Dizzy Duck, The Hague

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Dizzy Duck

I like Dizzy Duck
92%
I don't like Dizzy Duck
8%

Total votes: 13

Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Marok21

Re: Dizzy Duck, The Hague

Post by Marok21 »

Rafiki wrote: Thu 20th Jun 2019 02:57 pm Which makes you think how the Boerejongens in Amsterdam that everyone declared as 'heroes' operates. A friend from California agrees with us on the place is overrun by tourists, that the quality isn't as persistant as many would want to believe and that the friggin stock runs out too damn fast. I mean it is the same principle as in Tilburg....
True but in the end the question is how many "high quality" connections the coffeeshop have and if the coffeeshop takes all that extra stress to offer only high quality products. Who knows really where they get that good stuff from... maybe from spain or dutch homegrower? It is not easy logistically and well as a coffeeshop owner you stand with one leg in prison so I could imagine that many coffeeshop takes the safer way for them to get that usual quality which is easier to get on the "market". Unfortunately there are not many coffeeshops left that have a real passion for their products :? and even that shops can dissapoint (maybe of the high demand?) but usually pretty rarely. Well I can only speak for hash because I smoke not much weed :mrgreen:

But on the other hand I notice that some coffeeshops try to focus more on quality now... they try to copy the US dispensarys a bit but if the quality gets really better why not... furthermore weed is very trendy atm and many people looking for special weed... and here comes the "Cali Weed" into the game :lol: they hit the hype with it exactly even if it´s no real "Cali Weed"... some people make a lot of money with that at the moment and it will get harder and harder to get good quality for normal prices :?
Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:56 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Rafiki wrote: Thu 20th Jun 2019 05:19 pm If you compare the Boerejongens to the Dizzy Duck you are right. Their quality is 'better'.

Then again there are so many factors that all of us are not considering, such as how the flower is being stored before being sold to the vendor. We found perlite, hairs, string from drying, plastic pieces and so on (not even going to mention pest or fungi). How many of the drug tourists actually can tell the difference between a e.g. well cured or flushed plant. How many use a microscope to take a closer look at e.g. coloring of trichomes. Some growers have multiple strains in the same growroom and harvest all plants at the same time, despite that some strains might need a week or two longer; resulting in an inferior product.

Since the topic of Eindhoven was brought up lately: Compare it with Venlo. The wietpass was being introduced in the NL, several coffeeshops forced to close and the traffic migrated to the Nobody's Place. This shop is a prime example how things turn bad. The flower has fantasy names, the queue is on the street, the prepacked 'weed' has 1.3, 0.7 or other uneven numbers. If you have a cellphone on you, they just strike you. Since you have to register, get a customer number, every strike is listed and you get banned very fast for no good reason.

Try the Dreamland in Haarlem. They just won the Jack Herer Cup for their 'Dream's Gold'. I asked the owner and he told me they MUST keep the strain a secret to protect the business; apparently they smuggled a clone from California. If you ask me it's Purple Cotton Candy. Never seen this strain anywhere in Amsterdam or surrouding.

So yeah, the Boerejongens did indeed some hard work from scratch, buying crippling coffeeshops, finding new locations, hiring a Michelin Chef and so on. Their Easter Egg was really nice, even though not my personal taste. But... it reminds us of what can go wrong in Northern America once you have this fame status. Not every dispensary takes care of the above mentioned parameters for good quality. That tiny store in Haarlem had a bud that kept us floating for 3 days. (!) BJ never achieved that.
sorry I was not clear enough... I did not mean that Boerejongens had hard work... :lol: I mean for example the owner of Toermalijn in Tilburg... since a very long period they sell some pretty clean quality weed especially in these glass jars. Like said before I don´t smoke so much weed but my mate smokes a lot and every thing he tried in these jars burnt with white ash and tasted like it should. Well they are not really cheap but much cheaper than most "Cali Weed"... ok on the web I found very rarely also not so good reviews but it´s still unbeliveable how they keep up their quality with all that demand. Well Toermalijn is known for being well conected in the cannabis scene... they also have connection to the "Homegrow Cup" for example... they know a lot of good growers for sure.

So what I meant is that it must be pretty hard for a coffeeshop like Toermalijn to offer only quality products these days. Many shops do not want to this extra effort anymore and are satisfied with the standard because the people still buy it.

With that US dispensarys style coffeeshops I meant for example Coffeeshop Sativa in Amsterdam (formerly Green Planet) which I visited on my last trip for the second time (review will follow). It is a pretty new coffeeshop and from my first visit (maybe 2 months ago) to now it changed a lot. At the first time it looked to me more like a usual tourist coffeeshop with the usual offered wares... now their menu is much bigger and with some special things on it like Jelly Hash (17€/g), Ice hash medallions (17€/g) and so on. They try to show that they are a quality shop and that they sell quality that the others don´t have. Well I can not say much about their quality and if it´s really like they say but I notice a trend that more people want to smoke "designer weed" that smokes clean and the coffeeshops will also respond to this demand... but as I said before I fear that they sell this stuff for much more money as for example "Cali Weed"...

Boerejongens were the first in Amsterdam with that dispensary style but as you said that does not mean that it is all quality... Amsterdam Genetics has a lot to do with marketing... well they sell usually really good stuff for the price... but their batches change really fast and I am not sure if all of their hashes are 100% natural. In my opinion they have simply to many coffeeshops now (8 or more?) to have constant quality... so just imagine how much weed they sell every day :shock: or how much grower have to work for them to serve that big demand.

