Dampkring

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Dampkring

I like Dampkring
89%
I don't like Dampkring
11%

Total votes: 365

macky

Re: Dampkring

Post by macky »

kingbee wrote: Sat 13th Apr 2019 12:04 am Image

Pic of Dampkring's "Thidrin Zabida" from Instagram

- Has anyone tried it yet?
I,m going in morning if I can get some sleep tonight :D Tell you how goodie is tommrow :mrgreen:

macky

Post by macky »

Went like I said :shock: The bud guy nice enough ,told me the hash was non pressed pollen (very clean and uplifting his words )
Asked what the Morrocan worth a couple more was like ,he said same hash just double pressed? What ? He said different process
Oh! I said like using static to remove leaf matter ...no he said different process Oh! I said :lol:
Got that and the top Afgan for 18 euro,s ..takes me back old style Afgan.
Had easy time with the hash ,so asked what he liked in the weed ? Told me he liked the OG so took that too.
We had nice T and T with Nugs :mrgreen:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

macky wrote: Sun 14th Apr 2019 09:49 pm Went like I said The bud guy nice enough ,told me the hash was non pressed pollen (very clean and uplifting his words )
Asked what the Morrocan worth a couple more was like ,he said same hash just double pressed? What ? He said different process
Oh! I said like using static to remove leaf matter ...no he said different process Oh! I said
Got that and the top Afgan for 18 euro,s ..takes me back old style Afgan.
Had easy time with the hash ,so asked what he liked in the weed ? Told me he liked the OG so took that too.
We had nice T and T with Nugs
Looks like a very talkactive budtender :lol: different process :lol: but the description unpressed pollen very clean and uplifting sounds
nice :mrgreen: I'm also looking for nice uplifting hash that don´t make me tired or is too stony atm... so that could be a good option.

Sounds like a beautiful morning with talking and smoking some rare hash :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Laygord

Post by Laygord »

"Kalimist" from here was pretty shite. We went in here a bit too scatter-brained and I didn't recall that this was a "hash place". Also didn't ask the budtender for a rec, which was probably a mistake. Also didn't ask to see the weed before purchase :roll:

Not sure what I expected from a weed with the description "peppery hazy" but it was very dry and lacked any smell and taste. Smoke was pretty harsh too.

I'm definitely going to go for their hash selection next time, even though navigating these cryptic names is probably best left for the budtender.
codejd

Post by codejd »

Casio OG was nice & stony.
Donkey smell.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Today:

In an effort to implement the UN/US-style peacekeeping mission alla boots a terra firma - I popped in, primarily in search of delightful and heady Rif resins.

The dreaded bud-tender was utmost and attentive to my request for a "good Moroccan hash", I asked him to give me his "top 3" he pulled out three tubs which he assured me were three very lovely, but very distinct from one another - Moroccan hashes. Of the three shown I took two - 1g of Wadi Alzuhur at 15 EUR per g & 1g of Niqa at 14 EUR per gram.

Wadi Alzuhur - described by the bud-tender as a special and unique Moroccan using classic genetics with new pressing/refining techniques (not elaborated upon) a very dark brown hash with an oil gloss/sheen to it. It has a certain type of look of "stickyness" not like your typical plop down on wax-paper before bagging it, puddle of oil wet stickyness, but rather a dry waxy stick to your fingers without the "wetness" stickyness, think finger/scissor hash or a nice ice-o-lator even. Smell is herbal, zesty and lemony with a sweet candied touch of evergreen pine alla Christmas trees - very much reminds again of a nice ice-o-lator (in yank "bubble hash"). Loaded in the bong solo, licked by the flame it sizzled with the fury of a 1000 martyr massacre and melted away into near nothingness, yeah this has gotta be some actual "bubble hash" me thinks. The best smell-to-palate transfer of any of the many hashes sampled in the past few days, a clear clean head-soaring buzz, potent. This one's something very special IMHO. Thus far my assessment is, seal of approval and fairly priced.

Niqa - the bud-tender noted this was their entry for the upcoming "Jack Herer Cup" (also advertised as such on the menu), 14 EUR per gram. He described it as "a caramello". Very dark brown oxidized exterior cut in the thin "ribbon-esque" pieces as alluded to in my "Hiya" review of Coffeeshop Solo (yesterday), dark brown-reddish interior. Again the classic cedary, mildly piney and citrusy, sappy, raw carroty even with a touch of ginger bouquet that most more classic landrace/terroir Moroccans seem to have. Sizzles mildly when hit with heat, very rich and full-bodied flavor, of the more classic-esque Marocs reviewed in the past two days, this one has the fullest and most transferable flavor and is probably the most potent (the competitors in this instance would be 2e Kamer's Laila at 9 EUR per; and Solo's Hiya at 10 per). Assessment, approval but could stand to be at least a EUR or to cheaper on the gram.

