Bluebird

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Bluebird

I like Bluebird
92%
I don't like Bluebird
8%

Total votes: 218

SoenderbronX_DK

Post by SoenderbronX_DK »

Ehm... *that it may NOT be so...

Who is John Galt?
iwanitnow567

Bluebird rulz

Post by iwanitnow567 »

one of the best coffee shops by far. they have a sofa that is a little piece of heaven. loved the vaporizer and they let me use it with weed i brought from another coffee shop. i sat on the sofa with a great young german elementary school teacher and we smoked eachother's weed in my bong. a must for all.
Ganjababa

Post by Ganjababa »

One of the nicest shops in town. They have a smoking section in there, so mixing tobacco wont be a problem. Its not a big smoking room (the section where the coutch is), so you wont always fit in. Prices are a bit high but quality was great! I think i had my most tastefull weed here, it was the "blue cheese" but on the other hand, (i think, stoned memory) we had our worst weed here too. It was whiteWidow and imo it tasted way too greenish, but effect was good. "Blueird special" hash was really nice and tasteful. Very friendly staff, nice music and great gear. Interior is not the best in town, but better than most of the places. Defenetly a must stop when in amsterdam.
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

since my last msg! ive been back to BB Statwars is now like 11euro per gram(better price then 23e from the 15th HT CC) i guess they had jack up the price for cup i wouldnt be suprized!

the Bleu cheese was :shock: now i get what all these britts was talking about :wink: the Smell texture its So Fromage (wish i was smoking some now) the cheese is in my top 3 of best weeds iv smoked in holland i love just everything about it smeel tast the way it burns
ive even got everybody at hotel i was buying this stuff they all loved it and was asking where and how to get there :wink:
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Been here once so i will give my view.
Nice big place with very good gear and the prices were not bad either. When i visited the budtender did not have hes own serving area and was serving by where you get drinks. He got a bit moody when i asked for drinks and then said the drinks counter is there (pointing about 6 inches from where he was standing). Bit strange but will deffo visit again :D
Englands_Finest

17-19th Sept 2008

Post by Englands_Finest »

A friend recommended this CS to me 15 years ago & I still make a beeline for it every time I visit Amsterdam. I always enjoy watching other visitors faces when they stand in awe outside, realising they've found 'The Famous Bluebird'. If you come in you're welcome to have a smoke & then contemplate the spiral staircase on your way out :D . You'll find alot of locals use this place too, which shows they sell a good variety of weed at a fair price.

My GF who is not a pot head, found Bluebirds 'special cake' was cheapest & most potent with 0.3g of butterweed (weedbutter?) per serving for €4 (the high lasted about 4 hours). The bartender warned us we had a 'bit extra' as the original slice he/she cut was slightly under (which was nice).... As a smoker, hash cakes have never appealed to me but watching my GF stoned for the 1st time in her life after the one she bought at The Bluebird, I'd recommend other newbies give them a go.

What it lacks in seating space, it makes up for in reputation. Keep up the good work 8)
Boner

Post by Boner »

Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

I kinda have a love/hate relationship with bluebird! on the one hand its a popular coffeeshop thats in a great location,But on the other hand it does have a weak weed menu! + its cramped/overpriced & 50% of the time a very difficult place to get a drink :lol:,Ps the last couple of trips ive personaly tended to go to "reefer" & "green place" coffeeshops instead as they are both within easy walking distance from the blueburd,Take the bluebird strain "hash plant" for example! if anyone thinks a gram of weak hashplant is worth 11 euros well there are off there heads :lol:,Also there skunk isnt much better @ all! ie a wet/weak bag of crap.
Prestoned

Post by Prestoned »

I have always believed that BlueBird was best for dark hash's.

Edit: Ok, Styx and WW NTB did piss over BlueBirds tho.
:)
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Yea ive had some decent polms in the past from there,I will go back but it will just be hash i am afraid 8).
Clayman

Post by Clayman »

best morning shop for sure, great atmosphere to smoke up in their smoking room with its awesome couches. the crazy breeze made by the smoke fans was beautiful in the morning. we went there at least 5 times in 6 days

the staff was so friendly that on the last day i gave all my leftover bud to them and the customers who were there at closing time. even loaded up two volcanos at the same time and passed the bags around to anyone who wanted. LOVED bluebird. i could live there.

this and dampkring were my favorite shops. bluebird will hold a special place for me.

(pinball machine?! hell yes!)

oh and they had a strain of weed called Star Warz. so awesome.
2 punk rockers in the Big Smokey 4/3-4/9
Rasa

Post by Rasa »

Went here in July of 08' picked up some Blue Cheese which stank of old socks and musky cheese haha I consider that a good thing, it was super sticky maybe a bit undercured but tasted delightful, my buddy picked up some G-13 Haze and payed the budtender and the tender gave him less change then he was supposed to get, dont know if he was trying to rip us off but my buddy told him and he apologized and gave him the correct amount. Wasnt keen on the fact that the bags were pre-weighed, all I saw was the rasta dude reach into a closet where I couldnt see and grab the baggies, a bit iffy, other then that all in all its got a nice ambience and the shop has a cool design especially the steep stairs to the bar, definately will be sad if this shop closes because of the School distance thingy.

-Rasa
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Clayman wrote:best morning shop for sure, great atmosphere to smoke up in their smoking room with its awesome couches. the crazy breeze made by the smoke fans was beautiful in the morning. we went there at least 5 times in 6 days

the staff was so friendly that on the last day i gave all my leftover bud to them and the customers who were there at closing time. even loaded up two volcanos at the same time and passed the bags around to anyone who wanted. LOVED bluebird. i could live there.

this and dampkring were my favorite shops. bluebird will hold a special place for me.

(pinball machine?! hell yes!)

oh and they had a strain of weed called Star Warz. so awesome.

I normaly tend to take a seat by the window & watch the world go by! like i said its in a decent location,I remember being totaly smashed on my 1st night a couple of trips back & the sounds of the clock chimes & watching people buzzing about on bikes were awsome 8).
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

The lemon haze (i think it was called) was the nicest weed i had when i was out there in feb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

One of the first shops I ever visited, and so obviously have good memories of this place. Remember one New Years eve watching the owners firing fireworks down the street towards the reefer. Man that was a great night even if we did manage to walk oursleves off the tourist map and had to ask for direction back to the Centrum.