The Plug XXX (formerly Rusland)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Rusland

I like Rusland
84%
I don't like Rusland
16%

Total votes: 63

BigRigRob

Post by BigRigRob »

What I like about it is your just 'round the corner from Basjoes. :lol:

"Stoners... the only thing that bakes at room temperature..."
echc1

Post by echc1 »

same...i'd rather hit basjoe's where the hot choclate is as excellent as the smoke
Boner

Post by Boner »

Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Was there only once during queensday last year & to be honest i found them to be arrogant & rude to say the least.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

been there once also was alright the waitress was flirting wi one o the lads , but im sure the budtender was rude !
Balou

Post by Balou »

Went to Rusland briefly had a quick drink and a hit of the Cup entry out of their big bong. They have some descent hash at good prices. Tried some of the gear in July, AK-47 and it was pretty good.
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
minimabber

Post by minimabber »

Went there a couple days a go.

Asked the budtender what he recommended and he showed me some "white balloon". Bought a gram of it for 8 euros, and a tasty orange for 3 euros.

Nice cosy shop with good music and ambience, and a friendly white cat made it all the more welcoming. Oh, and the weed was delicious and got me suitably monged.

Also, the budtender looked a lot like Robert Webb with long hair
Cal X

Post by Cal X »

This was the first shop that I went to in 2005. I bought a nice glass pipe and 2 grams of AK47, Don't remember the price. Loved the Pipe Hated the weed. Luckily I stumbled on to Basjo.
adamrx777

Post by adamrx777 »

We went to Rusland a few weeks ago, Bart was a cool guy. I thought the AK-47 was killer and the Flower Hazer put me in a haze. Can' wait to go back. We stayed in the Radison Blu acros the street so it was a natural choice. I bought a few pre-rolled's also and they smoked well also. Bought a small pipe that made it all the way back the the states too. Thanks for the hospitality.
Adam
wietroker

Post by wietroker »

I like this place, I used to drop by every now and again.

Surprised to see comments about the dealer, he's not exactly a party animal but always had a pleasant experience here and a quick chat while buying.

The gear - nothing to rave about. Actually, its cheap for what you get. But I wouldn't ordinarily rave about it. Average quality, neither good nor bad.

I have rarely seen the same barmaid there. They always seem to have a different one each time I go here. That said, they seem to only hire extremely fit chicks to work the bar here! :D

I believe this is also one of the oldest CSs in Amsterdam, not far behind Bulldog and Mello Yello.

As for the atmosphere, always good here. It has the vibe of a CS that is much further out of town. Staff aren't very chatty but I've bumped into a few strangers in the smoking room and had many pleasant conversations here. So I would recommend it to the solo traveller for sure.
THCproxy

Post by THCproxy »

Rusland: Located on Rusland st. in the southern part of the Oudezijds Voorboorwal and Achterburwal red light district, this truly excellent shop is worth a visit and is in a safe and clean part of the red light district near the Kloveneirsburgwal canal. This coffeeshop is best visited during the day, particularly from the standpoint of safety as well as available seating. Luckily during the month of May in Holland the sun does not set until 2100 and even then Coffeeshop Rusland provides a positive and relaxing atmosphere. The budtender was very friendly and courteous. I chose another one of my favorite strains, White Russian for 10 Euro. The buds were full and dense, smelled wonderful and tasted even better. The trichomes were intact and covered a significant portion of the bud. Because I would never be so rude and out of place as to ask where it came from (a serious no-no in Amsterdam), I was able to deduce that the grower had taken the time to flush the plant of excess nutrients in the final days of flowering by the taste and clean white ash from the joint itself. It was very comforting to know that even in a commercial tourist market, they are still taking the time to produce connoisseur grade cannabis at decent prices. For quality atmosphere, customer service and Cannabis, Coffeeshop Rusland gets an A+!
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

I would hardly call this the RLD and certainly not unsafe !
-
Rasa

Post by Rasa »

Hit the bong with Balou as well during the cup it was huge!
-Rasa
kadysdad

Post by kadysdad »

I liked t there have been back a few times its got a chilled atmosphere and has comfortable seat and the bud attender was nice like it has been said not wat u call lively but he was nice enough to us everytime weve been there :D never to busy when ive been there and price are good and so is the bud but yet again im a Basjoes kinda person so I drop in here on my way to Basjoes :)
''pass the grinder luv''
cornish pixie

Post by cornish pixie »

Popped in on our travels to basjoe. Bought a gram of Thai for for 4 euro. The girl behind the bar was sweet and was doing two jobs of serving at the bar and tendering !!!! Was daytime hours. She made the most amazing milkshake pricey at 4 euro but they were the best milkshakes we tasted on our trip. My mate had a strawberry and myself caramel !! Made with ice-cream and really thick. Their collection of teas was huge also.
"If you can, then do "