Greenhouse

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Greenhouse

I like Greenhouse
73%
I don't like Greenhouse
27%

Total votes: 259

Rev

Post by Rev »

Im quite suprised people didn't find the GHE weed as good as others, I thought that they were up there with my other big 2 (Grey Area + Nes) in terms of quality, although on my first trip a few years ago I bought some Kali off of their Hydro menu and walked around with a stinking headache for the rest of the day so I've only bought from their Bio section the last few visits..maybe the Bio is better quality..who knows? (well I do..yes it damn well is!)

iamtheky

thumbs up

Post by iamtheky »

excellent bud, just purchased some jack herer and the something snow x2, both absolutley retarded. Nice guy at the counter with excellent Jack pre-rolled made the walk from the Hilton that less painful.
iamtheky
d3lt4-9

Post by d3lt4-9 »

I think The Greenhouse is definitly a top dog for gear in Amsterdam. Arjan's Ultra Haze is phenomenal. I bought 3 grams of their Great White Shark and it looked like 6. Great decor in the one on OZV too.
DrGonzo

Post by DrGonzo »

I find it a little Impersonal....

Can't grumble at the quality though.
When the going gets weird, the weird get going!
Jack Herer

Post by Jack Herer »

Ive always had good experiences in Greenhouse Centrum, friendly, reasonable prices and some dam fine weed. Ive never had a bad batch from here, the hawiaan snow i had was sublime, you light one of those up and everyone will look to see what your smoking, such a defined smell!!

They didnt have any last time, i ended up chatting to the dealer for over an hour about legalities of growing in dam and why certain strains arent always available and god knows what else!!

Nice people, nice place..... always gets my vote
Space Boy

Post by Space Boy »

Voted 'Yes' but I've had two very different experiences there. In G/H Centrum bought some bubble gum which was rubbish. But in GHE bought some Sage which was excellent - plus I liked the bard itself. So would go back to GHE.
"Did you have a good world when you died?
Enough to base a movie on?"

James Douglas Morrison
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Just thought I’d point out that Greenhouse Effect (GHE) is not actually part of the Greenhouse chain (Centrum, Namaste and Tolstraat).
rks0

Post by rks0 »

Popped into Centrum briefly on a stopover. I was only after a pre-rolled as I was flying out in a few hours, but they had none! Not a single pre-rolled at all. They were also out of Kali Mist which was also disappointing. It was a wet Wednesday morning so I got chatting to the budtender, and asked what strong sativa they had that he recommended. He mentioned Hawaiain Snow, but said it was too strong- they'd had people pass out he claimed! Dubious as I was as to this boast, I ended up buying some, and it proved to be a fine smoke- don't know about the passing out bit though!
He was good enough to give me a packet of papers for free, so he got my vote!
allsmiles

Post by allsmiles »

The Kali Mist and Arjans haze were excellent, but the prices on weed and beer were quite high
pickapocket

Post by pickapocket »

I like the vibe in GH Centrum. I find it very much more bar like and a bit livelier, ideal for a night time lock in session. I fear the place may lose some of its appeal following the booze ban at the end of the month.

I have visited twice in the last month and found the service from an English Asian budtender to be absolutly top drawer. I asked him for a gram of Arjans Haze and he basically said that he had better for less money and showed me a box of Amnesia Haze, this was top drawer, sticky and full of crystals. I ended up getting 3 grams of it in the end.
Matt_B

Post by Matt_B »

I have never been able to get a seat in GH Centrum, but the weed here is very good. I wanted to ty the Arjan's Ultra Haze (last year's cup winner) but they were sold out. In fact, they were sold out of a lot of different strains, so I asked the budtender what was the best of what they did have! He pointed me toward another of the Arjan's hazes which certainly hit the spot, a very strong high indeed. Greenhouse Centrum is definately one of the best places to buy weed in and around the RLD imo.
mr morrell

Post by mr morrell »

Was very stoned last night and was pleased to get here. Its a very chilled out environment with very chilled out staff, small space inside but comfy seating, and they do a mean hot chocolate. Fantastic Diesel - lovely taste and it barely touched the sides! Light but not tickly like some can be...very highly recommended...mmm! And they were playing some Cuban music which rounded it off nicely - I'm not a big fan of listening to chart hits when I'm having a smoke.
John Steed
mr morrell

Post by mr morrell »

Just to be sure, my last post was about Greenhouse Namaste as it seems that this thread covers the whole chain. Today we checked out the original one in Tolstraat and that is top notch - same menu, styling and vibe, just a lot bigger. Again the staff were friendly and the smoke of a pretty high order, I got a gram of Arjun's Haze No.1 to start, which is a strong smoke, fairly heavy - probably not the best to begin with, but I'd read loads about it and was keen to have a go. Then, my girlfriend bought us some Alaskan Ice (which had a great taste, a bit like Jack Herrer), Hawaiian Snow (nice taste again, quite a happy high) and a bit of hash whose will remain unknown as she forgot and its the only bag with no name. I'll smoke that later anyhoo

Overall, Greenhouse have got it pretty much nailed down for me - comfortable surroundings with good music and friendly staff who do not hassle you in the slightest. Their smoke is good quality that just about justifies their prices, and there's a good selection.
John Steed
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

I've been to the Centrum and Namaste. On my first trip my main guidance was the High Times cup winners. I spent a lot of time in these shops on my first trip, and was given directions to a rave housed in an old warehouse from one of the waitresses at Namaste. I realized after this that I might have limited myself on a lot of great shops though.

That being said Centrum remains one of my favorites in the centre. I found the staff helpful and the bud good, albeit somewhat overpriced. I liked the beer they had on tap, when I was there last. If you can get a seat, it can be a nice place to hang out for a while. As they are not serving alcohol any more, I probably won't be going back so much. But, if you're nearby, and need a cool place to smoke, you could do worse.
MsLed

Post by MsLed »

OK their weed is a little more expensive but it is good. This is the kind of place ( Namaste and the original, central way too hectic for me) you buy an exciting gram of something for a special treat and then chill. The surroundings are really nice, seats you can lie down in and really chill. They have an award winning menu and the weed is really good.

The budtender from the original GH was chatty and friendly and we bumped into him elsewhere and he recognised us and had a chat, which was sweet of him.

The original Greenhouse is actually my favourite place to chill. I travel around the coffeeshops with a couple of big bags from somewhere like Central and then just buy little gram bags of stuff to sample, and the Greenhouse NYC Diesel is the one I liked most from GH.

I don't think they should be rated as a whole, as the three shops atmospheres are so different. Also the Greenhouse Namaste did he best hot chocolates ever! :lol:
Mrs Peel