2019 12:30 pm "Dry Shift Hash" 😂
Wonder if it's the 'H' or the 'F' that speaks the truth? :D
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

:clap: :lol:
KeyMonCha wrote: Mon 6th May 2019 01:52 pm
Wonder if it's the 'H' or the 'F' that speaks the truth? :D
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

A very elegant/cozy looking shop. Looks very unlike your typical Amsterdam coffeeshop, if a bit plain, but somehow that's what's so appealing about it. Staff are mostly friendly, though sometimes the older lady will try to enforce double-consumption policy (cannabis and beverage) which is not much to my liking. The product can be alright, but the vibe is the biggest draw here, relaxing, great place to work quietly on your laptop or read a big while smoking/vaping and sipping on a lovely mint tea.
CruMember

Post by CruMember »

Hahaha... :lol:
...yeah, probably 'cause we'll all suffer from a never-ending "cotton mouth period" best after smokin' this stuff... :crazy:
Xplore

Post by Xplore »

Nice description DLNUGS. I really like the atmosphere there. I'm used to Dutch outdoor, and this shop is actually the only place where you know you can have a choice between a couple of local outdoor strains (where in Amsterdam are the real goddamn hippie wooks to spread the love of natural, environmentally friendly, local products? ;))

I have never been really blown away by any of those outdoor strains and never have been disappointed. But they give the opportunity to have a choice and compare, have a relaxed and friendly vibe, are in a lovely neighborhood, so I like to go there whenever I am in Amsterdam. Hash is mostly not really worth it, but they did have a killer indoors-Hindu Kush. Easily combined with Katsu if you're in an oldschool-shop-kind of mood.
petty

Post by petty »

Re. the double consumption of smoke and refreshments, in defence of the business, the turnover is low, compared to more central shops and you only need to spend 5 euros for a little deal. They only have two constant staff, the lady and the gentleman. The latter though reserved is always courteous and the lady is very active socially in an informal way. If you spend time there, you will discover how.
Can I just add that from my experience, the most reliable way to access the shop from Vondel Park area is by way of Ruysdaelkade near the Rijsmuseum until you reach Ist v.d.Heijdenstraat and take that to Sarphatipark continuing through in a straight direction and picking up the 2nd v.d. Heijdenstraat, continue to Yoyo. After your time there you could crossover the Amstel continuing to Oosterpark so you have a lovely coffeeshop sandwiched between two lovely parks and hopefully.... a lovely time!
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

I'll make this very simple... Sampled the outdoor Haze and the maroc hash;

1) Haze - Very pleasant, smooth smoke, with surprisingly dense nugs and a fair flavour.
2) Maroc - Very pleasant, smooth smoke with decent effect, if a little lacking in taste.
3) Staff - Older lady was super friendly and took the time to show me the product.
4) Atmosphere - Already been said, but what a nice change to be in such a relaxing, open and light CS... Situated in a quieter street, Yo-Yo is a perfect spot if you want to get out of the slightly more hectic De Pijp.

Still have to sample the Gorilla hash, but all in all; very, very pleasent shop... All round!
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

Came for the quiet and Frisian Dew outdoor, Frisian looked and smelled good but the Critical and Lavender looked quite poor, indoor stuff wasn't particularly great and smelled damp and non descript (cheese)

1.4g Frisian Dew for €10, one of the better examples I've had from here. Plenty of structure and density (have had it very airy and open before) rolled a pure and it smoked beautifully as well as giving me a nice toasting for a few hours. Also worked well as hash filler

The shop delivered as always, I felt I was just where I needed to be on a day with intermittent weather threatening to spoil things outside. Spent a couple of hours here and it honestly feels like stepping out of a spa or therapy afterwards!