De Os (Leeuwarden)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate De Os

I like De Os
100%
I don't like De Os
No votes

Total votes: 6

KayaIndica

De Os (Leeuwarden)

Post by KayaIndica »

ACD Page: De Os

It´s been a month since I visited De Os and I can´t remember what we smoked other than a Maroc hash, ice-o-lator and Blueberry, but I can say, hands down that this is the best coffeeshop experience I´ve ever had.

It is located in the middle of the town, but in a secluded area behind the main street. They have a rather large menu of weeds and hash and also plenty of smoking peripherals such as bongs.

What made this shop stand out was the "authentic" coffeeshop feel it gave. Downstairs were a large table for 10+ people to sit at, promoting a social atmosphere. Upstairs had pooltable and plenty of more seats. The music was just loud enpugh for people to have a conversation in normal volume. We ordered a pot of tea (4 euro) and was served at the table, the guy brought us a bloody plate full of cookies for free with the tea and we had a long sitdown in the shop.

Going to Leeuwarden from Amsterdam is a 2 hour train ride. And I must say, it is well worth it for De Os alone :D

Nothing But Spirit
Bocco

Re: De Os (Leeuwarden)

Post by Bocco »

True. Also they have a cabinet full of board games, which you can just take to play with.
I've never met more new people in any other shop :mrgreen:
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

de Os ...taken from CS Miami -which is an early opener in Leeuwarden . This town has a wonderful CS scene . If you offered me a weekend in Amsterdam or Leeuwarden I'd be hard pressed to choose .
edit - add pics in sig ...
Last edited by Epsilon on Fri 9th May 2014 02:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/99013904@N00/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Nice! I was planning a week in Zandvoort later this summer, but might have to change it to Leeuwarden. Beautiful looking city.
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
KayaIndica

Post by KayaIndica »

Lemon Haze wrote:Nice! I was planning a week in Zandvoort later this summer, but might have to change it to Leeuwarden. Beautiful looking city.
It is. It´s like a tiny Amsterdam. We went to a couple of really good shops and as mentioned the CS scene is top notch. One might think that the people in Leeuwarden would be "short" to foreigners (as they tend to be in Dam), but no. Very warm and welcoming little city :)
Nothing But Spirit
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

I loved Leeuwarden last year and I'm returning next month; one of the main reasons is to visit this coffeeshop as I missed out last time, am I right in thinking this shop opens at ten?

Visit Leeuwarden for a few days, you can't go wrong
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
KayaIndica

Post by KayaIndica »

They opened at 10, I think. Enjoy the stay.
Nothing But Spirit
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Seems I posted this last year ...the numbers are CSes ...let's see- de Os is Number Six . The map I think is a placemat from the Anker hotel ...right ,oh its circled right by CS Downtown -No. 1 . This map was made before they opened their new big square .
Zailland ...the Friese Museum was one of the better oness we visited , but it's moved to the new square .Anyway , wish I could be there with you ...
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Just double checking, but there's no weedpass in Leeuwarden right? So tourists are cool in Cs'?
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

Buying weed as a tourist is fine :-)
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Cheers! Going to plan a trip for late august, can't wait!
KayaIndica

Post by KayaIndica »

I think it was at the one marked as number 7 where they just got in some fucking amazing Lemon Haze just as I arrived. That shit was just fantastic. 10 euro / gram. In Dam it would have been 16-18 /g. A biiiig surprice.
Nothing But Spirit
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Nice, right up my alley!
Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »

Lemon Haze

Post by Lemon Haze »