The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

TrippingOverGod

The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by TrippingOverGod »

ACD Page: The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Across the road from Homegrown Fantasy sits Utopia - not on the map on the site and fairly conspicuous.

Been twice now and always enjoy it. Superb hot chocolate (best in Dam quite possibly) and nice atmosphere (aided by the stunning woman behind the bar), however I've never picked up from here so can't really comment on the quality of smoke. Tends to be empty, maybe because tourists haven't really noticed it yet. Anyone else ever been?

scooberu

Post by scooberu »

hi tripping, i like this placealot, only 25 euros a night and theres a seriously hot spannish looking girl behind the bar, ive tried ther weed, they only usually have 4 types, orange bud, widow, bubblegum ,blueberry,
widow was a little disappointing, blueberry and bubblegum was suprisingly excellent at a very good price.
only 25 euros for 5 grams
present it like the central in a wooden box, just with a smaller selection
Member No.45 Show some Respect
Valo

Post by Valo »

Sounds like I may have to check this place out in september - thanks for the reviews so far.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
superchunkymonkey

Post by superchunkymonkey »

im starting to think scooberu might be working here
scooberu

Post by scooberu »

why?????
superchunkymonkey

Post by superchunkymonkey »

jus becuz of your great praise of it
anyway my post above was kinda a joke
although i think u would like to work there
will check out utopia when i go to adam thnx for ur info scooberu
scooberu

Post by scooberu »

:D :? :?
oh,hahaha ,i get it
(sad fat twat)
Jole28

Post by Jole28 »

well i had no problems at Utopia.Stayed there four nights and had a blast with the locals.You have som locals who visit the shop everyday and they are cool.Also got to know som of the budtenders and they were all cool.Their King Hassan Hasch was also a killer...
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

I have stayed here dozens of times, on and off since before 2000. The Danish owners were fantastic and locals are characters indeed, I understand its for sale now, so I’m not sure who owns it. I am staying again for a few days in November so will update everyone then.

Rooms are basic but clean and very good value, you get a key to the front door of the hotel and the Coffeeshop opens early for breakfast (a Croissant) and a smoke! When my wife joins me we stay at the Jolly Carlton, don’t think she would appreciate the small rooms with shared bathroom!

The weed selection was not that good a few months ago but it used to be fantastic when I first started visiting. Again the menu is good value for money still.
VP.

Post by VP. »

You can't beat 25/night can you? Well I pay 20/night at the place I stay (St. Chris), but they don't sell you smoke there and there isn't a smoking Spanish woman at the bar...

Anyway, might be checking this place out...sounds interesting.
Worsall

Belated Update

Post by Worsall »

Thought I would post my entry into the hotels guest book :shock: :cry:

Only had one mouse in my bin, you luck bugger dave (prevous guest)!

I think that they may have resolved the problem of the mice allegedly becoming immune to the poison in the traps?

Not sure about mouse droppings but I did get bit by something on my last stay – sadly it will be my last after many years of staying here.

I will drop in a talk to the friendly locals whenever I am in town however and who knows if they sell the place and/or the new owner gets their act together, I may stay again in the future!

Pity the standard of hygiene has fallen recently to an unacceptable level, I notice the old cleaner has been replaced (a mistake I THINK).

Other wise the friendliest atmosphere in the city and a spot on location. The weed menu has improved lately and is good value for money if not top draw.

Best Wishes to everyone.

Worsall

Ps. Probably still OK if you intend not to get undressed or shower and take your own sleeping bag!
Grrl_Interrupted

Post by Grrl_Interrupted »

Yes, about the hotel.

You would not house a dog here; it has taken a serious nosedive in terms of both H&S and cleanliness; in a week here, I never once heard a hoover being used, and the linen sits about on the stairs for a day at a time, stinking. It's a health risk, and a trip hazard.

The coffeeshop, and all it's staff, however, couldn't fault them a bit. Lovely people.

And the hotel, a crying shame as the building is just full of potential. I have seen the asking price, though, and nobody is going to pay that for it, in it's current condition.

No way, no ho. Drop your price, and up your cleaning ante, Utopia, and you will see your profits increasing...
AL

Post by AL »

utopia has allways been sound ,make a point of visiting to see whats in that box,got skuff there last time(year past march)& blew my brains out :wink: ,its allways been a cheap hostel 25euros off peak 35 peak plus you get a croissent for brekky :) ,noticed it up for sale so as im off next wednesday and will visit once more and a lovely spanish lady behind counter just seals the deal :wink: :D as said earlier homegrown fantasy right across the road and if you,ve never been in there go its worth it just to go to that toilet :lol: :lol: if you,ve been u know what im talkin about and if you,ve not then go,plus good quality blo which allways an advantage,also abraxas just up the road...........................peace.....................
need a spliff......
AL

Post by AL »

Grrl_Interrupted wrote:Yes, about the hotel.

You would not house a dog here; it has taken a serious nosedive in terms of both H&S and cleanliness; in a week here, I never once heard a hoover being used, and the linen sits about on the stairs for a day at a time, stinking. It's a health risk, and a trip hazard.

The coffeeshop, and all it's staff, however, couldn't fault them a bit. Lovely people.

And the hotel, a crying shame as the building is just full of potential. I have seen the asking price, though, and nobody is going to pay that for it, in it's current condition.

No way, no ho. Drop your price, and up your cleaning ante, Utopia, and you will see your profits increasing...
hi grrl interrupted,just curious to know the asking price for the utopia please? thanks..............peace..................................
need a spliff......
Grrl_Interrupted

Post by Grrl_Interrupted »

AL wrote:
Grrl_Interrupted wrote:Yes, about the hotel.

hi grrl interrupted,just curious to know the asking price for the utopia please? thanks..............peace..................................
Think we paid about 28 Euro in the week, 30 at the weekend.

For 32, you can go to hotelrunners on Warmoestraat, which is 150% cleaner and has no scuzzy carpets on the floors ;)