Green Place 2 (formerly Picasso and Amsterdamned)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Picasso

I like Picasso
90%
I don't like Picasso
10%

Total votes: 69

AzLaker

Green Place 2 (formerly Picasso and Amsterdamned)

Post by AzLaker »

ACD page: Green Place 2

Arrived at Picasso 10/15, first shop to see Sat morning. Great staff behind the counter. Linda was the lady's name, can't remember her partner's name, great guy. Bought a gram of Orange Bud and upstairs we went to burn one, nice view. Great taste and very nice buzz to start the day.

If you never do, you'll never know.
Boner

Post by Boner »

I'm a fan of Picasso's ~ I've tried the Orange Bud (very sweet) and the Poison (very stony) and both times the dealers were really nice, the first trip we made there the dealer gave the ladies a little stash tin each and we had a little bit extra weed chucked into the deal as well!
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
THE PUFFER

Post by THE PUFFER »

Picasso are always friendly, you can get a free breakfast depending on how polite you are and how busy they are, hash is always clean and uplifting...weed always works. Prices are better than most for what you get.
Boner

Post by Boner »

THE PUFFER wrote:Picasso are always friendly, you can get a free breakfast depending on how polite you are and how busy they are, hash is always clean and uplifting...weed always works. Prices are better than most for what you get.
The free breakfast is supposed to depend on how much € you spend.
THE PUFFER

Post by THE PUFFER »

I didn't know that. When I was there in October I just strolled in and asked for the breakfast before I'd even bought any weed!
Although only some nice Dutch bread and cheese & jam, it filled the gap perfectly.
Boner

Post by Boner »

THE PUFFER wrote:I didn't know that. When I was there in October I just strolled in and asked for the breakfast before I'd even bought any weed!
Although only some nice Dutch bread and cheese & jam, it filled the gap perfectly.
If I'd of known that I'd of been there everyday, nothing like something for free imo.
THE PUFFER

Post by THE PUFFER »

..forgot to mention the aforementioned sample!... :lol:

October 2005 -tried the 'Zero' hasj at 6 Euro a gram, very clean and easy to roll, no harshness on the throat, initially uplifting then settles into a nice stone and no 'sweatiness' around the eyes/forehead like some strong polms give me!! Better than any of the other samples tried at that price IMO.
Overall 8/10 :!:
patrick

Post by patrick »

anybody know if they have a vaporizer
jim and sonja

picasso

Post by jim and sonja »

We have been to amsterdam twice before but on our third trip we decided to use this place. We had passed it loads of times so we just popped in and found the friendliest people we have ever met in the dam. We were made to feel right at home and tried their pablo picasso mix and got blown away for hours, they even bought our drinks to the table (best seat in the window) can't beleive we never used this place before but we will make it one of our first for a smoke on the next visit. [/b]
MiT

Post by MiT »

Havent been in the Picasso since it became one shop (used to have one shop for hash one for weed). May have re-visit when im back in june.
Kaiser Saucy

Post by Kaiser Saucy »

Staff were very friendly & full of suggestions (eastern european guys)
The suggestion for a nice head high turned out to be thai grass...which turned out to be dry, stalky, and not very potent. I ended up using it as a mixer to top up my joints.

The shop itself i really liked, there was a real mix of people in there. Tourists, rasta's, suit and tie locals in from the office. Everyone was chatty and friendly & the shop was nice and cosy, sat upstairs watching the world go by through the street window.

I will be going back in January...the poor grass experience hasnt put me off, i'll go for Orange Bud next time it seems quite a few people like that stuff.
THE PUFFER

Post by THE PUFFER »

I've found all Thai in Dam to be a bit like that....try the Super-Thai for a head-high if you can get it. Although in saying this, Im not sure if Ive seen ST in Picasso.

Anyways, I shall be dropping in there (Picasso) next week and without question I will be buying both weit and hasj whilst there! In my humble opinion, it is by far one of the better coffeeshops in Amsterdam. Good friendly vibes coupled with good smoke always go well together! 8)
st0n3r

Post by st0n3r »

i can't say enough good things about this coffeeshop, friendliest place i know in amsterdam, top quality smoke, not too expensive nor to public/tourist attraction
greenking

Post by greenking »

this one is a small but nice shop the budtender is all way's nice and helpfull
last time a got some picasso weed and loved it a great smoke a must try in march. last time i was there making my way upstairs and tripped everyone wet them self's especially the locals, :lol:
peace to all who walk through greener fields
THE PUFFER

Post by THE PUFFER »

Been twice since my last post. :lol:

TOP MARKS as ever. They always look after me there. This place is my first and last stop of ALL my trips to Amsterdam. I couldnt imagine visiting Amsterdam and not going here.
Small but beautiful. Very friendly. Proper deals.

Try the POISON weed.