Black Star

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Black Star cs ?

I like the place
65%
I don't like the place
6%
I scored good stuff there
29%
I scored bad stuff there
No votes

Total votes: 17

spliphy2

Re: Black Star

Post by spliphy2 »

spidergawd wrote:Dark star is a great little place thats been there as far back as I recall, it was an African seamans hangout I vaguely :? remember, and my shipmate who I had a few spliffs with last night and was there at the time also vaguely :? remembers it as a place we used to score good grass among other bars like de kuil in the lane was good for hash, all import in those days. To be honest at the time, late 60s early 70s it was nothing remarkable as most of europes sea ports where much the same in the docks areas, all around the world really, I've scored as easy in New Jersey or Heuston as any where.:): but times changed docks moved out of the cities so all those fantastic smoker bars in Bremen and Antwerp all those places withered and died. I remember we used to go to one in Bremerhaven called the Flop House absolutely out of this world for the times, think the Hippie Rokerij (RIP). But Amsterdam has a magic spark about it, it also has/had one of the most famous and easily accessible, (for brits among others) Red Light District so the tourists were already there and the times were right and the building blocks were there, along came the backpackers and the hippies and a lot of water has flowed down the Amstel since. And I think thats where I've just wandered to. :)
Always had a nice bit of weed from here back in the day but in latter years it's menu has gone crazy for such a small shop. I always get a bit of the Durban or Jamaican just for the old time taste, but a good filler for the price. :D

It aint what it was, but what is? I daresay one day it will go, but who knows, Amsterdam still grooves along. Just aint gonna be the Disneyland it once was for a few years back there :D
good write up and perspective.

Scored some kind of import (forgot which one) and got slightly buzzed after much toking. Good conversation with the locals here, good chaps. Will visit again.

Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Dropped in here last Friday night - got some of the Ghanaian Sativa and some Super Polm, both OK - and then again on Thursday when I scored some of the Durban Poison. Both the weeds are compressed imported weed (pretty similar to what I get in the UK as "Thai"), with the Ghanaian superior in my opinion.

Nice friendly coffee shop with a downstairs sitting area and a large screen telly (showing the football).
monster420

The African BlackStar Coffeeshop Video

Post by monster420 »

Coffeeshop Blackstar Video:

http://youtu.be/ePxJey5mo1A

:mrgreen:
Papi

Post by Papi »

Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

Very extensive menu!
RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

Have only been in here once, back in 2008, will give it a go next time I am in town.
RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/
Abbs

Post by Abbs »

Very nice coffeeshop

Lots of place to chill and smoke - BT was very helpful - I haven't tried Thai weed I ages so I got some (it was red string) but the BT reccomended the Jamaican sensi so I got that too.

After having 1 spliff of the Jamaican I bought another 2 more bags (it really was that good )

We went here towards the end of the night and it was perfect. I didn't expect to get high of the weed especially after tasting all the hazes,khushs and hashes but boy was I wrong.

The Jamaican was a great body high - felt like a perfect body massage to the end of the day

Will be visiting again
Check out My Website www.CannabisWeedMarijuana.com
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Thats nice to hear Abbs, I've always liked Black Star. One of the lesser talked about coffeeshops, and one of the very early places in Amsterdam that sold weed back when I was young. :wink: :D
On my list for October.
What a long strange trip it is.
Abbs

Post by Abbs »

Will be returning to Dam end of this month....anyone been to this coffee shop lately? Really looking forward to try some sensi and Thai again
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I never was there but it seems they have the biggest variety of imported weed. In the past I only tried imported weed from Coffeeshop Anyday (RIP :cry: ) because the quality was in my eyes pretty good. From time to time I had for example Thai and Jamaican from other shops but that was mostly real crap :lol:

I love to smoke a good outdoor on a hot summer day :D I will check their quality on my next trip to Amsterdam if I remember it :roll:

By the way I found some pretty old video of the coffeeshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePxJey5mo1A
RobertD

Post by RobertD »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 27th Aug 2017 09:00 am By the way I found some pretty old video of the coffeeshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePxJey5mo1A
Based on the haircuts, looks like it's from the 90s or early 2000s. Cool vid :D
Abbs

Post by Abbs »

Nice video - still haven't managed to make it here this trip - going to try my best today - can't wait to try some proper weed - will try and update here once visited
Abbs

Post by Abbs »

Managed to get here - great place to chill and smoke - I tried the Thai weed and the Jamaican sensi - I found the Thai to be better - both were a great smoke
The Stoned Shaman

Post by The Stoned Shaman »

Went here a few days ago (never been before). Not much space and with people wanting to come in and leave at the same time it was hard to study the menu without having to keep moving out the way. As it was too busy to stay, I purchased a couple of outdoor strains to start off with. All were pre bagged. Got 2.4g Jamaican Sensi for 10E. It smelled nicer than it tasted.. It didn’t taste of much and I wasn’t blown away by it. Also got 2.4g Super Thai for 10E and that was much nicer than the Jamaican. Should’ve got more of the Thai. Personally I don’t think I would go out of my way to go here again as there are many other Coffeeshops that are more appealing, but if you are on a coffee shop crawl and over this way then maybe other strains might be better and perhaps won’t be as busy.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Blackstar dated October 24, 2018. Thanks to Absolem710.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Blacksta ... kstar.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite