Barraka

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Barraka

I like Barraka
71%
I don't like Barraka
29%

Total votes: 7

Jesscass

Re: Barraka

Post by Jesscass »

Cup week:

First stop for a wake and bake. Told woman behind the counter what I was after and was pointed to their Crème Marihuana(ridiculous name as well, they don’t do half grams, 20€/g)filed under ‘Special Hash’ as their strongest and tastiest. Its strong minty-earthy smell impressed me only to find out later it’s most probably not from Morocco but India. So no wake & bake but a relatively strong body stoned for a hash then. Smell didn’t transfer to the taste well so definitely not worth the price tag. On the other hand lots of blacks are priced like this elsewhere wish I would have gone for one of the morocs shown too instead!
Woman this time was in a chatty mood and we had a nice little interesting conversation. Unfortunately she doesn’t seem to have too much of a clue(see also hash recommendation) as she also mentioned the cannabis cup starting next week while it already was going on. Also I was charged 2€ for a simple lighter and 2,5€ for a tea – so barney prices for a dark but relatively clean shithole like that :lol: ! All customers were immediately asked if it’s for take-a-way or what they want to drink so a bit pushy as well.
Mixed feelings a bit here but it’s handy they are opened from 9AM so I will check one of their Moroccans in the future maybe(otherwise KeyMonCha owes me a second day if they fail qualitywise :lol: ).

KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Well, you will insist on believing my reviews, so you've only yourself to blame! :lol:

Seriously though, i'm going to go here in just over a week and i'm getting a couple of samples to taste and review... If they're not up to scratch, i will personally be quite disappointed, and will update here... It's a real shame they haven't lived up to the Cream i had here last year, as i thought this place might be another, less popular gem in the Centrum...

...If it's all just average, or worse, i owe you at least two Febo Croquettes, and a warm Chocomel....

...If that doesn't cover it, you can come to Southern Spain with me next year, and i'll get you 10g of some REAL Moroccan hash....

...In fact, i'm doing that anyway! 8)
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

I know where you're coming from, KeyMonCha! That's why I was giving it a go as well(they also had 'Caramello' for like 25€ listed every visit and once I took a look, not too impressed. I have a feeling they're a bit overpriced but can't compete with places like Kadinsky. Time will tell though!). I'm looking forward to your report! By the way this one was solid quality for a black hash I just don't like blacks as they tend to do not much for me. Cheers for the offers :mrgreen: .
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

Again called in here after some time and was shown Ketama Gold(moroccan, 25€/g)which was light brown and nice enough looking. Luckywise I skipped that for this insane price considering it was not looking super appealing. Crazy!
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

A real shame... I genuinely thought this place might be another good hash stop in Centrum, but since the Epic Super Cream it seems they've had very little in there to really be impressed with, especially given the prices... To be fair to them, if i owned a central CoffeeShop in the Dam, i'd just fleece tourists rather than have decent stock, so i can't really blame them... Actually popped in last year but they had no SC, so i left.... Going to give them one more chance, and after that, yeah, i'm sticking to Kadinsky...... It is after all, my favourite CS! 8)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

KeyMonCha wrote:A real shame... I genuinely thought this place might be another good hash stop in Centrum, but since the Epic Super Cream it seems they've had very little in there to really be impressed with, especially given the prices... To be fair to them, if i owned a central CoffeeShop in the Dam, i'd just fleece tourists rather than have decent stock, so i can't really blame them... Actually popped in last year but they had no SC, so i left.... Going to give them one more chance, and after that, yeah, i'm sticking to Kadinsky...... It is after all, my favourite CS! 8)

We can go ahead and save you some time and pesos and officially chock this place up to resident of the shitlist, shit price, shit service, shit product easily a top-5 worst in Mokum. Just go to Bush doctor's or Barneys hell you'd certainly make out better at those establishments.

ETA: this isn't intrinsically malicious or for bashing Barraka I just genuinely feel that it's the epitome of center of Amsterdam, tourist trap with no real redeeming qualities.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote:
KeyMonCha wrote:
ETA: this isn't intrinsically malicious or for bashing Barraka I just genuinely feel that it's the epitome of center of Amsterdam, tourist trap with no real redeeming qualities.

That's the issue.... I'd have had no problem including Barraka in the City Centre Tourist Trap bracket IF i hadn't had the Super Cream a couple years back... It's left a tinge of doubt in my head that i might be missing out on some really good hash... It's not that i'd be distraught if i never visited the place again, but there would always be something at the back of my head telling me to at least take a peek... No harm in looking, eh? :mrgreen:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Walked in, my pal asked for a recomendation, dealer said he doesn’t really smoke but got 3 things out said these are the biggest sellers, they all smelled like the same poor quality haze and we told him that to which he replied “I’m not saying you don’t know what your talking about lads but weed all smells the same” Cool mate nice one you see this wallet watch as it walks out of your door.

Do not enter.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Since the first of my five years residing in fair Mokum, I have given this shop the title of the (bar none) worst coffeeshop in Amsterdam, and it has yet to be usurped from its poop-laden throne.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

This shop looked pretty closed when I passed the coffeeshop last weekend.
Personaly I never went here because of the bad reviews from Nuggz and others :D In this case i would even welcome it if the shop were taken over by a chain like Plug, Boere... :lol:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Marok21 wrote: Sat 13th Aug 2022 04:47 pm This shop looked pretty closed when I passed the coffeeshop last weekend.
Personaly I never went here because of the bad reviews from Nuggz and others :D In this case i would even welcome it if the shop were taken over by a chain like Plug, Boere... :lol:
I wouldn't be surprised if plug or terpzarmy takes it over.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986