Before paying out, my eyes flitted over to the weed section of the menu. The words "Piff Haze" stole my gaze almost immediately. 14.50 EUR per g. Side tangent, the "Piff" was a term in NYC metro ("Tristate Area") that became associated as a generic byword for "high-grade marijuana/sensemilla") alla Skunk in the UK. However like Skunk, its origins were strain-specific. A legendary cut of old-school Americana haze that was peddled from the block corners of Manhattan (Washington Heights & Harlem) en masse throughout the late 90s and 2000s. Revered for its potency and pyschadellic-hit, selfish-druggies flocked from across the Tri-State descending upon Uptown Manhattan, to catch a taste of this finest of wares. Not cut directly of the same cloth as "sweet and lemony" Amsterdam-style hazes (Amnesia crosses) we all love and know, but from the older cuts, alla Neville's Haze. You can read more about the strain and its legacy on this thread on ICmag forum:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=78595

I digress, as he weighed the two separate G's I just ordered, I waited patiently and told him to show me the "dat Piff" even though it was unlikely I would grab any. He smiled and happily proffered the tub before my inquisitive beak. Wow, a blast-from-the-past and trip down memory lane, the sandalwood, cedary, umami, meaty, earthy, lemon zesty, mildly effervescently skunky notes wafted up and took me right back to Brooklyn on da block, smokin' big fat blunt of dat Piff. Naturally, I folded at my own suggestion that I "probably would say no to dope" this time, and grabbed a "tientje" just because I had to have this sliver of nostalgia. Scraggly, wispy, buds that are poorly manicured but with seemingly developed (re: prominent) calyxes and trichs. In the vapcap smell transfers nicely, a bit frutier and less meatier than the nose - savory canteloupes and lemon zest on the back end. Nice full bodied, sweet, funky, midly earthy flavor with a clear, relatively potent quick acting high; EDIT: burns pretty clean and white as far as I could see whilst bonging it. Thanks for that trip down memory lane. Assessment, a lovely sweet taste of Tri-State Area nostalgia, nice flavor and clear high - full approval, though should also probably be a EUR or two cheaper, if I'm being a fully objective twat here! Still most likely will be along for seconds shortly! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I paid up and left the bud-tender a tip, something I never do at coffeeshops (in shocking spite of my Yank sensibilities, as I still tip often at bars and restaurants), for his excellent recommendations, attention to detail and patience.

I've loved to ribbingly hate on this place throughout the years for an assortment of reasons, but this visit gave me a much needed reminder that the line for the bud-counter isn't out the door, it's one of the most worthwhile buy-and-flys in town for product pickup.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Really loving this Piff Haze, I'm sure I've got slightly rose-tinted glasses on the matter, but the wave of nostalgia and even more so the, aura and legacy surrounding this strain are fascinating to me:

This is for Big Herb:Frankies was the most sought after haze variety to come out of New York City. The name Frankies derived from frankincense which is a trait that is unmistakable highly desired and cannot be forgotten by anyone who has just one toke. Derived from slang used by the older guys who kept the strain in circulation. It is thought of by anyone who was lucky enough to have the experience, simply as the best.
This lead my quest in search to find the source of Frankies, Washington heights known to the New Yorkers as the home of the haze.

Hi I'm new to this site And have been reading a lot of the haze post. I'm not here to make waves but let me say something now. That Haze that has been in new york Mainly Washington Heights that the Dominicans have controlled and been selling sense the early 90s To about mid 2000 when everyone turn to Diesel mid 2006 I believe. Any real Dominican that was controlling washington heights would tell you that it was being smuggled from Miami, FL .... Now speaking from experience I still have many friends In Washington heights and that haze with the smell you call frankies My friend is what the Cubans called the "BLACK HAZE"..... That particular Haze pheno my friend Is a Cut that Mainly us Cubans controlled back in Miami.... Every Haze that went to new york was brought and controeld by dominiquens. About the pheno well it is a early 90s haze so Im sure it is the NL#5 X HAZE witch is a super yielder and the only one that has that frankie smell. Now remember same seed stock hase diffrent phenos but that frankie pheno is what us Cubans call the Black Haze...And any Dominican that was pushing weight and selling Haze Knows were they got it . It aint no secret That 99.99% of all haze That went to NY Wasington heights came from Miami..From us Cubans to Are Latin brother Los Dominicanos .... And That's Real Kid 8)
[SIC]

