Hunters

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Hunters Bar

I like Hunters
73%
I don't like Hunters
27%

Total votes: 193

matty223

Re: Hunters

Post by matty223 »

wow,,do you guys see how many people viewed this topic,, well over 100 thousand

gapie

Post by gapie »

the 1st post was at Fri Dec 08, 2006
100193 views till now
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Opus132

Post by Opus132 »

This place is a mixed bag. Located in the heart of the once seedy Warmoesstraat, it is a fairly spacious place, as far as cs's go. The chairs and tables in the main area, to the right, kind of reminded me of dining tables at Applebees or Hooters. On the other hand, they had a cool fishtank on the left, right where I sat, and it's easy to get stoned and gaze at the fishtank for a while. I dealt with two budtenders: a friendly young lady who recommended I sit by the fishtank and brought my order to me, a nice courtesy I don't always encounter in cs's, and a middle-aged guy who, while not rude or difficult, didn't exactly exude warmth. The menu for both weed and hash is pretty large. They sell unpressed ice-o-later kif of various strains for outrageous prices, such as 70 euro a gram. Grey Area's crystals are cheap, by comparison. Prices are definitely among the highest in the city, but this is the heart of touristville so I can't imagine that anyone expects a bargain in this area. I had the Lavender, 100% Sativa and the Nepal Temple Ball. The weed was good and the Temple Ball was excellent - it had me soaring for a while. Not exactly a place I would go out of my way for, though.
Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream. - John Lennon
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

^^Actually "good" temple ball? ...been a while.
I do love some good Nepalese.
Mack.
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

Mack 10 wrote:I do love some good Nepalese.
I find that Dampkring often has some pretty good Nepalese (although a bit on the pricey side) as well as, surprisingly, Resin. The magic nepal there is a lovely floaty high - the kind of one you'd want and expect from Nepalese. Also very much on the pricey side though...
Off is the new on
Roo-Vee-Bo

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

I was again pleasantly surprised by Hunters. Tried the Pineapple Express, NYCD and Temple Ball ( recommended by the BT ) and they were all tasty.

I'd say that the Temple was actually a decent quality Afghan but for 12 euro it was an enjoyable smoke and, c'mon, you wasn't expecting real high grade Nepalese hash for 12 euro was you?
Smokeybee21

Post by Smokeybee21 »

Saw on the Hunter's Facebook page that one of the coffeeshops and the bar are set for closure in November, with only one coffeeshop remaining. They stated it was related to the RLD cleanup project.
Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
PhatPaulie

Post by PhatPaulie »

Smokeybee21 wrote:Saw on the Hunter's Facebook page that one of the coffeeshops and the bar are set for closure in November, with only one coffeeshop remaining. They stated it was related to the RLD cleanup project.
They are closed now I believe. I've never bought anything from here in all my time in Amsterdam but we went in last Friday night to try the Pineapple Express. Only shake in the tub so my mate bought 2 grams of Super Silver Haze. Think this was my first time smoking SSH and I have to say it was lovely. Very orangey and the buds were exquisite. Place seemed ok but we didn't stay.
"The suspense is killing me." Chopper Mike...
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Good :D
Smokeybee21

Post by Smokeybee21 »

PhatPaulie wrote:
Smokeybee21 wrote:Saw on the Hunter's Facebook page that one of the coffeeshops and the bar are set for closure in November, with only one coffeeshop remaining. They stated it was related to the RLD cleanup project.
They are closed now I believe. I've never bought anything from here in all my time in Amsterdam but we went in last Friday night to try the Pineapple Express. Only shake in the tub so my mate bought 2 grams of Super Silver Haze. Think this was my first time smoking SSH and I have to say it was lovely. Very orangey and the buds were exquisite. Place seemed ok but we didn't stay.

Hunter's was my first ever coffeeshop, and the Pineapple Express my first ever Amsterdam weed, blew my head off. Which shop is still open? Is it the one with the fishtanks?
Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
PhatPaulie

Post by PhatPaulie »

"Hunter's was my first ever coffeeshop, and the Pineapple Express my first ever Amsterdam weed, blew my head off. Which shop is still open? Is it the one with the fishtanks?"

It's the one on the corner, a few doors down from The Old Quarter hotel.
"The suspense is killing me." Chopper Mike...
BigEars

Post by BigEars »

I used to quite like the coffeeshop that was previously called the coin. Was a decent little place 10 years or so ago. Did go a bit shit in the end though. Well done hunters. Shame to see it go even though I'm not a fan of the owners.
amsterdamtourist1993

Post by amsterdamtourist1993 »

come back from amsterdam in november cannabis cup stopped at hunters warmoestraat as long as several other but i seem to find myself coming back here for weed i got og kush lovely buds quality smoke also some hunters lemon haze (seem to me to be the only lemony weed i foundt ) one solid bud a+++++ smoke and on my last day i found myself sat in here waiting for the crap journey home when the budtender showed me some new in cheese i brought a gram and also best cheese i had in the dam atmosphere was ok cool fish tanks my only problem being was i smoke tobbaco and they have a no tobacco policy but when i was blazing blunts it was in here
French Smoker

Post by French Smoker »

Hi guys!
I'll go to Amsterdam in 2 months, and I absolutely want to buy some Pineapple Express.
For those who have already tested, what do you think about this weed ?
Panog

Post by Panog »

The one I grew was awesome, the one I bought from hunter's (twice) was utter shit, bland tasting and weak