Grey Area

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Grey Area

I like Grey Area
88%
I don't like Grey Area
12%

Total votes: 558

Ghost

Re: Grey Area

Post by Ghost »

Tokeing tom wrote: Sun 2nd Feb 2020 04:18 pm Not your picture quality it's the menu itself I was on about :D
Yeah that menu has got to be as old as the shop itself, you would think with all the money they have made over the years that they could afford to get a nice new shinny menu for us all to look at :D

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

How much would ya say they made?? :evil: millions
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Tokeing tom wrote: Mon 3rd Feb 2020 11:01 pm How much would ya say they made?? :evil: millions
Wouldn't like to say really, but I expect that they do alright :wink: :)
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Closed until further notice I'm hearing on social media
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

yup - they have a post on their FB page. closing due to the virus.

Hope we all survive!
AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

Menu Update (1 June 2020)

http://audiokushhq.com/medicationmenus/
Frost

Post by Frost »

Went here for the Golden Souls Hash Cup Winner 2018 (3rd place) and disnt dissapoint. Strong quality high with a pure unadulterated taste. Never tried hash with the organic label on it and im a fan now. Will come back to try the other hashes on the menu.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I walked by the shop and decide to stop to have a look on their hashes.

Holy Grail Kush hash (15€/g) - Very dark oily sticky stuff. Because of "Corona" it´s not possible to smell the offered wares in the coffeeshops... so not easy to judge that hash before buying only by look because the main factor for me is the smell especially with that ultra sticky hashses. Luckily it smelled pretty natural of the used genetics and it didn´t feel like it had to much moisture in it. Kind of creamy smooth smoke that gave me a strong relaxing stoned effect.

I like it :D while with 15€/g a bit overpriced in my opinion. It remembered me a bit of the 24k hash (10,50€/g) they had a year ago at Siberie in terms of effect and texture. Overall if you like dark sticky moroccan new school hash that one is nice. By the way a friend of mine tried that hash a few months ago and it looked completely different... it was much brighter and not sticky... while it was advertised as a dark sticky oily hash :lol:
HonestGlasgowStoner

Post by HonestGlasgowStoner »

Looked at a good few strains and the 6 or so i seen just looked dull and not very much thc on the buds for the €16 - 18 a g they where charging, i settled on pie hoe at 18 a g, harsh smoke with ok stone off it, found a few seeds in the buds aswell. Also tried the silver bubble and that looked like very poor haze that smelt like it had been burnt or something, both didnt burn well atall and i end up giving both away after 1 joint each, would give both a 1/10 and dont expect the other strains to be up to much from what i seen
i'll_be_high

Post by i'll_be_high »

Stopped by yesterday and today, menu was messed up with black edding as usual.

Got 5g of Sherblato (9,5/10) for 90 Euros, which was expensive but as usual with Grey Area products their bud excels in quality from all the other batches i tried from this strain.

Got 5g of Silver Bubble (9/10) the other day for about 60 Euros, great product as well with nice trichromes and for a resonable price.

Great coffeeshop for a buy and fly and Grey Area has yet to dissapoint me in quality.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I was looking for some quality darker oily newschool hash to have more variety :D Well GA isn´t usually on my list for great hash but in the past I got good quality hashes of that type from here so I checked them up again. They had two pretty blonde dry made newschool hashes on the menu: Blueberry (18€/g) and Bubba Kush (18€/g) which looked pretty good while I was looking for some darker stickier stuff which was their Mimosa hash (15€/g).

Mimosa Hash (15€/g) - Dark sticky oily hash while it isn't too sticky. It doesn't have too much moisture in the final product either. Bubbles strong when touched by the flame and has a natural smell of the used genetics. It tasted good while I couldn´t really taste the Mimosa in there but pleasent.
It gave me a good indica effect and I prefered to smoke it more at nighttime than at daytime.

Overall good nighttime hash for me and it was what I was looking for :D
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

This week:

Too still visit this place every now and then ; a tiny bit more due to much less queues of what seems their mainly touristic clientele because of dreadful Covid-19.
Again during the past twelve months they mostly had something interesting on whether green or resin so despite compared to many others they can't perform miracles either a good consistency as said by myself before.
Sadly always more than a bit pricey here and depending on who's tending there they tend to put up a sales show.