If you peruse the other thread-link on ICMag I posted above, you can find a lot of the conflicting theories about it's origins, genetics, the groups that controlled and hoarded these legendary genetics. It's referred to as both Golden Haze by some or Black Haze by others. Allegedly Cubans down in South Florida churned this shit out by the greenhouse-full, packed into 18-wheelers (or "Semi's"; "lorries" or in NYC parlance "tractor-trailers") and sent up Northwards along the East Coast to the blocks of Uptown Manhattan to be broken down by Dominican groups operating in the Neighborhood into "dimos" (dimebags) and "dubs" (a "20-sack") and peddled en masse in these retail quantities, always at the retail markup, regardless of quantity. Piff, The Wash-Heights Haze, Da Church, Frankie - a true legend in book of classic American genetics/strains of cannabis.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Thanks for the great review(s) Nugs, very nice stuff that there! :) :mrgreen:

Would second your list of best classic hash for the money right now as Niqa, Laila and Hiya (DK, 2e and Solo respectively), those are all very good value hashes at their respective price points and as we didn't sample the Massawa Royal during 420 that cannot be listed (although if they are keeping their standard it would probably be at the top of the list),

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 8th May 2019 04:56 pm Thanks for the great review(s) Nugs, very nice stuff that there! :) :mrgreen:
Thanks brother!
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 8th May 2019 04:56 pm Would second your list of best classic hash for the money right now as Niqa, Laila and Hiya (DK, 2e and Solo respectively), those are all very good value hashes at their respective price points
Well I think all listed are decent but my clear and definitive tiered ranking (i.e. NOT a "in no particular order" ranking at all) would be:

1.) Wadi Alzuhur

decent sized drop off

2.) Niqa

Bigger drop off

3.) Hiya

small drop off

4.) Laila

Edit: that's for purely quality - with value points factored in the Hiya and Laila are fairly close to the Niqa.
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Agreed on the top pick, for sure, but from your post on the Wadi Alzuhur we weren't sure you'd count that among the true classics... :mrgreen: Reason for us putting laila above Hiya is probably down to it being a little darker (which is our general preference) and the Hiya being much closer to our everyday smoke here in CPH flavor and style-wise, so it's less special.

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

I think the Wadi is not a true classic maroccan, it seems to me more like water hash extraction from NL genetics, will I have smoked too much?, :lol: :mrgreen:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

TransApenninesCouple wrote: Wed 8th May 2019 08:04 pm I think the Wadi is not a true classic maroccan, it seems to me more like water hash extraction from NL genetics, will I have smoked too much?, :lol: :mrgreen:
Hai ragione, comunque secondo me, neanche il Banana Double di Solo non e' un "marocchino classico" - detto questo ancora preferisco il Wadi (in confronto con il Banana).
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Wed 8th May 2019 07:36 pm Agreed on the top pick, for sure, but from your post on the Wadi Alzuhur we weren't sure you'd count that among the true classics... :mrgreen: Reason for us putting laila above Hiya is probably down to it being a little darker (which is our general preference) and the Hiya being much closer to our everyday smoke here in CPH flavor and style-wise, so it's less special.

CC
Yeah I kinda agree the Wadi isn't "classic", but it's something special and tasty/potent as all get out in any matter so I"m a fan. Yeah for classic the Niqa comes out tops I'd say. If this hash kick doesn't let up, I may need to give the Old Man a ring, and see what's good. Heard good things about his Polm on here (in comparison with the Shoe that is), so might need to have a little tasting - though don't want to have to grab a fiver of that, because if it's not to my liking it'll sit untouched forever.
WLow

Post by WLow »

That's some passionate review on the Piff Haze thanks Nugs.
Jack Herer cup votes are online you can vote even if your not smokin the product, what a great cup :mrgreen:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

WLow wrote: Fri 10th May 2019 09:23 pm That's some passionate review on the Piff Haze thanks Nugs.
Jack Herer cup votes are online you can vote even if your not smokin the product, what a great cup :mrgreen:
Yeah I probably have some nostalgic bias as mentioned but I'm really diggin this stuff. Done gone an picked up a near quarter-ounce off them over the past week. They gave me a QR code voucher for the cup, so you're right I should go vote.

Anyway glad you enjoyed and thanks for the kind words