The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

Quazer

Re: Utopia

Post by Quazer »

It could take a long time before I make it over to Cali - if ever. So I'm glad I finally got the chance to smoke some Cali weed. I enjoyed the White Fire OG very much. Only problem was that I smoked it during and after a session with the meester pijper and the gang. So I can't judge the effects clearly. Taste was awesome though. Gotta sample it again... :mrgreen:

Was awesome to smoke Cutters Choice in the bong. I was tripping back home after our session. Special thanks to Occasional Bowl!

alpen rock

Post by alpen rock »

Woops...slippery debate here :mrgreen: !!
Getting that stash from California to Amsterdam is quite the logistic challenge, I should think. Not to mention costly.
It could take a long time before I make it over to Cali - if ever. So I'm glad I finally got the chance to smoke some Cali weed.
+1
This is IMO, THE #1 factor "justifying" the cost.Smuggling is fuckin risky.The fact that is greenhouse grown doesn't shock me either.I've smoked loads of amazing swiss greenhouse/outdoor grown herb that would put to shame (tastewise) many AMS indoor stuff back in the golden days of Henfshops.Nothing beats the "big HPS" IMO :lol:, and I would be curious at what the Cali sun and a skilled grower could do...

Never seen or read anybody complaining about the price of Morrocan hash in AMS.When you think about it, that must be the most profitable items sold in the Dam: anyone with decent contacts can purchase a good to mid-quality kilo of hashish for around 5000 Dirhams in the Rif (roughly 500 EUR=0.5 EUR per grm).This quality smuggled by the ton can be sold between 10 and 14 EUR per grm in every AMS city center CS, after a fancy renaming process...KingfuckinKetama or whatnot... :roll:

Everyone is free to buy ...or not.
Looking forward to read more reports on that greenhouse OG!!!
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

If its straight from Swerve its bound to be fire
-
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

the citronella was awesome on my last visit... very very strong in effect and taste (citrus :roll: )...
all other strains the budtender showed me were very nice and well grown...
so Utopia and Voyagers rock!!!

I am in Amsterdam this weekend (not the best time :lol: because it´s the weekend before the cup...)
so what do you think where I can get the best stuff at this time?
Utopia and Voyagers have no entry for the cup so I think that are the places to go... any other ideas?
Panog

Post by Panog »

Give a try to club media
DgenerationX

Post by DgenerationX »

Hi,
Now, evryone knows the price of this White Fire OG :roll: BUT I would like to know if anyone have try this weed and what about??
I 'd like to know, too, more about this Cali Cutters Choice, i'm a (black)hash lover and it attracts me. Anyone have tried it?

thanks

@Nel, do think that this strains(weed & hash) will always be at Utopia for Xmas???
Colino

Post by Colino »

DgenerationX wrote:Hi,
Now, evryone knows the price of this White Fire OG :roll: BUT I would like to know if anyone have try this weed and what about??
I 'd like to know, too, more about this Cali Cutters Choice, i'm a (black)hash lover and it attracts me. Anyone have tried it?
you just have to read previous posts
stints

Post by stints »

i simple dont get why some folks think 16 euro a gram for cali weed in amsterdam is overprized the common prize in the centrum for top quality gear is around 15 euro and has ben for a while now where most of that weed is grown in or around the netherlands and the hastle to get it to a coffeeshop is way less than to bring it from cali to the dam! dont get me wrong i personally think that 16 euro for a gram of weed is taking the piss but so is the 15 euro weed...aslong as amsterdam stays the only place that enables stoners to buy and walk around freely and smoke those prizes will keep rising...once more countries follow such a lead as the netherlands and even allows folks to grow there own thats when one day prizes will fall and become reasonable again you dont just pay for top quality weed in amsterdam you pay for the convinience and the coffeeshops rent staff eletrciity bill taxes etc...so if utopia is making say 3 euros a gram of a 16 euro gram weed as profit that isnt all that much taking all risks and things mentioned above into consideration.. i always had good service at utopia and i would like to try this gear if it is overprized or not.....we all ben to places where a drink was double than it would be somewhere else ...no one forces you to buy it!
Colino

