The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

Marok21

Re: Utopia

Post by Marok21 »

yeah the citral is really awesome. So sticky and stinky liked it so much... and Bio Organic
of course! The current batch is better then before (hard to belive but it is so 8) )

Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Bought a few things here over the past few days.

First of all the Stinky Pinky. Really dense nugs, really nice unique smell, the lavander definitely comes through. Taste was quite strange, very floaral, but the stone was nice and deep, a purchase we were glad to have made !

Next we had the Citral on Nel's recommendation, and must say it was really good, sativa dom hybrid, probably the best all round bud we had from here, certainly sativa wise.

Came back and had a look at the sunshine and the utopia haze, the sunshine looked like a nice bud structure, but the smell wasn't quite there for me so we tried the utopia haze. Nice smoke but not a touch on the citral in my opinion.

Sorry for lack of pictures again !
Haggdogg

Post by Haggdogg »

Popped in here for a buy as fly last week. Got a gram of stinky pinky which was a nice smoke. My mate got some caramela hash(I think It was called) and was given a bag of the remains of the tub in almost powder form. I wouldn't have accepted it, but he took it anyway, and it was a pretty poor smoke. Budtender was very friendly and place was reasonably priced.
the.jetsharks

Post by the.jetsharks »

Popped by last week and picked up a few thing off the menu:

Citral: great everyday smoke, amazing citrus taste and smell, its not overly powerful either - a strain i could happily smoke all day long and still get shit done: 8.5/10
Utopia's Haze: kind of you're run-of-the-mill sweet haze, nice taste and effect, good strength to it as well: 8/10
Silver LA: this wasn't my purchase but a friends, though i did smoke a little bit in a bong. The smell seemed underwhelming at first but then you cracked open a bud and it hit you, tasted nice and was pretty strong also: 8/10

An excellent place to sit in and watch the world go by.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Padge247 wrote:
Next we had the Citral on Nel's recommendation, and must say it was really good, sativa dom hybrid, probably the best all round bud we had from here, certainly sativa wise.

Came back and had a look at the sunshine and the utopia haze, the sunshine looked like a nice bud structure, but the smell wasn't quite there for me so we tried the utopia haze. Nice smoke but not a touch on the citral in my opinion.
The citral is really great; slightly odd one as I always found it from other places in the past to be more indica leaning (and wasn't a huge fan of it) but this current batch at Utopia definitely has more on the sativa side than those did and is much better for it. I'd still consider it a real hybrid myself rather than comparing it directly to straighter hazes like the Utopia, which I found to have a very clear high that was a bit different from the citral's effect.

The strain is typically some sort of skunk x afghan isn't it?
orle

Post by orle »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitral

pakistan landrace hashplant, from the hindu kush. 100% indica..unless it's been crossed with a fat nederwiet (like Nirvana's Citral)
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Not_the_monk wrote: I'd still consider it a real hybrid myself rather than comparing it directly to straighter hazes like the Utopia, which I found to have a very clear high that was a bit different from the citral's effect.
Yes, thinking back there was definietly some indica in there (like I say, my memory isn't great considering the amount of bud we got through) and I agree it is a 'real' hybrid. For us personally we preferred the Citral, and that isn't because we hate sativa (we smoked 90% Sativa or at least Sativa leaning hybrids of the time) we just thought it was a more rounded high that was more potent. With the Utopia, the high was nice, the bud was ok, but it didn't stick in the memory, like some of the other Sativa we tried.

It is listed as a hybrid on the menu by the way, I just noted the sativa effects more than I felt the indica, but I make no claims that it is anything other than a hybrid !
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

The LA is nice but the Stinky Pinky really is the dog's. I smoked one joint of it and immediately bought another gram. Has a really unique smell and a smooth wind-down stone. Smoke of the trip for me. Utopia wins again :mrgreen: 8)
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

had a beautiful time here... citral is still awesome... sunshine is lovely, too.
PhatPaulie

Post by PhatPaulie »

Brought my mate in here last Friday night to try the Citral. It was late and they were closing up but they let us skin up and have our drinks before heading out. Mate loved it. Seemed a little different to when l first had it in September but still good nonetheless.
"The suspense is killing me." Chopper Mike...
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

PhatPaulie wrote:Seemed a little different to when l first had it in September but still good nonetheless.
Different how?
Off is the new on
nel z bub

Post by nel z bub »

Hello folks,

Today we got our letter from the government telling us where we stand on the 250 metre rule.

It's kind of a good news/bad news situation.

Here's a link from local news in dutch:

http://www.at5.nl/artikelen/115552/laat ... 2016-dicht

What it is saying is that the closures will happen in three stages.

First- the places that are within sight of a school will have to close in July next year. This will be about ten places.

Second- the places that are within 150 metres of a school will have to close at the end of next year.

Third- (and this includes us)the places that are within 250 metres will have to close at the end of 2015.

But also, and here's the shitkicker- as of the beginning of next year all of these coffeeshops will now have to limit their opening hours during the week ( Mon-Fri)to 6pm till 1am. This will not apply during the weekends or during official school holidays when the normal (7am till 1am) hours will apply.

So while it's not the immediate end for us, we now know when the end will be.

From a personal point of view I have to say that the limited opening hours are a real kick in the teeth for us, essentially halving our potential income for the majority of our remaining time.

How we are going to reconcile this new rule with the fact that we also have to run our hotel reception from the same place has yet to be worked out, but then we only got the letter today, so we've got like six weeks to completely change our business to fit in with these new, frankly arbitrary, rules.

It's certainly going to mean that there are not enough hours available to keep us all working and so I've decided to be the first to walk away when my contract is up at the end of the year.

After eight years working in various coffeeshops I have grown very unhappy with the fact that I am prevented from planning any kind of long term future by the whims of a political class that persists in thinking of my chosen career as at best, an embarrassment and at worst, a branch of organised crime.

At a time when the rest of the world is beginning to realise the futility of the war on drugs and look for alternative approaches to the situation, the Dutch government is pushing ahead with this short sighted "solution" to a problem that does not exist.

After all the effort on the part of the whole crew at Utopia to make a success of what was previously a pretty mediocre coffeeshop it is deeply disappointing to be essentially shot in the kneecaps and told to carry on like that until your impending, inevitable execution.

I find it ironic that all these businesses that are granted their licenses on the condition that no under 18's are allowed on the premises will now have to organise their affairs around the official school calendar.

So as you can imagine, I'm pretty pissed off with this whole turn of events but on the bright side at least Utopia will be able to continue for a while under these new rules and I hope that you folks will continue to come by and enjoy our famous hospitality while you can.
-nice things for nice people-
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Dam, where am I to go on a morning arrival, that's a kick in the teeth man, bang out of order, Good luck in whatever path you follow next, best make the most of my next morning arrival. There wasn't many of them shops going I would miss tbh but this is one of the few I will :(
Embraman

Post by Embraman »

^+1
Gutted for ye Nel after all the graft you all put in ,selfishly too i will miss my morning smokes here , not back in town till march , hopefully get a smoke with you if you're around. Good luck and best wishes for whatever you choose to do next buddy x
Peace Embraman and Lady
Trips to Amsterdam 50-Trip 51- April 2018
Scandalous Monk

Post by Scandalous Monk »

Gutted :(