Dampkring

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Dampkring

I like Dampkring
89%
I don't like Dampkring
11%

Total votes: 365

zuck20

going back to the dam

Post by zuck20 »

In week i will be back in the dam, cant wait to visit my favorite coffeeshop, its been hard at work thinking that ina week or so i will be sitting at the bar of the Dampkring just like old times. Im sure it will have nothing but have improved, not that it had to in the past.
will fill you in as the weekend turns out
take care
zuck20 8)

smokingP

great shop

Post by smokingP »

this shop is great, unlike barneys. it can get a bit too packed at times but it still a nice place to go and chill and smoke some fine weed and hash. dont really like all the bullsh*t oceans 12 stuff they have but other than that it is a great shop. sometimes see famous people in there trying to act cool and pretending to smoke, when they no they cant. :lol:
antoniou

Post by antoniou »

I thought it was quite good. Dec 2005
morgie

Post by morgie »

I was here on the 4th April 2006. Didnt buy weed here but had a great time. The Barlady and the bud tender both seemed nice. The Decor is great. The place is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. I only stayed an hour and a bit but if i had more time i think that a day sitting in one of the seats by the window would be a great amsterdam experience. This place should be in anyones top five coffeeshops to visit in the Dam
zuck20

Post by zuck20 »

Hello,
i recently returned from the dam, its been over a year since i have been there. i walked into the dampkring like nothing changed, seeing old faces and friends. I couldnt get enough drinks, since they were pretty much on the house, and reciprocated as usual.when I bought 20€ of buddah sister my old favorite , however, friday nite i asked the dealer what does he recomend for me, is exact words" i got the boom shanga-lang din dong for you" it was the mako, and it requires a seatbelt.
all in all had a great time my girlfriend doesnt smoke, but really like the vibe and the white wine.
take care all
Steve444555

Nice Shop

Post by Steve444555 »

Visited 9May06. This is a very nice shop. It has a good vibe for an older couple. Music was well chosen and at a reasonable level. Beer was good and cheaper than most other coffee shops that sold beer. Had a good mix of people.
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

I was there last week and as the first customer through the door I received a very warm welcome and on purchasing some Stella Blue me and my other half was offered a free round of drinks.

Agree that it can get busy, therefore my advice is hit it early mid week if possible.

I have never been disappointed with the hash/weed but it is quite expensive.
Married2Marijuna

Post by Married2Marijuna »

The most extensive list of moroccan hash I've seen , nice decor too
Tugboat

Post by Tugboat »

My first visit to Amsterdam & my coffeeshop. Arrived at Centraal Station and started walking toward our hotel. Nice shop got there about 11. Not very crowded at first quiet really. Made my way to the dealer and asked for a recommendation, he asked how stoned I wanted to get and I told him I was juts getting started and he pulled out some weed and said this will make you fell good and still be able to find your hotel.

a hour hour later I was good and high and within 10 minutes 40-50 people came in the shoppe, must have been regulars, as they watched my table like hawks watching prey. We decided it was time to find our hotel so off we went. The weed was good but gave me serious cotton mouth which did not happen the rest of the trip, also I felt like the gm. was not that good, got some fat bags later that were much better. Tried the WW and Bubblegum, both very good both from other shoppess. I might try them again in A-Dam its a nice shop, but got way 2 busy for a couple of newcomers.
cannibistourist

Post by cannibistourist »

one of the dealers treated me great kept pushing that amnesia haze the nyc diesal was good the riffman hash was better!
its to damn hot out!
fattybunbattyreeferblunt

Post by fattybunbattyreeferblunt »

i enjoyed Dampkring alot, me and my mate bought some NYC Diesel from there and it was probs the best bud i smoked over there =] the bar maid was real friendly and will defo go back when i visit again
see_delight

Post by see_delight »

The Dampkring is a pretty cool place. It's very busy most of the time, they have 2 screens that constantly loop the Dampkring scene in Oceans Twelve. A little crazy. My favorite weed of the entire trip was here, the Neville's Haze. I'll definitely be visiting again next time I'm in Amsterdam.
d3lt4-9

Post by d3lt4-9 »

Dampkring was the only place besides Grey Area where I've actually had to wait in line to buy bud on more than a few occasions. There's good reason for this. The menu's huge and the bud and hash awesome. It's gonna be a real shame when they have to stop serving alcohol.
VP.

Post by VP. »

This is the first shop I ever went to, and I've been back each time since. I don't think it's the *best* coffeeshop around, but it's definitely got it's strong points.

The weed there is fantastic...my favorite strain so far in Amsterdam was their Amnesia Haze. Not sure about the guy hating on it a few posts ago, but it is definitely the tastiest weed I tried and the high was excellent as well. I'm not the best at rating the high though - everything seems to treat me about the same...or I guess I'm too fucked to noticed :)

Another great strain I love there is a local favorite of mine - Reclining Buddah. This could be had for only 7/gram which is pretty cheap. Actually REALLY cheap for what's considered an expensive shop. The Amnesia set me back I think 12/gram.

The dealer is pretty nice. One time he was a little short with me, but generally he's a good guy. It's usually pretty crowded like everyone says, but I found one weekday morning when I went there it was empty and I got one of the coveted window seats. There were some really nerdy older Americans trying to hit on the blonde bartender - telling really bad jokes - so she came over and sat at the window with me and the cat instead. Definitely my favorite memory of the shop :)

One other bad thing...their bongs are absolute shite. Seriously - don't even ask for it. It's a little stinky plastic one-piece job. The weedtender joked with me when I asked for it, but I didn't want to look like a tool and say I didn't want it.
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

There were some really nerdy older Americans trying to hit on the blonde bartender
This nerdy old American's best pickup line from way back in the day:

"You don't sweat much for a fat girl".

Yes indeed.