Popeye

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Popeye

I like Popeye
80%
I don't like Popeye
20%

Total votes: 124

hilian2

Popeye

Post by hilian2 »

ACD Page: Popeye

Sat 28th April 07
We sat downstairs and chilled for a bit, nice vibe in here and nice decor tho it has seen better days. Badly in need of refurb. Still it was a very nice place.

A toke a day keeps the blues away - Hils xxx
LeviInAtl

Post by LeviInAtl »

Loved this shop. Our apt was around the corner from here so we made it here a few times over our trip. Great atmosphere here, its a bright clean shop with a split level. You fee like you have box seats for the action on Haarlemmerstraat. On more than one occasion the owner made his way to our table, sat down and shared some of his private stash with us, nothing beats free weed. Had the pleasure of watching kick some rowdy folk out too. I dont remember the particulars of the herb, i frequented here for grams to go and the prices were around 7e per. Internet access and the usual drinks available here. Cant wait to go back
What is this made of?? Babies?!
AL

Post by AL »

last time i was there they had this stupid policy if you dont buy weed you dont get too stay in :? so popped over to pink floyd where you can stay in without purchasing weed,hashish coffee of course like most c/shops.
also it was dark& dingy 2-3 years ago when last there.
have they done up the place & have they still got that stupid policy??

never been back....................
need a spliff......
LeviInAtl

Post by LeviInAtl »

My last trip was the first time i had been in there and i would guess its been done up, it sure seemed that way. On an occasion or two we did go in and only buy drinks. Though we never had an issue, I owuldnt put it past thew owner to kick some folk out for any reason. We may have been lucky in that some guys we hooked up with once in A'dam had the pleasure of flying from Philly with the owner and as stated in my trip report he was very interesting guy and very particular. Id hope that your experience was one time only but as we all know our experiences in A'dam vary from person to person....give it one more try
HasjDreamer

Post by HasjDreamer »

Hey guys...sitting in Popeye's using their VERY inexpensive internet use (1.5 euro, free if you purchase for a half hour) and it is the wife & I's favorite hang out spot so far (we just arrived yesterday morning). The staff is amazingly friendly (ask for Attilla when you arrive) and their Alladin's chocolate WAS fantastic but the show stealer HAD to be their Pink Kush. What a flavor and an INSTANT hi !
its bouquet sweet & pungent, its bite will roast
HasjDreamer

Post by HasjDreamer »

Oh yeah, back again tonight and did NOT purchase anything (smoking 15 euro icolator from Prix D''Ami) and was not given a hard time. Gave Johnny 2 euro for the internet and bought a couple of chocomel's with whipped. Another thing...Johnny (the owner, I think) did not hesitate to tell us that his Bombay was only "ok"...not to many shop owners have the balls to speak the truth.
LeviInAtl

Post by LeviInAtl »

Happy Halloween Dreamer! Have a great time and dont forget to hook us up with a trip report.
HasjDreamer

Post by HasjDreamer »

Thanks Levi! We DID actually see a small group of costumed halloweeners in the dam last night with some really nice costumes so I guess Halloween IS on its way in the dam...

The internet is up & running in my room so look for a report soon.

Smoking some Blue Budda (or is it Blue Budha?) from Empire after our trip to Haarlem...
Kathar

Post by Kathar »

[quote="HasjDreamer"]Thanks Levi! We DID actually see a small group of costumed halloweeners in the dam last night with some really nice costumes so I guess Halloween IS on its way in the dam...

The internet is up & running in my room so look for a report soon.

Smoking some Blue Budda (or is it Blue Budha?) from Empire after our trip to Haarlem...[/quote]

Looking forward to the report and been thinking of you lucky folks who have made a trip over there.
Badfrog

Post by Badfrog »

Decent,friendly shop. I stopped in here because I needed to use the internet and they charged me only 1.50 euro for an hour. Both women working there were very nice and had time to chat. I bought a soda and a gram of some haze.
rks0

Post by rks0 »

Stopped in here in January 2008 on two seperate occasions, and loved it- the staff were friendly, and the place had a nice laid back atmosphere.
Had the Nepal Charas, and the NYC Diesel.
Both were good decent smokes, but nothing outstanding.
Will definitely go again for the atmosphere, and to try the Alladins Chocolate, and the Pink Kush.
Weemanio

Post by Weemanio »

seen a picture of pink kush, and it looks tastey.
travelling high

Post by travelling high »

Weemanio wrote:seen a picture of pink kush, and it looks tastey.
It was a really decent smoke.Not the best of my recent trip but a very enjoyable high.But the Alladin's chocolate hash was supreme.Well worth the money.
When Things Are Down Get High!!
Weemanio

Post by Weemanio »

always seen popeye on route to pink floyd always wondered what it would be like, i may check it out on my next trip.
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

Weemanio wrote:always seen popeye on route to pink floyd always wondered what it would be like, i may check it out on my next trip.
lol, same here I walked past it on my last trip feb 12-15 and nearly walked into it, then Ir emembered about the rifman salma I got from the floyd on my last visit and went straight there. Will be over again for 3 nites in may with 4 mates I must make a point of going to it. P.S They had no salma on the menu, but the rifman hash was lovely as usual, think I got one beginning with an s, it was the top rifman.