However, got shown a couple of choices for hashish and opted for the blonde crumbly Bubba Kush 90 micron for overpriced 20€ which darkens fast when handled. Budtender during his show mentioned it's from Morocco.
As far as I know that strain is a cut so the usual name game if not produced locally or in Spain. Quite unrealistic – no matter which indeed new approaches in the Rif - but who knows in the end? Apart from what genetics actually involved or area of production it's a smooth smoke with kushy notes while providing more of an uplifting experience if strong though.

Had numerous of those so called filtered ones in the last years and this one also had this generic taste reminding me of fresh frozen bubble hashish which isn't necessarily a bad point but obvious(one could say the same about many authenic hashes from Morocco or elsewhere at a certain level of quality); all in all not unique among this grade but nonetheless easily more than solid and a good overall package.
ScottishC

Post by ScottishC »

Grey Area has always been my favourite coffeeshop, so it’s a shame it took me so long on this trip to get here.

It’s now buy and fly only…of course it always was in any practical sense, but now it’s enforced. They’ve created a little cubicle in the front with clear plastic sheeting, so only one group can stand in the shop at any one time. The menu is on the table in front of you. To be honest I prefer it like this. A little more comfortable than the usual scrum of people passing the menu around. I was very glad I stopped at an ATM because of a gut feeling, because unlike pretty much everywhere else in town these days, it's cash only.

I asked the guy if he could recommend a sativa. He brought over a few things, but the standout was a strain called Wakanda. The smell and bag appeal was unbelievably good. So I had to pick up a gram. Even at 25 quid for a G. I certainly wasn’t disappointed. It was a dense, sticky bud with strong tropical fruit terps. Genuinely delicious bit of weed - even if it isn’t really a sativa, more a 50/50 hybrid.

He also recommended Headband...which is also a 50/50 hybrid. This one didn’t smell quite so spectacular, but I still grabbed it because I’ve enjoyed the strain a lot in the past smoking in the US. Weirdly he said it was sour diesel rather than headband, I guess SD (one of the parents) has more name recognition. Sadly it was just OK. Nothing shit, but nothing banging either. Thankfully it wasn’t crazy cali prices, although still not cheap.

Quite interesting they only recommended hybrids rather than anything more sativa dominant. Now that I think back, it's weird he didn't recommend the grey haze. Maybe it sucks...or maybe he was loathe to recommend one of the cheapest options on the menu?

Then I asked him for an indica recommendation. He brought out a few things to sniff and in all honesty none of them smelled really incredible. Still, I wanted to stock up so I grabbed a gram of dolato and a gram of sherblato..

The dolato wasn’t that special, but still quite nice. The real standout was the sherblato. I rolled the whole gram into a joint, and in all honesty it was the most delicious joint I’d smoked for a long, long time. The taste was vastly better than the smell. Superb terps on that one. It tasted just as good as the 25 euro Wakanda - if not better. Yet it was a good bit cheaper. Of course it didn’t have the same bag appeal or potency, but the flavour…my god. Absolutely wonderful.Would have bought an ounce of this for my stash at home if only it was possible.

I also got a gram of grey crystals. These are “unpressed trichomes” - aka, a bag of kief. I’ve always been fond of these, ever since my first trip to Amsterdam. Back then, they seemed incredibly exciting. We’d only seen buds and hash before. Grey crystals seemed like this mysterious, new and different thing.

Now cannabis has moved on a lot. I’ve smoked all kind of weird and wonderful stuff, far more delicious, potent and interesting than a bag of kief. I still quite enjoy grey crystals though. Maybe it’s the nostalgia factor, or maybe it’s the fact it’s rare to find hash with such a clear sativa high. At 25 quid a gram it’s not exactly cheap though. You could get a gram of the same strength pressed hash for 13 euros a gram or so. Also I don't think anywhere else does hash like this? I'd be interested to see how it comes out of a rosin press.

Overall, I still love Grey Area and I rate it as one of the best shops here, if not the best. Yes, not everything I bought was a banger, but that’s never going to happen anywhere. Also, it ain’t cheap…but this is a town where you have to pay through the nose for anything approaching quality these days. Sad but that’s how it is. I certainly don't like spending 25e on a gram of weed, it's indulgent to the point of being ridiculous - quite literally burning money - but at least here it's actually really good shit.
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Enjoying your reviews man!!
ScottishC

Post by ScottishC »

Junglist Movement wrote: Tue 3rd Aug 2021 04:46 pm Enjoying your reviews man!!
Thanks a lot mate. I left Amsterdam a few days ago so that'll be the last one for a while unfortunately, but I hope to get out to Barca during the winter and review a few clubs there. Might also make a thread in the UK section to review a few bits from known growers/extractors in the UK.