Coffeeshop Amsterdam (formerly Dampkring 2 and Pink Floyd)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2

I like Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2
86%
I don't like Pink Floyd - Dampkring 2
14%

Total votes: 251

Darksecrets999

Re: Dampkring 2 (formerly Pink Floyd)

Post by Darksecrets999 »

Just visited dam for a few days and got back yesterday. Went into Dampkring on Haarlemmerstraat and went for one of the more expensive sativas, Himalayan Gold. We went up to smoke it and it felt more like an indica. Made us all really chatty but felt a bit monged out too. Looked it up on leafly and it turns out it isn't a sativa but a indica dominant hybrid. Was a bit disappointed that Dampkring would get something basic like that wrong, but it was still an extremely good high. Was smooth to smoke and let me think deeply. Even ended up buying another 1g on our way out.
It's a cafe setup so it's a more chilled out atmosphere and the staff and other customers were friendly. So friendly that one of the other customers gave us the weed and grinder that he had left over. We called it the 'mystery weed' and smoked it later that night.

WLow

Post by WLow »

They just changed the name, no more confusions now i guess...

Coffeeshop Amsterdam

edit: thanks for the insta feature lemming! works great :thumbup:
Papi

Post by Papi »

Great marketing, as the time passes guess what's gonna be the 1st google result while searching "coffeeshop amsterdam" :lol:
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Papi wrote: Sun 6th Aug 2017 11:18 pm Great marketing, as the time passes guess what's gonna be the 1st google result while searching "coffeeshop amsterdam" :lol:
If you can't trust a marketer, than who can you trust? I know - a banker.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Papi wrote: Sun 6th Aug 2017 11:18 pm Great marketing, as the time passes guess what's gonna be the 1st google result while searching "coffeeshop amsterdam" :lol:
Interesting question. See here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=34265
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

I'm surprised it took them this long to change the name, they've been using Amsterdam Coffee baggies for years :lol:!

I'm quite intrigued by this! I wonder if there's any changes other than the name. When I last went in here I noticed a lot more Amsterdam Genetics hashish on the menu. Maybe because they're not Dampkring anymore they've swapped Rifman for the block hashes? I'm probably wrong lol but isn't Rifman a Dampkring and Tweede Kamer hashish?

Amsterdam Coffeeshop (formerly Dampkring 2, formerly Pink Floyd).
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
WLow

Post by WLow »

Here is the (new? :lol: ) story they written on their website:

Coffeeshop Dampkring first opened in 1993, founded by Jeroen and Paul. Dampkring quickly gained international fame when the American blockbuster Ocean’s Twelve was filmed inside the coffee shop.

Jeroen left to live in Ibiza in 2001. Then in 2007 Paul opened up the Dampkring location on Haarlemmerstraat. In 2011 he sold both Dampkring’s to devote himself completely to yoga.

In 2016 he became co-owner again of the Dampkring Haarlemmerstraat. Because there are two Dampkring’s with different owners, which can give confusion sometimes and because Dampkring is not easy to pronounce for foreigners, it was decided from august 1st 2017 to give Dampkring at Haarlemmerstraat an extra name.

Jeroen and Paul are also the founders of one of the oldest coffee shops of Amsterdam: Tweede Kamer Coffeeshop at Heisteeg 6 in Amsterdam. Tweede Kamer is a small coffeeshop in the city centre with mostly local visitors. Coffeeshop Tweede Kamer is well known throughout the Netherlands.
Papi

Post by Papi »

Somehow it doesn't add up :lol: :lol: Btw, the thread should be renamed to Coffeeshop Amsterdam(Formerly Dampkring 2, formerly Pink Floyd):D
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Papi wrote: Mon 7th Aug 2017 03:32 pm Somehow it doesn't add up :lol: :lol: Btw, the thread should be renamed to Coffeeshop Amsterdam(Formerly Dampkring 2, formerly Pink Floyd):D
I was thinking exactly the same Papi :lol:
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Good call on that one, Papi! No need mentioning the name of that shitty search engine too many people still seem to use though.

Excellent business move of those guys renaming it in my humble opinion even though generic to the max, ridiculous bit of their history here though. So conclusion is yoga doesn't make you happy but drugs and profit do, right?

Just my two cents nothing worth.
Cannabis

Coffeeshop Amsterdam

Post by Cannabis »

Last edited by Cannabis on Wed 20th Dec 2017 02:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Chocolony Kush Block hash (8,50€/g) - In my opinion this batch (from last weekend) was not as good as the last times I got it... only little smell and weaker :? well it was ok but nothing special atm...
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

24k block hash (10€/g) - This batch is more like skuff than the creamy sticky batches I had in the past. Smells more like the strain it´s made from so it´s not bad but I was looking for a more creamier hash like it used to be... well I made the fault to make a blind buy :roll: but it´s crazy how fast the hash batches changes at Dampkring#2/Tweede Kammer in consistency/smell/taste... not really constant but usually they have a very good value for money.

For me as a mostly hash smoker it is a pity that the "top" Rifman hashes are not what they used to be atm. It seems like they focus more on the value for money thing atm or I could imagine that they have problems to get really stable top quality products out of the new genetics. You buy for example Malika and next week it´s a complete different kind of hash... also all that super sticky stuff is not bad but I liked the old "top" Rifmans a lot more than this till now.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 19th Nov 2017 12:17 pm... it´s crazy how fast the hash batches changes at Dampkring#2/Tweede Kammer in consistency/smell/taste... not really constant but usually they have a very good value for money.

For me as a mostly hash smoker it is a pity that the "top" Rifman hashes are not what they used to be atm. It seems like they focus more on the value for money thing atm or I could imagine that they have problems to get really stable top quality products out of the new genetics. You buy for example Malika and next week it´s a complete different kind of hash... also all that super sticky stuff is not bad but I liked the old "top" Rifmans a lot more than this till now.
That's all been my experience as well the last few trips. I think both menus are exactly the same now as well -- they were always very close, but with a few differences.

Makes a mockery out of the idea of quality control, doesn't it? But I'll keep going back, for the same reasons (and with 2e Kamer out of nostalgia, with the budtender from the days when it was one of the few shops to sell by weight).
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Menu as of 12.16.2017

Blue Headband + Supersilvercookie is a Happy Meal sez the BT and so it was.

How about a topic title change to ‘Coffeeshop Amsterdam’ now that it’s a Boerejongens joint?

Free to FBN to post on his website.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.