The Clown (Groningen)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Clown

I like The Clown
100%
I don't like The Clown
No votes

Total votes: 2

spliphy2

The Clown (Groningen)

Post by spliphy2 »

ACD Page: The Clown

This coffeeshop is on the main drag commercial street of Groningen. It is the current holder of the "Best Coffeeshop" in town for 2013. The worker who was there when I visited was helpful and friendly and even told me the directions of how to get to another shop as I was in Groningen for a day trip and wanted to see as many shops as possible. My plan was to come back to this shop before I headed to the train station for the return to A'dam since I could figure out easily enough to find the station from this shop after dark.

The only problem with my plan was when coming back a football contest had just started on the telly and everyone there was really into it. I'm not really into football and instead headed back early which was alright as I just spent more time in A'dam shops. I forgot what I got from here but the shop was nice.

The name initially turned me off since where I am from "a clown" is pejorative. After thinking about it I changed my mind reasoning that they are just comedians dressed funny.

Smith2

Re: The Clown (Groningen)

Post by Smith2 »

Thanks for all the Groningen reviews, as we don't get many here, and I was considering going there this summer at some point, should things work out. I've been to Leeuwarden, and as the train splits at Zwolle to go either there or to Groningen, it's always intrigued me. Even more so the attitude of the Dutch from other places, who've often never been there and speak about it in hushed tones as 'the North' as though one needed special clothing and huskies to make the daring venture. Hint: it's really a smallish country, trust me.

(By the way, I think Zwolle is one of those odd places that have chosen to institute the wietpas for no apparent reason, given that it isn't in one of the three southern provinces that have to do it or in any way a magnet for drugs tourism. Has anyone ever been there?)
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

A menu from a couple summers ago ...enjoyed this shop , friendly ,comfy,I believe we all walked out with a complimentary Clown lighter ,and luckily the Clown strain was good ...

If you go to Groningen don't miss the Prinsentuin ...a cool place to enjoy your buzz

spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Smith2 wrote:Thanks for all the Groningen reviews, as we don't get many here, and I was considering going there this summer at some point, should things work out. I've been to Leeuwarden, and as the train splits at Zwolle to go either there or to Groningen, it's always intrigued me. Even more so the attitude of the Dutch from other places, who've often never been there and speak about it in hushed tones as 'the North' as though one needed special clothing and huskies to make the daring venture. Hint: it's really a smallish country, trust me.

(By the way, I think Zwolle is one of those odd places that have chosen to institute the wietpas for no apparent reason, given that it isn't in one of the three southern provinces that have to do it or in any way a magnet for drugs tourism. Has anyone ever been there?)
Groningen looked a really interesting city and in a lovely part of the country too. I was only there for 2 nights on one of my bike trips but visited 3 shops this being one of them also the Glory, closed now sadly, and my favourite for the metalwork exterior Rykjavik.
Definately going back there though for a longer stay sometime soon.
The "Any station in Holland" deal on Eurostar or Stena ferries is good for these far flung excursions as you can start or end your trip there for the price of a single ticket. If that makes sense :idea:.
What a long strange trip it is.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

Another modern place(located near the small red light district) with a smoking room behind glass walls, providing about 40 seats. And of course a christmas tree :mrgreen: . Nonetheless a nice atmosphere and budtender told me to go for their Amnesia Haze(12€/g) as he found the batch to be very nice from personal experience in opposite to the OG Kush I was interested in which just came in new but not so good looking.
Good Amnesia indeed. All wiet here: Power Plant and something else both for 9€/g, Amnesia and OG Kush both for 12€/g. All hasj: cheap Afghan, Pollen, Super Pollen(?, 10€/g)and Skuff(15€). Only 1g bags sold here.
(from: http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/00-ACD/f ... 52#p388752 )