Relax (Amsterdam)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Good or not?

Good
47%
Not Good
7%
Not been
27%
I am a sausage
20%

Total votes: 15

treetop

Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by treetop »

ACD Page: Relax

Relax can be found just off the far end of Haarlemstraat (far end from Centraal station) to the left as you walk away from Central station.
It looks like an old brown cafe nicely converted to a coffeeshop. It has 3 comfy tables of different sizes as well as lots of seats around the bar. They have a vape too. Nice picturesque spot IMHO.
Last edited by treetop on Sat 30th Mar 2013 02:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

How much did you produce?
Timbo287

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by Timbo287 »

What was the smoke like? I've just seen the menu, not the widest selection but seems reasonably priced
treetop

Post by treetop »

Timbo287 wrote:What was the smoke like? I've just seen the menu, not the widest selection but seems reasonably priced
So I went there on a weekday lunchtime and had the cheese. The service was a little standoffish but tolerant as long as Dutch standards of coffeeshop behavior are maintained.
The cheese was not flushed/cured as well as I would have liked but the taste and effect (stoned) was there nicely. Although I have not tried this out it seems like the kind of place you can just buy a drink and smoke your own.

This is a place I plan to use as a 'bolt hole' when a bit of peace and quiet is needed.
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

treetop wrote:Relax can be found just off the far end of Haarlemstraat (far end from Centraal station) to the left as you walk away from Central station.
It looks like an old brown cafe nicely converted to a coffeeshop. It has 3 comfy tables of different sizes as well as lots of seats around the bar. They have a vape too. Nice picturesque spot IMHO.
Are you talking about the CS on Binnen Oranjestraat, off of HaarlemmerDIJK?
And howzabout a link to the Directory page? We're used to things a certain way around here, dontchaknow. :wink: :wink:
treetop

Post by treetop »

Nimrod wrote:
treetop wrote:Relax can be found just off the far end of Haarlemstraat (far end from Centraal station) to the left as you walk away from Central station.
..... howzabout a link to the Directory page? We're used to things a certain way around here, dontchaknow. :wink: :wink:
Good point. Forgot about that...

will fix it momentarily. also have an up to date pic of the exterior. Who wants it for the directory page?
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Last time I went was back in 2009/10. Very quiet local shop. There used to be such gems as White Whidow and Jack Herer on top of their menu... nothing special at all. Was the same with their hash. Went about twice and wouldn't return.
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Tried to go but looked like it was under construction last week. Anyone know if it's open? Best CS website I've seen so far!

http://www.coffeeshop-relax.nl/en-GB/2/home.html
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

small , only 4-5 weeds , all mediocre
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Nice little local shop, small but usually open seating, at least on the times I've visited this week. Friendly budtendress, small menu but nice samples of each strain, basically what the latest menu pic has with Special Kush added more recently.

First visit I tried the Special Kush, nice evening buzz, very relaxing. I had my wake and bake smoke here as well, Santa Maria and a Cappuccino, both really nice in the morning, great coffee and nice morning Sativa buzz from the SM.

Also tried the Space Brownie, very nice hash body buzz, and the Cheese, which was a smooth afternoon smoke. Not too strong, but strong enough to buzz out for an hour in the sun.

Every time I've stopped by there are locals coming in just to buy the coffee, and the waitress seemed fine with me smoking my own stuff since it was usually almost empty, so might be a good place to stop for coffee and a smoke away from centrum, even if you don't buy any gear.
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Went by here again yesterday, 2.2 grams of Special Kush, gram of Bio Haze and a space brownie. Not the strongest version of those strains, but nice smokes. The bio was a bit harsh on my throat, but it was getting to the end of the day. Quiet shop at the time, just a few Dutch guys sitting around talking about the world cup. Nice place to chill.
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Locals coffeeshop - friendly BT, recommended the Honing hash and I added some of the Santa Maria. Both acceptable, and a nice enough place just a short stroll from the mayhem of Centrum.
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Locals coffeeshop - friendly BT, recommended the Honing hash and I added some of the Santa Maria. Both acceptable, and a nice enough place just a short stroll from the mayhem of Centrum.
Smith2

Post by Smith2 »

I like the way their website describes the effect of various types of cannabis. Of course, that's educational, not advertising, but they can't help it if by coincidence their shop happens to sell some of those strains, can they? And their descriptions do have a way with words, probably courtesy of Google Translate. Can I interest you in some Amnesia? During smoking of Amnesia, the effects quickly noticeable. You'll find yourself back in a kind of trance combined with a very high light become. Smokers Amnesia will not be many things more active business. Or perhaps you'd prefer White Widow: Very strong stoned effect where the body feels well equipped while the head a cheerful high polite.
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Here now. Buddah Bubble, €10. Good smoke, decent coffee. Steady stream of locals, ordering in Dutch so I don't know what's so popular. All pre-bagged.

Edit: not all pre-bagged. Saw them weigh out a gram of something.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Relax dated November 11, 2017. Thanks to charissa.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Relax/Menus/Relax.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite