The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

amsterdam lover

Post by amsterdam lover »

sounds about right! this countrys perfect for criminals to occupie mate!
too much political correctness going bonkers and too much freedom for nutters lol...WHHHOOOOO HOOOOO UK!!! sigh :cry:

aciiiiiiiid!!!
Richard and jo

good good good

Post by Richard and jo »

women behind the counter was smokin with us and that was kl, got ome lebby red and hired a bong....sat in the window and was supprised when a very stoned cat jumped up and sat next to us...that was trippy and cool lol. very very cool cat.....lebby was ok although not great. good place to chill out and have a smoke and watch the world go buy...i no its been said but the weed was not great.. which is why i bought a bit of solid.
Ash333

Re: Utopia

Post by Ash333 »

I came in mistaking the place for Voyagers, as it has a hotel voyager above it. Doh!
very expensive, not very good looking buds - apparently they dont have much smell as they're so long cured.... ummmm.....
Budtender/manageress is v helpful though. Bought some hash which was good, jst v expensive for what it is. Still, had a nice 4.20 on it.

on to Grey Area.
No Victim? No Crime.
dubsimon

Post by dubsimon »

Nice place with a cool atmosphere, was really close to our hostel (Bob's) and we stopped inside for a nice J after dinner. I wanted to try something, I can't remember what, but it was over and the very friendly budtender suggested I tried Super Crystal Haze. @14€/g, this was the most expensive smoke of all my trip, and probably the most expensive ever in A'dam (I'm not that rich I can't spend 14€+ for 1g of weed constantly while in A'dam...). This was well worth the buck!! Incredible buds, white in crystals, properly flushed and dried, taste was citrusy sweet...Strong uplifting high, this was my choice for the unbelievable Jah Shaka/King Shiloh session together with Green Crack from the Dampkring 2.
Roots & Culture
nel z bub

Utopia

Post by nel z bub »

Hey folks,
just a quick line to let you know that in the coming week Utopia coffeeshop will be replacing its pre-weighed bag system with a decent set of scales and some lovely tubs of weed. Prices on the menu will be also be changing with most things seeing a price reduction and we hope you will find that the quality of product to be among the best in town.
The shop will also be getting a face lift with top Amsterdam graffitti artist Recal One helping with getting the place looking just right.
I'll be posting here regularly to let you know how the changes are working out but if you can, come on down and say hello. There's a free coffee for anyone mentioning this site when visiting.
cheers all
nice things for nice people..
Last edited by nel z bub on Mon 16th Jan 2012 06:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-nice things for nice people-
joeuk

Post by joeuk »

Good luck with it

A run down of your menu would be nice ?
nel z bub

Post by nel z bub »

Details of the menu will be posted as soon as they are available.
Because of the change from pre-weighed bags to having the scales in the shop, the menu is going to be getting a total makeover and quite a few of the items currently on the menu will probably not be making the cut for the new one, as new standards are being applied.
As far as possible they will be trying to source soil grown, organically fed weed, properly flushed and cured. Certainly for the initial few months they will not be able to boast a large menu, but instead will be searching for the quality.
The idea being, it is far better to have a menu with ten items that they can be proud of, than forty boxes of stuff they wouldn't want to smoke themselves.
They hope that you will see and enjoy the changes that are going to be made this year and look forward to getting some feedback from you all.
cheers
nice things for nice people
Last edited by nel z bub on Mon 16th Jan 2012 06:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-nice things for nice people-
Boner

Post by Boner »

nel z bub wrote:As far as possible we will be trying to source soil grown, organically fed weed, properly flushed and cured.
If you pull this off you'll have my custom during my next trip.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

nel z bub wrote:There's a free coffee for anyone mentioning this site when visiting.
Heel aardig van je.
Boner wrote:
nel z bub wrote:As far as possible we will be trying to source soil grown, organically fed weed, properly flushed and cured.
If you pull this off you'll have my custom during my next trip.
+1 8) I'll be in AMS for three weeks beginning mid-May.
Best of luck with the renovatie!
Semprini

Post by Semprini »

Nice to have some info on a CS direct from source :D

I hope your plans come off and I look forward to seeing how things progress in the coming months.
DC

Post by DC »

Ooooh, promises promises!. :mrgreen: At the very least Utopia's menu is just about to emerge from the dark, into the sunshine. I recommend everybody give it a try, especially me!. On the endangered species list, there's been a stay of execution put on this place and Nel and Ingibingiwingi (Nes bill name) have taken control of the reigns and are gonna give it a good boot up the arse. Give them your support!!..hmmm.. Not feel like protesting?, De Kuil packed?... :idea: :lol: Seriously though, I've known these 2 for years, they have good knowledge with a great stoner mentality and if hey don't come up with 'the goods', I'll be able to chastise the shit out of them when they're sitting here at the bar. :wink: :P
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

Thanks for the update, and good-luck with the overhaul. I will try to make it by when I'm in town in early april.
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Hope to drop in April 8)
KEEP ER LIT
SHIVA 11

Post by SHIVA 11 »

Good luck with this , i am in town next week seven days to go and will pop in for a smoke and to peruse your menu.Any recommendations :D
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

nel z bub wrote:Hey folks,
just a quick line to let you know that in the coming week Utopia coffeeshop will be replacing its pre-weighed bag system with a decent set of scales and some lovely tubs of weed. Prices on the menu will be also be changing with most things seeing a price reduction and we hope you will find that the quality of our product to be among the best in town.
The shop will also be getting a face lift with top Amsterdam graffitti artist Recal One helping us with getting the place looking just right.
I'll be posting here regularly to let you know how the changes are working out but if you can, we'd love to meet you at the shop so come on down and say hello. There's a free coffee for anyone mentioning this site when visiting.
cheers all
nice things for nice people..

Thank you for the free coffee offer and great you have joined here.

Be seeing you sometime Wednesday Nel z Bub :D

What are your opening times please?
Live.. Love... Laugh and dance more. Stay safe ACD