The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

Rabambuli

Re: The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by Rabambuli »

While its true that most of the bud is coming via spain, I do have to say that I've tried some dutch grown Zkittlez, some Spain grown Zkittlez and an alleged Cali grown Zkittlez. Each with discernible differences in appearance, smell and taste.

The dutch was weak in all 3 of those categories.

The spain grown was better in all categories and was really smooth.

The alleged Cali import was just the best flavour-wise. It was like smoking on some hard candy with a citrus punch that leaves you looking at the joint wondering if thats really weed :mrgreen:

So, yeah I do like to spend extra if the differences are that big. I wouldnt do it everyday but as a treat while on vacation? Everytime.

KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Rabambuli wrote: Wed 6th Nov 2019 09:39 am The alleged Cali import was just the best flavour-wise. It was like smoking on some hard candy with a citrus punch that leaves you looking at the joint wondering if thats really weed :mrgreen:

So, yeah I do like to spend extra if the differences are that big. I wouldnt do it everyday but as a treat while on vacation? Everytime.
Had pretty much the same experience... Whilst i was super impressed by the cali, i just could't justify paying those prices on a regular basis, especially considering there were decent strains available for much less... It's just finding them that makes that difficult. :?
matty223

Post by matty223 »

KeyMonCha wrote: Wed 6th Nov 2019 10:54 am
Rabambuli wrote: Wed 6th Nov 2019 09:39 am The alleged Cali import was just the best flavour-wise. It was like smoking on some hard candy with a citrus punch that leaves you looking at the joint wondering if thats really weed :mrgreen:

Had pretty much the same experience... Whilst i was super impressed by the cali, i just could't justify paying those prices on a regular basis, especially considering there were decent strains available for much less... It's just finding them that makes that difficult. :?
These so called cali strains are bullshit, growers are not going to ship thier weed to Amsterdam , great marketing tool, but no fucking way, you people should realize this.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

matty223 wrote: Wed 6th Nov 2019 11:53 am
KeyMonCha wrote: Wed 6th Nov 2019 10:54 am

These so called cali strains are bullshit, growers are not going to ship thier weed to Amsterdam , great marketing tool, but no fucking way, you people should realize this.
...But, Matty... We're not arguing that it's genuine, only superior...
Rabambuli wrote: Wed 6th Nov 2019 09:39 am The alleged Cali import was just the best flavour-wise.
Yes, it's of questionable origin; yes, it's overpriced, but so is all weed in Amsterdam... Personally, i'm just saying that it is a better product in general, at least from my perspective, referring to Utopia only...

DON'T BUY IT! :D :wink:
WLow

Post by WLow »

When you talk with someone who live in california he tells you that all dispensaries weed is trash :mrgreen:
must be a grass is greener abroad situation :?: :!:

I know for sure that if you go in places like medman in l.a you will buy average weed, but their most sell are cartridge so...who cares right?

having 3 times the same strain says nothing, zkittles dutch cali and spanish but you will learn.
macky

Post by macky »

WLow wrote: Wed 6th Nov 2019 08:28 pm When you talk with someone who live in california he tells you that all dispensaries weed is trash :mrgreen:
must be a grass is greener abroad situation :?: :!:

I know for sure that if you go in places like medman in l.a you will buy average weed, but their most sell are cartridge so...who cares right?

having 3 times the same strain says nothing, zkittles dutch cali and spanish but you will learn.
Assuming you mean well grown weed is well grown weed :D
Thinking what is same around world really well grown weed is so easy to sell ,very rarely does it get to pot shop ,CS ect.
E.g. Was told the reason grey area,s weed sucks these days is ? When new batch of great weed comes in they sell it out the back door to there local buddy,s ....no use wasting this on the tourist :mrgreen:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

macky wrote: Thu 7th Nov 2019 01:30 pmvery rarely does it get to pot shop ,CS ect.
E.g. Was told the reason grey area,s weed sucks these days is ? When new batch of great weed comes in they sell it out the back door to there local buddy,s ....no use wasting this on the tourist :mrgreen:
+1
This! Never known an op that didn’t work this way.
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

Regarding Cali dispensary weed, especially after the new testing/packaging regulations were passed..the weed isn't as sticky and fresh as it was before, when shops were still allowed to store cannabis in large apothecary jars and weigh it out in person as one placed an order.

Seems like the weed dries out rather quickly in the pre-weighed, sealed vials, which seems to have affected the flavor somewhat, and the potency to a certain extent. Only a couple of companies have been able to retain the fresh stickiness that Cali consumers are accustomed to.

But yeah, overall Cali weed was more potent before legalization. And compared to weed in AMS coffeeshops and Cali dispensaries back in 2005, well let's say that top shelf weed 15 years ago that was sold to tourists and Cali medical consumers was more initially and immediately intense/potent-almost dab-like in power, but the highs were rather short lived.

Today's "consumer" weed in both the Netherlands and Cali seems to have a more nuanced, subtle effect as compared to the early 2000s. Like good outdoor weed.

Frankly, I wish that Netherlands growers would make haze strains a priority again, as the bag appeal of a well grown Netherlands haze circa 2005, with super large trichome heads and a shiny snail trail of resin is something I've never seen in Cali weed.

Selfishly, I wish that the OG Kush/GSC/Wedding Cake craze hadn't spread to NL/ Europe because IME these aren't as potent as the haze I used to get in coffeeshops 15 years ago. Bag appeal isn't as good either , with the smaller trich heads of the OG kush/ Cali strain variants.
macky

Post by macky »

@skywalker sad to hear about testing and packages...we have same problem here ..sucks ,radiation and dry,n in machines makes great looking bud too dry no taste like you say . Was thinking trip to Cali but now not so sure .....wish the powers that be would realize not all molds are equal :D
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

@Mackey it's like they say 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. Sales have slowed ever since the regulations were passed, so perhaps the reigns will be loosened slightly to help out everyone involved, including the ones collecting taxes.

On the other hand if you're into dabbing and something truly lip smacking, Cali shatter is where it's at, especially if you're looking for flavor and for the top of your head to be blown off ;)

Plus there's the new In-n-Out Burger and Shake Shack rivalry that has Cali residents debating which is the best, plus the new Popeye's chicken sandwich craze that's driving everyone into a tizzy :)
WLow

Post by WLow »

OneHighMofo wrote: Thu 7th Nov 2019 05:25 pm
macky wrote: Thu 7th Nov 2019 01:30 pmvery rarely does it get to pot shop ,CS ect.
+1
This! Never known an op that didn’t work this way.
lmao, canadian pink kush in amsterdam :mrgreen:
commercial weed must be better we all agree, but it's not that bad, added terpines don't make weed better just flavorfull for the vapeHeads.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I went here pretty early in the morning because I read somewhere that they open at 07:00 but when I arrived the shop was closed :lol: so I went to 1e Hulp instead...

Later I saw on google maps that they open at 07:00 only on the weekends :? and from monday to Friday at 09:00
Rabambuli

Post by Rabambuli »

Got some Tangimal Cookies (17) and Pie Hoe Hash double filtered (20).

Tangimal Cookies great smell. The taste was also very cookie-like with the tangimal also coming through. Nice smoke and packs a punch.
The Pie Hoe hash is a very hard block at first but crumbles nicely when broken up. The smell is hard to describe but it was tasty.

I'm off to get more Tangimal Cookies now :mrgreen:
AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

Menu update (17 Nov 2019)

For more menu updates check out www.audiokushhq.com
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

AudioKush wrote: Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:53 am

For more menu updates check out www.**************.com
Bit cheeky enit