Popeye

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Popeye

I like Popeye
80%
I don't like Popeye
20%

Total votes: 124

Colino

Re: Popeye

Post by Colino »

RvanSteensel wrote:
Mack 10 wrote:Are their Pink kush and top shelf Hash worth the 17 e a gram?
Mack.
no weed is worth this price
and their alladin's chocolate was 15euro 2 years ago and was terrible. tried after reading good reviews but was really harsh on the throat and tasting like an ashtray

Adamster

Post by Adamster »

RvanSteensel wrote:
Mack 10 wrote:Are their Pink kush and top shelf Hash worth the 17 e a gram?
Mack.
no weed is worth this price
What 17euro? And .8 fo fact is total bull shit must be same owners then green place...
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

I looked at the Kush :shock: and definatly didn't buy, lol.
We did have a smoke in there though, All i'm going to say is watch your head on the dam AC.
Lmao...
billyriz

Post by billyriz »

I read on a travelogue about the pink kush, it had been renamed in the travelogue as Pink Smush and i think they said it was the worst weed of the trip
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

Pink Smuoosh! Ahahahaha! Bang on!
Ccfc stoner

Post by Ccfc stoner »

Love this coffee shop, owners were very friendly and after our second visit onwards started to give us extra freebies on our breakfast
Ate breakfast here every day for the week we were in Amsterdam and stopped in in the afternoon for a cup of tea and a smoke as was relaxed atmosphere and never overly busy
Brought some bubblegum and some nyc diesel here both €8 a gram both were distinctly average smokes, not unpleasant but nothing special, defiantly found it better to buy at voyagers then smoke it here or in dolphins
Loofimax

Post by Loofimax »

I like this CS, the BT are friendly, except a woman who does not know all the product.
I smoked an exceptional weed one year ago with a friend : the G13 Haze, we bought it the morning and we laugh the entire day ! Funny trip

I tried their Bubblegum 18 months ago, but nothing special.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

the staff is very friendly here... especially the owner aka peacemaker (if I remember right^^)
is such a nice guy. But quality is changing a lot here... Sometimes they had some great Alladins Chocolate (maroccan hash 15€/g)... but sometimes it´s not the same stuff not to compare with a good batch. Also the weed is sometimes good and sometimes bad...

If the quality would be constantly good that would be one of my favorite shops :?
Loofimax

Post by Loofimax »

It is my favourite.

@marok21
What are your favourites CS ?
Sheska

Post by Sheska »

I've had their Snow White twice the past year and both times it was unsmokeable. I have never seen weed burn this bad, basically had to hold my joints in an open flame non-stop. Was hoping the first time was a bad batch, but sadly it wasn't. Second time it also tasted like it hadn't been flushed properly.

Last time(a couple of months ago by now) I bought some of their Vanilla Kush and I don't know exactly what to think about it. The vanilla smell was amazingly strong. Too strong, like you knocked over a vanilla extract bottle. I only smelled vanilla, couldn't even get a hint of a weed smell. Only smoked a little but didn't feel comfortable smoking the rest. It also wouldn't burn properly.

From my experiences it looks like this shop just sells badly cured hydro strains.
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

I agree with every word you said about the vanilla kush, Sheska. It was the exact same for me the first (and last) time I bought anything here - literal vanilla extract smell, barely any taste, bad burn, little effect. The budtenders were rushy and rude too. But to be fair, my friend bought some aladdin's chocolate and it was pretty good but way overpriced
Off is the new on
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

We figured out the vanilla extract deal years ago here..it pays to read back thru these threads as anyone who's bought the pink kush or vanilla kush here is a sucker....we've proven the extract in the tub theory...please read and you will have more money for better things :mrgreen:
rockin into the night
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

Mmm unfortunately this was back in 2011 before I had started lurking on ACD... I was none the wiser...
Off is the new on
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

juicy drops flavoring most likely
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
Sheska

Post by Sheska »

USBONGLORD wrote:We figured out the vanilla extract deal years ago here..it pays to read back thru these threads
Ah, makes sense. Sadly this took place a few months before I joined ACD. I do usually skim through these threads, but I never bothered reading this thread since I have no desire of ever going back there.