Coffeeshop DNA

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Coffeeshop D N A

I like Coffeeshop D N A
80%
I don't like Coffeeshop D N A
20%

Total votes: 5

kibby

Re: Coffeeshop DNA

Post by kibby »

Went back for more cheese kush (Gucci), best taste transfer out of 15 strains. €11.50 to boot, buzzing.

Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Stopped by yesterday.

They have a new "Amsterdam Genetics Homegrown Line" section of their menu. There were two strains if I recall correctly, Strawberry Gelato (12 EUR) and Mexican Sugar Punch (11 EUR). Sniffed at both, interesting noses on both of them, somewhat mildly gassy, but also spicey notes, somewhat reminiscent of GG#4. Even somewhat "Cali-eque" reminiscent of certain Dosidos and GSC batches I've sampled. The Strawberry Gelato had an extra berry-sweet dimension so opted for a .5 g bag of that at 6 EUR.

Looked at a few of the hazes, the top of the menu "DNA Lemonesia" at 10.50 EUR, was billed as "Super Lemon Haze x Sour Diesel" - seems like a typical "Amsterdam Genetics" type description but nonetheless it had a strong candied lemon-citrusy nose, with back end notes of fuelly, skunky sourness, a subtle extra atypical (for a haze) dimension to the bouquet.

After inspecting the Lemonesia further - away from the bar, I observed how utterly it reeked and how fat and swollen were the calyxes and trich heads, so I went and grabbed another 1 g on top of the 1.5 g I had just purchased.

Both vape quite nicely, the strawberry notes really come out smoothly alongside the musty, spicy gassy-nes. The Lemonesia also offers a sour and gassy after bite, and is a very very potent fucker.

Think 12 EUR per g was the highest price I saw on their menu, and only one or two items priced at that - seemed to be a fair bit for under a tenner. Nice enough wares on first impression, hard to beat prices.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Tue 9th Apr 2019 12:52 pm They have a new "Amsterdam Genetics Homegrown Line" section of their menu
I noticed on my last visit at Tweede Kammer and Coffeeshop Amsterdam they they also have that new "AG Homegrown" section on their menu. If I remember right it were 3 strains from 10-12€/g. First when I saw this I thought that they also started to sell that overpriced "Cali Weed" or "top shelf" stuff or whatever it really is :lol: ... but they sell it for pretty low prices...

Does it mean that it´s grown by farmers that work together with AG? or is it like a top shelf section? I will ask next time. But it´s good to see thats it not a try to sell some more high priced stuff.
The4eyeguy

Post by The4eyeguy »

Hi just reading this and sorry in advance if I'm wrong or mis-guided is it not something to do with this experiment thing the government are doing to eventually partially if not entirely legalise and regulate the production of the materials in the country. I read something about some small areas and a couple of larger areas being tested with a more organised and "legal" approach to growing etc.

I don't know why it just crossed my mind, is it possible AG are working with or alongside this initiative which could explain the cost/quality as if memory serves this was one of the aims of the experiment, obviously to try and take it out of other sticker hands too but while creating better and safer products properly labelled and at more uniformed pricing (i think). Had something to do with one of the universities perhaps although I really just flinging things out there now :lol:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Tue 9th Apr 2019 12:52 pm Stopped by yesterday.
Is the new smoking room any use? I passed by last time I was at De Kade and they were doing up the little small excuse for a smoking room. Was a bit amused given De Kade was also undergoing renovations and they are less than 5 minutes apart so I wondered if it was a case of keeping up with the neighbours :D
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for DNA dated April 8, 2019. Thanks Amsterdam Genetics.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/DNA/Menus/DNA.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Rabambuli

Post by Rabambuli »

Are the Homegrown Strains staying on the menu? Or is it a temporary project done by AG?
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

My suspicious mind is telling me that home grown stuff will be just like La Tertullia's weed, I mean they even carry that same Himalayan Gold strain there too, at exactly the same price point 🤔
Rabambuli

Post by Rabambuli »

Tried their Orange Sherbet HG, Mexican Glue Haze HG and the Milkshake Kush Block HG.

Mexican Glue Haze: Favourite strain of these 3. Nice Piney, glue taste with strong uplifting headeffects. At 10/g a very nice smoke.

Orange Sherbet HG: Slight orange with creamy taste combined. At 11/g also okay. Potency was there, nice relaxing body stoned

Milkshake kush block: Nice creamy kushy taste, only picked up half a gram. Should have bought more
kalima

Post by kalima »

Rabambuli wrote: Tue 10th Sep 2019 10:42 am Tried their Orange Sherbet HG, Mexican Glue Haze HG and the Milkshake Kush Block HG.

Mexican Glue Haze: Favourite strain of these 3. Nice Piney, glue taste with strong uplifting headeffects. At 10/g a very nice smoke.

Orange Sherbet HG: Slight orange with creamy taste combined. At 11/g also okay. Potency was there, nice relaxing body stoned

Milkshake kush block: Nice creamy kushy taste, only picked up half a gram. Should have bought more
Had the Mexican Glue Haze, when we visited a few weeks back, its was the first smoke of the trip but this was the best smoke , super high , compared to everything else we had, lovely bud, good taste, and at 10/g nothing to complain about. lovely up hit, which I prefer with my weed, good taste and bud tender was super friendly. Only down side is having to stand, in smoking area, but coffee was a decent cup, so we had just one smoke and popped to De Kade
acceptbalance

Post by acceptbalance »

stopped in and checked out their gorilla glue... while i waited to remember why i liked gorilla glue, it struck me that their whole approach was extremely sophomoric. this may go over well with some kinds of crowds but, it turns out, repels me. i left after a sniffle of the Glue... what was it about that glue? that summer? Las Vegas?
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

milkshake block still kicks ass
bubblecookie also nice
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Rabambuli

Post by Rabambuli »

RvanSteensel wrote: Wed 4th Dec 2019 02:11 pm milkshake block still kicks ass
bubblecookie also nice
Bubble cookie sounds nice. How much is it? Am in Dam next week for 2 days and plan on checking DNA out again.
AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

Menu update (11 March 2020)

AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

Menu update (14 March 2020)