My favorite coffeeshop for nice special moroccan hash (like their "Rifman" hash) was Tweede Kammer since many many years... since they are connected with Amsterdam Genetics and separated from the "original" Dampkring it´s not my place to go for the best hash anymore. Well I still like the place itself and their cheap hashes like their King Hassan are usually nice for the price but I miss the good old times :lol:

edit
------------------------------
I thought about it a bit more :lol: and I can only say that the batches at Tweede Kamer and Amsterdam Coffeeshop change so often... for me they are Boerejongens, too :lol: but to be honest the batches at Boerejonges was more constant like their Super Silver Haze Block which was a favorite of mine for a period.
Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:56 pm, edited 13 times in total.
LN94

Post by LN94 »

The way most coffeeshops in the Netherlands store their weed actually makes me want to cry. I don't know if it's a lack of care, laziness, a reluctance to spend or a combination of the three, but it has a devastating effect on the product. Especially weed.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Was in here daily for the last week, great shop, with a solid selection of good weed. Smoked a lot of different strains, Black Domina, SSH, Cheese Hash, Purple Mooncake, GDP etc. all lovely stuff. They have a volcano too which is handy and I found the staff and the locals to be quite friendly/chatty, especially if you're in there more than once.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
LN94

Post by LN94 »

Passed by here yesterday and decided to get a gram of green and a gram of hash.

Shiva Haze (€15) - This strain came pre-packaged in a 1 gram jar, a new concept they're applying for a few of their 'high-end' weed. It was classed as a Hybrid and the budtender recommended it so I went with that. Unfortunately, the taste was rather disappointing and it didn't smoke very nicely. It was quite strong though. Furthermore, I had a bit of doubt about this pre-packaged gram (I hate it when they do that, although at least it's in a mini glass jar here) and it weighed out to 0.92. Might be an honest mistake, might not. But all in all disappointing considering the price. 4/10

Blond #1 (€9) - This is some beautiful Moroccan hash. Sweet taste. Smooth smoke. Clean stuff. Superb price. Relaxing high. 9/10
LN94

Post by LN94 »

LN94 wrote: Wed 25th Sep 2019 03:30 am Passed by here yesterday and decided to get a gram of green and a gram of hash.

Shiva Haze (€15) - This strain came pre-packaged in a 1 gram jar, a new concept they're applying for a few of their 'high-end' weed. It was classed as a Hybrid and the budtender recommended it so I went with that. Unfortunately, the taste was rather disappointing and it didn't smoke very nicely. It was quite strong though. Furthermore, I had a bit of doubt about this pre-packaged gram (I hate it when they do that, although at least it's in a mini glass jar here) and it weighed out to 0.92. Might be an honest mistake, might not. But all in all disappointing considering the price. 4/10

Blond #1 (€9) - This is some beautiful Moroccan hash. Sweet taste. Smooth smoke. Clean stuff. Superb price. Relaxing high. 9/10
Had some of their classic White Amnesia (€10.50) too. Have had some great batches of it in the past but this particular one was pretty terrible. Lacked the usual strength and flavour it usually offers.

Dizzy Duck is way too inconsistent with their green.
LN94

Post by LN94 »

There's a hot batch of White Amnesia that came in today or yesterday, one of the nicest batches yet! They've been relatively poor recently but this is some great product. It's quite fresh now so if you're around go and have a look.

EDIT: Haha, just noticed that the previous comment was me complaining about the White Amnesia a few months back :lol:
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 08:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

last week:

Amnesia Maroc (11,50€/g) - Dark brown sticky hash with a high oil content but not ultra sticky... smelled natural to me kind of spicy hashy... from look it reminded me of the "Amnesia Cream" which Coffeeshop Utopia (RIP :( ) sold some years back. Pretty smooth to smoke and a nice balanced effect that makes me nicely stoned. It was labeled with 68,32% THC and 17,70% CBD. Good one :mrgreen:

Pineapple Hasj (11,50€/g) - Dark sticky oily hash but not ultra sticky, too while more sticky than the Amnesia Maroc. It had a kind of fruity skunky natural smell to me. Bubbles nicely when touched by the flame. That one gave me a pretty strong sativa effect 8) It was labeled with 73,82% THC and 8,84% CBD.

Overall I scored some fine hashes from here :mrgreen: . Well not the holy grail of hash but high quality and I wasn´t dissapointed :mrgreen: will come back 8)
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I hoped to get something like the Amnesia Maroc that I tried on my last visit :D unfortunately there wasn´t any "import" hash that really stood out of the menu... but they had "Skuff" on the menu which I haven´t seen often in the last years and especially good ones are hard to find nowadays.
They also had 2 or 3 ice o lator hashes on their menu which sounds interessting but I decide to try that "Skuff" :D

Mimosa Cookie Skuff (17,50€/g) - Nice pretty blonde yellowish colour and not greenish like some low quality "skuff" that I saw sometimes in the past... smells lovely of the strain kind of lemony, fruity and very natural :mrgreen: Same for the taste :D The high was mainly on the sativa side to me but I was also pretty relaxed at the same time and felt some indica effects, too. I caught myself watching YouTube videos for 2 hours straight after smoking that and I just felt super relaxed and happy :lol: While I have to say that some bowls out of the bong that I tried didn´t made me really high at all... for whatever reason :? :lol: . Maybe it´s because I mix it with a little bit of tobacco and I got the wrong mixing ratio or whatever :lol:

Overall very nice to have some good skuff again :D Personaly I liked it more for the daytime and for the nighttime some nice stony moroccan import hash :mrgreen:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Dizzy Duck dated November 2, 2022. Kudos to Christo.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-denHaa ... yDuck.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite