Bulldog

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Bulldog

I liked the Bulldog
41%
I disliked the Bulldog
59%

Total votes: 107

QueenMab

Post by QueenMab » Tue 22nd Jun 2010 12:57 pm

I liked the apple pie in the 'orginal' Bulldog in the RLD. That's pretty much the only reason I ever went there, lol. Before I could roll, I also used to buy visitors those little 4 packs of pre-rolled white widow. Not particularly good weed, but my guests always enjoyed them and the little 'souvenier' box they come in. I thought it was a cute way to welcome people to the city, inside a little card. (I will admit that now that I'm bigger and brighter, I never go there unless I'm meeting someone there or getting pie, but meh. I don't HATE the place like lots of people do.)

Iko

Post by Iko » Tue 22nd Jun 2010 03:56 pm

When we walked past BD a few times last august it seemed like quite the PARTY.
It was like FT. Lauderdale on spring break or something.
We never saw any other bar or coffeeshop with that debauchery going on.
I think its cool there is a place like this for those who want to party hard.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light

ohm sweet ohm

Post by ohm sweet ohm » Tue 22nd Jun 2010 04:12 pm

Think your probably talking about the Bulldog Energy Coffeeshop? It plays banging hardcore most of the time.. Quite different to the original a bit further up the same road..
Ω♥Ω ¸·´¯`·.´¯`·¸¸·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

http://www.cannabisarmy.com

Iko

Post by Iko » Tue 22nd Jun 2010 04:17 pm

Not really sure, it was on the canal backing on to the RLD.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light

damtoker

Post by damtoker » Thu 24th Jun 2010 07:14 pm

ohm sweet ohm wrote:Think your probably talking about the Bulldog Energy Coffeeshop? It plays banging hardcore most of the time.. Quite different to the original a bit further up the same road..
I like the decor of this place from pics I've seen.....might actually give it a go in August! :shock:

ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:13

Post by ed the head » Thu 24th Jun 2010 07:55 pm

balou1999 wrote:
THCproxy wrote:Bulldog Rockshop: after touching down in Amsterdam in the early morning I checked into my hotel and went to the Bulldog Rockshop because it was still early and they were open. Despite the fact that I am no stranger to the finer strains back home, as an American it was still quite an odd experience for me to ask for the menu for the first time, let alone smoke in public and not be treated like a criminal. Luckily for me the budtender, a beautiful lady of Spanish origins, was most helpful in choosing a strain (I had just gotten off the plane and did not want to get too fried just yet). For between 8-9 Euros The Northern Lights was a bargain, and as a person who is familiar with this strain I can assure you that the subdued yet unique scent proved it to truly be northern lights. The trichomes were all intact and covered the bud completely. The budtender was so kind and reassuring, and eventually the nervousness I felt from smoking in a public place (especially with a Politie right outside the shop writing a parking ticket!) had eventually subsided. A great place for an early morning smoke, as it can be quite crowded in the evening time.
After reading this review I know you are full of shit. The Bulldog chain is probably the worst shops in A'dam.

Peace,
Balou
Perhpas not, I now the 'beautifull Italian woman' he speaks of, and once in a while I get a little weed here. I get the vast majority elsewhere, for a lot of the same reasons repeated above, but (if memory serves me) their Lemon Haze was very good. Good Atlantis truffles

Definitely way overboard with the techno beat.

I can't say enough good things about their adjoining hotel, I wouldn't stay anywhere else
He who tries to shine dims his own light

DuhhaN

Post by DuhhaN » Fri 25th Jun 2010 07:39 am

yewah im stayin there probably this summer for next trip love their decor in the hotel and also in the cs altough i dnt suggest buying weed from there cos it usually is quite the commercial stuf.
<---Living is easy with eyes Closed--->

mattstar

Post by mattstar » Sat 26th Jun 2010 10:52 am

stopped in buldog a few times just for a smoke and drink while friends we walking round chilled place smoked own weed nice place

startled-giraffe

Post by startled-giraffe » Tue 24th Aug 2010 12:13 am

anybody been to bulldog lounge?

Was looking at street view on google maps and saw that this is on the other side of the road from the hostel i will be staying in.

Nice place or should we just walk the 20 seconds down the road to anyday for our 'local coffeeshop'

alienallen

Post by alienallen » Tue 24th Aug 2010 02:40 am

Me and a friend were on our way to the bulldog for a pint and a smoke in the afternoon after a long hard paddle around the canals.

As we approached I witnessed what only can be described as a british sausage fest, all drunk, shouting and chanting football songs. I pulled a 180 and headed back to the coffeeshops.

True Playa

Post by True Playa » Tue 24th Aug 2010 01:15 pm

alienallen wrote:Me and a friend were on our way to the bulldog for a pint and a smoke in the afternoon after a long hard paddle around the canals.

As we approached I witnessed what only can be described as a british sausage fest, all drunk, shouting and chanting football songs. I pulled a 180 and headed back to the coffeeshops.
LOL. I guess you'd have stayed at home and gone to a cheeseclub if that's what you wanted.

yogibear

Post by yogibear » Tue 24th Aug 2010 01:30 pm

The original is a nice place to take a smoke and drink but bring your own smoke.
Yogi

I want to smoke hash in the streets.

minus orange

Post by minus orange » Sun 5th Sep 2010 04:57 pm

Ended up at the Bulldog during my August trip, not the one beside the hotel bar but the one further up the road.
Only ended up here as we really wanted to sit outside in the sun. Got a table outside by the canal and went inside to get a drink. Didn't like the vibe from this place at all. There was a bouncer on duty even though it was only about 4pm on a lazy Friday afternoon.
Won't be back.

Chrisuperfly

Post by Chrisuperfly » Sun 31st Oct 2010 08:44 pm

I have never been to the Bulldog Palace but, if we are talking about the Bulldog Rockshop on Singel next to Rokerij and The Doors.

I liked it, tried the Lemon Haze while I was there on an 8 hour layover. Not too bad.

Food

Post by Food » Thu 11th Nov 2010 12:00 am

The bulldog was a good time, definitely one of the biggest/ most commercial feeling coffee shop that I went to in Amsterdam. Prices were average, but the selection was good. I believe there was a bar in it as well which I didn't see anywhere else. Definitely worth a visit to say you've been to the most famous coffee shop in amsterdam.

Return to “Coffeeshop Reviews”