Post by Colino »

stints wrote:i simple dont get why some folks think 16 euro a gram for cali weed in amsterdam is overprized the common prize in the centrum for top quality gear is around 15 euro and has ben for a while now where most of that weed is grown in or around the netherlands and the hastle to get it to a coffeeshop is way less than to bring it from cali to the dam! dont get me wrong i personally think that 16 euro for a gram of weed is taking the piss but so is the 15 euro weed...aslong as amsterdam stays the only place that enables stoners to buy and walk around freely and smoke those prizes will keep rising...once more countries follow such a lead as the netherlands and even allows folks to grow there own thats when one day prizes will fall and become reasonable again you dont just pay for top quality weed in amsterdam you pay for the convinience and the coffeeshops rent staff eletrciity bill taxes etc...so if utopia is making say 3 euros a gram of a 16 euro gram weed as profit that isnt all that much taking all risks and things mentioned above into consideration.. i always had good service at utopia and i would like to try this gear if it is overprized or not.....we all ben to places where a drink was double than it would be somewhere else ...no one forces you to buy it!
Seriously, I couldn't agree more
Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Be there yesterday in the evening and need to make a test. Take a 20€ bag of the White fire OG ... absolutly fucking
delicious... really tasty.. buy of the day !, go back for an another one today.... love this stuff witch is very strong with a very clean OG taste... No more grapefruit krush in utopia stock... great shop very friendly budtenders...
see ya...
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

_
Last edited by Quazer on Fri 7th Jun 2013 04:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Occasional Bowl

Post by Occasional Bowl »

Small menu - High quality weed & hash. Purchases from here for this trip were;

OG 18.
Utopia Haze.
Saharan Gold hash.
Nepalese hash (I think 'Nepalese dream').
Cali cutters choice (as I recollect E40 a gram but Nelz will do half grams if you ask him nicely).

All great purchases.

The music played is a bit more diverse than the usual 3 default coffee shop choices of hip-hop,trance or pop cheese. Are there any other coffee shops that would play "Lady Scarface" by Lydia Lunch?
Hang on to your head
spireax

Post by spireax »

Occasional Bowl wrote:The music played is a bit more diverse than the usual 3 default coffee shop choices of hip-hop,trance or pop cheese. Are there any other coffee shops that would play "Lady Scarface" by Lydia Lunch?
Utopia plays the best selection of music in Amsterdam, no contest. Nel and Ingi's playlist can't be faulted - not many coffeshops playing Helen Love :wink: and to that quality weed and the best cup of tea and it's the triple crown for Utopia :D
Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill
hasj

Post by hasj »

The music in Utopia is great, but... when the boss is on it gets dire. The worst of which he played Justin Bieber! Hopefully they have had a word with him about that :lol:
# on #! on #
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

This week:
Nepal(10€/g) and Sahara something(11€/g)were only ok at most(Note: as in general black
hashish seldom impresses me you have to take this with a grain of salt(as you should anyway :lol: ). The Sahara on the other side Sahara was a joke(bit old and weak), especially for the price).
Weedwise I had White Fire OG(16€/g)OG#18 and something else. White Fire OG, what
ever it is(personally don'tbuy that import story)
I'm seriously impressed tastewise - intense and overwhelming(Note: luckywise only
smoking organic grown buds at home since years from a very reliable connection
so I'm indeed able to compare). Standout of this trip and at least year 2012 in the Netherlands
when it comes to grass. Only real letdown(definitely not smoking anything(only)for the taste) is I didn't feel their claimed "immense stone"(to be fair though: my tolerance was way too high as usual on trips but I doubt it nevertheless).
Anyway would go for such grown outdoor buds over any(even much stronger/tastier)indoor stuff any day(indoor grass is only a compromise). Of course again overpriced but this is a different story, too :lol:.
Good service.