Your 3 Favourite Coffeeshops

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Vote for your 3 favourites

Abraxas
1%
Abraxas Too (Chocolata)
0%
Amnesia
3%
Anyday
1%
Het Ballonnetje
2%
Barney's Coffeeshop
3%
Barney's Lounge
1%
Basjoe
0%
Betty Boop
1%
Bij
1%
Bluebird
2%
Boerejongens
3%
Central
0%
Dampkring
4%
Dampkring 2 (Pink Floyd)
2%
Dolphins
1%
Graal
3%
Green Place
4%
Greenhouse Centrum
1%
Greenhouse Effect
1%
Greenhouse Lounge (Blue Velvet)
1%
Greenhouse Namaste
1%
Greenhouse Tolstraat
0%
Grey Area
8%
Hill Street at the Market
1%
Hill Street Blues
1%
Homegrown Fantasy
1%
1e Hulp
6%
Hunters 24
0%
Hunters 37 (Coin)
0%
Kadinsky
1%
Kadinsky (Cum Laude)
0%
Kadinsky (Front Page)
0%
Katsu
3%
420/de Kuil
4%
Club Media
3%
Mellow Yellow
1%
The Noon
0%
Paradox
5%
Picasso
0%
Prix D'Ami
1%
Resin
0%
Rookies
1%
Rusland
1%
Siberie
2%
La Tertulia
1%
Tweede Kamer
2%
Utopia
8%
Voyagers
15%
Yo-Yo
1%

Total votes: 1262

SuperSkunk

Re: Your 3 Favourite Coffeeshops

Post by SuperSkunk »

1. Yo-Yo's

Been there a lot of times. Because i'm an absolutely Outdoor-Lover, it's the best place for me. Nice Quality-Outdoor-Weed, some from the Netherlands, some from Spain & some from other countrys, that's my place to be.
Love the staff, always very friendly, the atmosphere and the chilled out area with Sarphatipark nearby - some good food for munchies nearby :mrgreen: and even their hashes (check out the Somango-Hash :D) fuckin delicious. Goin there by bike is best. Just park it Outside and feel @ Home :)

2. Het Ballonetje

Always loved their White-Balloon (a special WhiteWidow-Variety, their "houseweed") not too strong but had always a good batch with nice taste & smell when i stopped by.
Did'nt tested their higher priced smoking-gear till today, but will do that when i'm there in a few weeks...

3. Grey Area

Because i've been to AMS & surrounding citys a lot of times over the past 20 years i know the owner very well, so its always nice to stop by, to get some Grey Haze (my favourite Haze, besides owngrown Strawberry Haze & Pineapple Haze) - sometimes when i got there late, i sat down, had a drink with the owner & we smoked a vape or two, in the last years the place unfortunately became a bit tooo fame for my taste, so i will just step by, take & leave when i'm there in a few weeks.

Cheers!

There are no facts, only interpretations. - F. Nietzsche
HolySmokey

Post by HolySmokey »

The Stud (not listed)
Eastwood
Superfly
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Eastwood/Stud
Balloon
Solo
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

The banks of a waterway
A friend
The United States Postal Service
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Tue 11th Sep 2018 11:04 am The banks of a waterway
A friend
The United States Postal Service
Very interesting!

Kruidentuin Nijmegen
De vrolijke gaper Gorinchem
Het ballonnetje A'dam
krupinska

Post by krupinska »

Voyagers
1e hulp
El guapo

good weed good hash good bongs
honeybadger

Post by honeybadger »

I liked the abraxas but heard very good things about the voyager. Why is the voyager here position 1 for the majority?
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

@honeybadger

Hyperbole?

Nostalgia?

Lack of taste?

At least one of the above...
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

1 - Birdy (Haarlem)
2 - Jolly Joker (Amsterdam)
3 - Max Easy (Haarlem)
(4) - Barney's shop and restaurant combo (Amsterdam)

All equally great for mostly the same reasons. Just as the shops have changed over time, i myself as well. atmosphere and relaxed mood are getting "higher" on the priority list.

I find the quality of smoke around NL in general is about the same. Yes some shops are better on a product level, but at the end of the day, I will get high.

years ago would have been Basjoe, Voyager, Barneys. maybe Homegrown Fantasy, dampkring, betty boop, Amnesia, Katsu, combination.

oh buh...starting to feel older lol
Amsterdam dreaming.............
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

TwoCanucks wrote: Fri 12th Oct 2018 02:17 pm ...atmosphere and relaxed mood are getting "higher" on the priority list...oh buh...starting to feel older lol
Nothing wrong with that, bud... happens to the best of us. :lol: I’m with you on most of your old choices especially Homegrown Fantasy.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
honeybadger

Post by honeybadger »

Does anybody know if there is anywhere an actual list of the cheapest weed in amsterdam`? I remember some years ago taht we bought weed (purple outdoor but really good) for just 2 euro per gramm! Is that realistic today too?
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Tbh... i can't buy socks for that price so i doubt very much you could buy anything of smokable quality for that...

Could well be wrong but I wouldn't hold my hopes on it.
blazed&based

Post by blazed&based »

2€/g? Reminds me of the 2.5€/g "Ketama" CS Chapiteau sold back in 2016.
Never tried that, I just know about it because of FBNs page http://coffeeshopmenus.org/Chapiteau/Me ... bannon.jpg . Probably some soapbar containing about 1-5% THC, but does the moroccan hash making method even "allow" for hash to be that bad? I mean ofc it can be adulterated, cut etc. but can it be so bad that selling it for 2.5€/g is still profitable? (On a side note: Imagine a CS sold you some hash that was e.g. cut with the dangerous chemical "xyz" and it e.g. permanently damaged my liver, could the owner be held accountable?)
BTT:
So what are my 3 favorite CS? I'm not going to rank them, since there is no true #1 CS in Amsterdam.
Ofc the Stud is going to be in my top 3, they sell great gear at great prices. Nowadays they claim to be selling 63% THC hash http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Stud/Men ... aTrump.jpg for 13€/g. I highly doubt that using the traditional moroccan method reaching 63% THC is even possible or am I completely wrong here ( according to https://cannabisnow.com/new-moroccan-hashish/ ~15% is the average THC content) ? And nobody (at least no CS) will sell you their 63% Ice/Ice-O-Lator/etc. for 13€/g. I might give it a try in January.
Also making the top 3 is CS Siberie. I usually do not buy their weed, since they have such a fine selection of hash. Especially their sativas hashes are really potent and at 10€/g offer some serious bang for your buck.
So, the 3rd shop on the list could either be GA or Boerejongens. In this case I decided not to get on the Boerejongens hype train (I'm no GA fanboy, but I love their Silver Bubble) because the only good weed I ever scored there was Pineapple Haze. They have good to superb hashes, but not every block they sell is as exclusive as they claim it to be.
Freshprince86

Post by Freshprince86 »

Grey Area
Katsu
Voyagers
- as wars come and go, my soldier stays eternal -
Hackman420

Post by Hackman420 »

Blue Bird (for their hashes... love their Nepalese hashes, sometimes they have really great ones!), Grey Area, and probably Boerejongens nowadays... used to be Voyagers, Homegrown Fantasy or Amnesia. Back in the day :roll: