Popeye

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Popeye

I like Popeye
80%
I don't like Popeye
20%

Total votes: 124

djreign

Re: Popeye

Post by djreign »

Always found Popeyes a nice place to spend a little time.

Coffee has always been good in my experience.

Always someone to chat to.

The guys that run it have always been nice enough to me.

Not the best weed but no means the worst. I got some really nice purple from there in March

AmNeSiA22488

Post by AmNeSiA22488 »

I visit Popeyes regularly they have a large menu with mostly reasonable prices with the exception of their Pink Kush at 17 euros per gram. It was 15 which was ok as the quality was very good, I then went back a couple of month later it was upto 17 and the quality wasnt as good =(. I also bought a 5 gram bag of White Shark but it was mostly shake. That is the only bad experience ive had with these guys in 8 visits. Not to put them down as mostly I receive big juicy buds of Vanilla Kush and Lemon Haze etc. Definately worth a visit.
gls259

Post by gls259 »

i enjoy popeye's because sometimes, even during peak hours, the place will be empty and you can have a nice undisturbed smoke session... id say bring your own smoke, theirs is nothing special
jst23

Post by jst23 »

I'm not a massive fan of Popeyes, i found the owners to be rude. I've been to most coffee shops near/ in the centre and have to say that these were the rudest. It's not like i went in there baked and couldn't talk or anything. Their weed was good, but by no means great. If you're in the area pop in for a visit, but i wouldn't go out of my way to go there.

3/5
Why can't we all just get along?
Sour

Post by Sour »

vanilla Kush smells amazing. 15 ero but tastes good
Pipo

Post by Pipo »

any experience with the super shiva of popeye?

thanks
is it strong?
Mack 10

Post by Mack 10 »

Are their Pink kush and top shelf Hash worth the 17 e a gram?
Mack.
beq00000

Post by beq00000 »

No.
Charsee

Post by Charsee »

Also finding a business that has both Indians and Pakistanis working along side each other happily is a laughable prospect. The countries have been at war for ages and the people generally hate each other! It's like saying the coffeeshop is run by 'English and Germans' chalk and cheese.
Actually no, most people avoid to get their point of view influenced by politics and look after nothing else than peace with their neighbor. Of course there are haters, like everywhere, but that's not the general mindset I have come across. In about a total of 14 months spent between India in Pakistan I have met, one hater. Could you believe that there are Pakistani going on vacation to India, and vice-versa ? Quite a bunch indeed. Lots of families split between the two countries...

By the way, what about their Black Bombay, anyone sampled it ?

Irie !
Roo-Vee-Bo

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

Charsee wrote:
Also finding a business that has both Indians and Pakistanis working along side each other happily is a laughable prospect. The countries have been at war for ages and the people generally hate each other! It's like saying the coffeeshop is run by 'English and Germans' chalk and cheese.
Actually no, most people avoid to get their point of view influenced by politics and look after nothing else than peace with their neighbor. Of course there are haters, like everywhere, but that's not the general mindset I have come across. In about a total of 14 months spent between India in Pakistan I have met, one hater. Could you believe that there are Pakistani going on vacation to India, and vice-versa ? Quite a bunch indeed. Lots of families split between the two countries...

Irie !
I agree wholeheartedly. Being of Indian descent I am still amused to this day how the media portray relations between the Indian and Pakistani peoples. While my family is heavily centered around Delhi I do have many family members through Pakistan as well. The difference in culture often tantamount s to the difference between Cockney's and Geordie's :)

On a coffee shop note, stopped by here in January and picked up 5g of the Black Bombay. I have seen better examples but would still advise anyone to purchase as it was at a fair price ( 25E off the top of my head) . Used a TINY amount in my hash pipe to sample the flavor before sending the whole lot back home in the mail. When the parcel arrived I was surprised to find that, contrary to the fears of my partner, the hash weighed up as 6.4g. A bargain indeed and I felt obliged to put a large amount in a spliff to celebrate. :D
Malfatty

Post by Malfatty »

A little bit small but the staff was great,the weed too,easy prices for tea cups.
Near to my hotel....best super lemon haze I've tried in 5 days and that's it.
greenking

Post by greenking »

Roo-Vee-Bo wrote:
Charsee wrote:

Irie !
I agree wholeheartedly. Being of Indian descent I am still amused to this day how the media portray relations between the Indian and Pakistani peoples. While my family is heavily centered around Delhi I do have many family members through Pakistan as well. The difference in culture often tantamount s to the difference between Cockney's and Geordie's :)

On a coffee shop note, stopped by here in January and picked up 5g of the Black Bombay. I have seen better examples but would still advise anyone to purchase as it was at a fair price ( 25E off the top of my head) . Used a TINY amount in my hash pipe to sample the flavor before sending the whole lot back home in the mail. When the parcel arrived I was surprised to find that, contrary to the fears of my partner, the hash weighed up as 6.4g. A bargain indeed and I felt obliged to put a large amount in a spliff to celebrate. :D

Sadly guys most folks don't know their history and that once upon a time there was no Pakistan just India, so it makes total sense That family's are now split between the two country's
Oh anyone seen any chalice around ?
peace to all who walk through greener fields
Roo-Vee-Bo

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

Irie ![/quote]

On a coffee shop note, stopped by here in January and picked up 5g of the Black Bombay. I have seen better examples but would still advise anyone to purchase as it was at a fair price ( 25E off the top of my head) . Used a TINY amount in my hash pipe to sample the flavor before sending the whole lot back home in the mail. When the parcel arrived I was surprised to find that, contrary to the fears of my partner, the hash weighed up as 6.4g. A bargain indeed and I felt obliged to put a large amount in a spliff to celebrate. :D[/quote]

Sadly guys most folks don't know their history and that once upon a time there was no Pakistan just India, so it makes total sense That family's are now split between the two country's
Oh anyone seen any chalice around ?[/quote]

In Gandhara, Gandhara, they say it was in India :wink:
orle

Post by orle »

gronda wrote:anyone with experience with the popey weed mix offer?

doesn't look very clean to me, probably doesn't burn to a white ash either, may be sprayed/affused
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

Mack 10 wrote:Are their Pink kush and top shelf Hash worth the 17 e a gram?
Mack.
no weed is worth this price
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke