Repelsteeltje (Leeuwarden)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Repelsteeltje

ImageImageImageImageImage 5/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 4/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 3/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 2/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 1/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 0/5
No votes

Total votes: 0

Kay Noosh

Repelsteeltje (Leeuwarden)

Post by Kay Noosh »

ACD page: Repelsteeltje, Leeuwarden

Repelsteeltje has the image of being the "first place in town", and they surely are interesting... An old stylish house with several floors, and a good choice of weed. But... my experience there was rather discouraging. The young budtendress did neither have much background knowledge or patience and could not really help me, she rather made me feel not welcome there. In the end I got Zomerwiet, Strawberry and Power Plant which were all good but maybe not exactly what I was looking for - and very expensive, for being in Friesland. In case I come to Leeuwarden again, I would rather go to De Os which had fantastic stuff at very low prices.

"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
RvanSteensel

Re: Repelsteeltje (Leeuwarden)

Post by RvanSteensel »

one of best in holland
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
WLow

Post by WLow »

RvanSteensel wrote: Tue 10th Jul 2018 10:09 am one of best in holland

This guy still alive? hi holland.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

holy shit man
the buitenhaze kicks serious ass !!!

if you want indoor go for Assepoester
Mystery

Post by Mystery »

There are 13 shops in LWD and it is funny people outside LWD are always mentioning repelsteeltje and the os...

Repelsteeltje is not the shop of the locals.. but more the tourist shop. This had an explosive growth in the beginning years of Psy-fi,because they had illegal touringstops in front of their shop. Second thing is that they are a headshop so they can promote on the field during the event.
De Os has more a history in LWD but is losing some potention in quality the last years.

Repel has an outstanding building and some good weed but the prices are on an average level extremly high. When you visiting LWD it is a place to see but for the price and the quality i recommend other places.

Coffeeshop de zone /downtown are near repelsteeltje. Miami is near de Os. These are more the local shops and the quality/price is in my opinion better.

For example...Coffeeshop de zone is in LWD since 1995 and a shop i come for years. The good thing about the shop is stability. Always the same strains and dont mess with the prices. The only strains thats passing the 10 euro is Amnesia. All the other strains are below the 10 euro. And the quality is very good. Also in downtown,miami,utoop or american,etc... they have good strains and prices.

I think tourist need to enlarge their vision and be more curious about the other shops. If you are on a 1 day visit r for the first time in LWD i understand you want to give repelsteeltje a visit.

But if you want the best qualtiy/price in weed you need give the others a visit so you can see it for yourself :).
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

WLow wrote: Thu 12th Jul 2018 11:13 pm
RvanSteensel wrote: Tue 10th Jul 2018 10:09 am one of best in holland

This guy still alive? hi holland.
Nope, he resurrected from the dead just to make a few brief posts...
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

Mystery wrote: Mon 12th Nov 2018 09:15 amit is funny people outside LWD are always mentioning repelsteeltje and the os...
I might be responsible for some of that, because I've visited three times. The first time Repelsteeltje had what I assume to be local weed, all strangely named strains I'd never heard of. And it was some of the trippiest weed I've ever had. Sadly, the other times it just had bog-standard varieties.

Der Os I liked for the free computers, chess and general atmosphere. The wooden chairs I remember as a bit of a pain, literally, but then the Dutch have a weird Calvinist streak. I never bought anything from Miami, I don't think, but when I asked for something they didn't have in stock they recommended De Os, which is nice. (I think I have an irrational prejudice against shops that have a name that's a city somewhere else.)

Your post reminded me I liked the atmosphere in De Zone as well. The others were just B&F, or maybe I just looked in. Leeuwarden is pretty small, so if you've bothered to go all the way there, you might as well visit them all - it's like Haarlem in this respect.

But of course things change quickly, and I don't think I've been there for 5 years. Good to have an update; maybe more people will now pluck up the courage to go up north, and write trip reports.

Incidentally, I've met lots of Dutch people in Amsterdam who've never been to Leeuwarden, and seemed to think it might as well be the North Pole. The Netherlands isn't very large, so I found this puzzling. Did I just run into a lot of incurious sluggards, or is the area really that exotic, and unvisited by other citizens?
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

FODSmith wrote: Mon 12th Nov 2018 02:22 pm
Mystery wrote: Mon 12th Nov 2018 09:15 amit is funny people outside LWD are always mentioning repelsteeltje and the os...
Incidentally, I've met lots of Dutch people in Amsterdam who've never been to Leeuwarden, and seemed to think it might as well be the North Pole. The Netherlands isn't very large, so I found this puzzling. Did I just run into a lot of incurious sluggards, or is the area really that exotic, and unvisited by other citizens?
Leeuwarden and Friesland I think are seen as a bit "podunk" by Dutchies hailing from other provinces, but particularly those residing within the Ranstad, and yet even more so for Amsterdammers I'd say. In the far North, Dutchies (not hailing from the Northernmost provinces) tend to identify and have more interest in Groningen because it's a university town and also supposedly has the most left-leaning political voting tendencies. So I think there's a tendency to overlook Leeuwarden, and to that the whole Frisian thing, they've got a further layer of identity separatism and that gives you the situation you just described more or less.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

Mystery wrote: Mon 12th Nov 2018 09:15 am Coffeeshop de zone /downtown are near repelsteeltje. Miami is near de Os. These are more the local shops and the quality/price is in my opinion better.
didnt think much of miami , and the other shop a street away was totally ripping off psyfi hippies
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

Thanks a lot for the advice! When I come to Leeuwarden again I will definitely check out Downtown, De Zone and Miami. Seems to be a good town, talking about value for money... I just liked De Os (and Repelsteeltje in this respect too, only too expensive) because they had rarities & extraordinary strains...
"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

16$ greengelato sucked dick
13$ bigbuddhacheese ..... not even 30% as good as my own cheese lol wtf
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

RvanSteensel wrote: Thu 17th Jun 2021 08:50 am 16$ greengelato sucked dick
13$ bigbuddhacheese ..... not even 30% as good as my own cheese lol wtf
This coffeeshop is still on my list to visit in the future but that doesn't sound too good :? also 13€/g is pretty much for Cheese :shock:
and well I am sure it could be pretty hard to find any weed from a coffeeshop nowadays that can keep up with yours :mrgreen: maybe some 20€+ weed or some really rare exceptions.