The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

Pinkman1991

Re: The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by Pinkman1991 »

Has anyone tried the vegan-friendly brownie? I am interested to try that out. Been searching everywhere online for a place that sells them.

macky

Post by macky »

Pinkman1991 wrote: Sun 24th Mar 2019 05:39 pm Has anyone tried the vegan-friendly brownie? I am interested to try that out. Been searching everywhere online for a place that sells them.
Vegan? No egg? Never real thought cookies or brownie and went hmm wonder if it ,s vegan :D
But I do love my Kush Kosher :lol:
Pinkman1991

Post by Pinkman1991 »

I've been vegan 5 years and successfully baked cakes and brownies without egg or dairy many times. It's not a problem. It says there on the menu it's vegan friendly :))

I never tried edibles tho, and only tried weed 2 times. I wonder how they make me feel. I don't wanna feel stoned/drowsey. I'm looking for a more uplifting/happy/slightly energetic social feeling vibe.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

WLow wrote: Thu 3rd Jan 2019 11:46 pm This Citral cut is a real gem, am sure it will still be around but it's sad to see it of amsterdam menus.

I remember having citral hash from the Kosbor in Maastricht, time goes by i guess.
it was there not that long ago ( the hash ;) )
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
WLow

Post by WLow »

RvanSteensel wrote: Sun 28th Apr 2019 05:12 am
WLow wrote: Thu 3rd Jan 2019 11:46 pm This Citral cut is a real gem, am sure it will still be around but it's sad to see it of amsterdam menus.

I remember having citral hash from the Kosbor in Maastricht, time goes by i guess.
it was there not that long ago ( the hash ;) )
Good to hear that! i don't remember any other place stocking it back then, was some good hash.
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

Posted a review of the 'lounge' but also thought I should post my experience here.
Last visit - We ended up leaving the on site accommodation which was very very poor for the price even in Amsterdam. We did visit the coffee-shop but that was also 'odd' - this is one of the few coffee-shops which I actually found more 'tacky' than the bulldog. The staff were all from England and pretty rough, lacking a few screws, this obviously impacted the clientele and gave of 'playing gangster' vibe - the quality was OK.

I would avoid the whole place made me feel on edge and as I said worse than the bulldog - which at least attracts a international crowd.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

RedGecko58 wrote: Fri 5th Jul 2019 03:15 pmWe did visit the coffee-shop but that was also 'odd' - this is one of the few coffee-shops which I actually found more 'tacky' than the bulldog. The staff were all from England and pretty rough, lacking a few screws, this obviously impacted the clientele and gave of 'playing gangster' vibe - the quality was OK.

I would avoid the whole place made me feel on edge and as I said worse than the bulldog - which at least attracts a international crowd.
Wow... Quite literally the opposite of what I just experienced... Totally chilled vibe on entering, and the place is the same as it was last year... Dimmed lighting, chilled music and surprisingly empty... Staff was a girl and a dude, both of whom where definitely not English, and the girl could not have been nicer... Totally engaging, and very positive when showing me the product...

... Incidentally, the product this evening is; White Nutz/Antz(sic)?, whatever, it's got a stupid fucking name, anyway... 8.5/10... Uplifting would be an understatement... I've been awake for 40+ hours, and this stuff made me incredibly motivated... So much so, that I'm going to have to smoke some hash just so I can go to bed!... Only thing letting it down was flavour... Not that it's bad, because it's actually reasonably nice, but I was just expecting a little more sweetness...
... Recommended!
Rabambuli

Post by Rabambuli »

Had the Spumoni and Zkittlez.

Spumoni: Interesting incense-like smell. Hints of sweetness.
Taste was not really my cup of tea.
Strength was definitely there.

Zkittlez: 10/10. Never had such a fruity/terpy taste before. I now know why there was/is such a hype around this strain. While pricey, I have not found a tastier strain than this.

I don't get the negative reviews about service or clientele? Whenever I've been there the service was normal to good. This time the shop was empty and an italian(?) girl was at the counter. She took her time to show me a good few strains and have a talk. Nice relaxed vibes and the music was okey too. Will definitely be back for their wares
Kev kirk

Post by Kev kirk »

Was it the Dutch zkittlez or the 35 euro zkittlez u tried??
Rabambuli

Post by Rabambuli »

30 Euro Zkittlez. I had the dutch Z³ (Z cube) last year, but it was lacking flavour. So this year i caved into the hype and got the cali zkittlez and it was top notch. I know its expensive but it was within my travel budget this time.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

I also had to see what the hype was about I got the cali skittles and was very good also some Dutch something or other also good.. Pricey spot but the weed is on point
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rabambuli

Post by Rabambuli »

kingbee wrote: Sat 26th Oct 2019 05:53 am
Rabambuli wrote: Sat 14th Sep 2019 01:39 pm 30 Euro Zkittlez. I had the dutch Z³ (Z cube) last year, but it was lacking flavour. So this year i caved into the hype and got the cali zkittlez and it was top notch. I know its expensive but it was within my travel budget this time.
Unfortunately, buying strains at 30-35 euro a gram is just fuelling a vastly-overpriced market and encouraging it more. These top strains sell for 9-10 euro a gram in the States, and paying 30-35 a gram is an obscene and disgusting price, set by Dutch profiteers..
While that is true, I wanted to see what its about. I will not continue to buy grams at this price point but as a vacation treat its always welcome.

Also; if its a real Cali import you have to add the risk to the equation and thats why its so expensive. So, go for it if you feel like that but i hope to see price drops too :mrgreen:
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for The Plug dated October 28, 2019. Thanks to Alex.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Utopia/Menus/Utopia.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite