Kosbor (Maastricht)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Kosbor

I like Kosbor
86%
I don't like Kosbor
14%

Total votes: 14

cyber echo

Post by cyber echo »

Had another visit to kosbor today..
Menu seems to be shrinking, only like 2 types of indica and 3 of sativa.
Can't complain tho, its all good.
I bought a gram of Santa Maria at 8.5e/g. The staff were friendlier than usual, maybe because it was early and the shop was still empty.

The santa maria is great for the price, and they gave me 1.1g !
Still think this is the best shop in town..

cyber echo

Post by cyber echo »

Aight, here are the pics I promised.
I was at the kosbor yesterday and I bought some cannaloop (10eu/gr).
Very nice sativa.. very good for the price. Liked it more than the amnesia haze tbh.

Anyway, the pics:

NLX (indica) + Tbisla hash:
Amnesia Haze:
Cannaloop:
Enjoy !
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

thx @ cyber echo nice pics... do you tried the AMG Haze?
I agree with you that the Amnesia Haze is not so super at the moment. In 2008 the Amnesia was more Sativa (different to most of the Amnesia´s around). Now there is more Indica in it (very fruity but not so trippy like it was in 2008).

Normally they had a better high quality hash on their menu like Rif Gold (12,50€/g), Rif Delight, Super Rif and so on. The Tbisla is a more blonde one and the Rif hashes are darker oily ones...

And yes Kosbor is one of the best (maybe the best) coffeeshop in Maastricht. Coffeeshop Easy Going, Cool Runnings and Heaven 69 has sometimes very nice weed, too. Coffeeshop Black Widow have some nice hash (like King Hassan or Tbisla yam!)
Last edited by Marok21 on Fri 16th Apr 2010 08:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cyber echo

Post by cyber echo »

Visited the kosbor again today.
Got 1 gram of santa maria (8.5e) and 1 gram of Kasria Hash (8e).
The Kasria hash is great, better than the tbisla for 10e/g.

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I visited Maastricht two times since I wrote my last post... and yes Kosbor´s Cannaloop (10€/g) was nice... in my opinion it´s better than the Amnesia for the price (like cyber Echo said)... the Kasria was good, too. It was not so fresh but OK.
Last weekend I was there and they had only 1 sort of Weed (Santa Maria)... crazy there was something going on... on the menu was Amnesia, Cannaloop and so on but when I asked the Dealer he said they had only Santa Maria at the moment. It was so busy there so I can´t say what really was going on... I heard something of a crisis...

I asked the owner from Black Widow Shop and he don´t know that there was something going on. He said maybe Kosbor had bought not enough weed or something like that.
In the Shops around the Kosbor all was normal (Easy Going, Smoky)...

someone was there this week?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I was very surprised when I was there last week. They changed their adress now. The moved to the house next door. Completly new experience... the interior is completly new... it looks a little bit like a (house-electro) club.... now they have big lcd displays where u can see what´s on the menu. The dealere area is new, too. All the different strains are in transparent boxes behind a glass plate. I liked it very much but there is a big problem... the shop is now smaller than before... not many seats... and the shop is very busy and crowded.
But I think they renovate the old shop and make one big shop... next time I am there I will ask the personal about that...
Now they had Kush (11€/g) on the menu... nice strong indica. Also Cannaloop (10€/g) is on the menu again...
------------------------------------------------------------------
edit
yes they make one big shop when the old shop is renovated! Nice!
kush is now off the menu and Cannaloop costs 11€/g at the moment
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

now they had finished their renovations... and yes they made it very nice!
They made one big shop. Now it´s possible to have a joint without people staying around you waiting to buying their weed... The style of the shop is very modern with indian influences. They made it like a very big smoker area so you can smoke with tabak. Their are transparent walls around the smoker area and an automatic sliding door which opens when you wanna go in.
3 "Big" Lcd screens where you can whatch tv. I watched the football world championship quarter final (Germany/Argentina) there. Very nice experience... many germany football fans were there, too. And well the result of the game was nice, too :D On this day they had a special on 10% discount on weed and hash 8) because it was the opening day of the "new" shop.

They won a Highlife Cannabis Cup for their AMG (3. Place Hydro Haze)... it´s a G13 x Amnesia cross. But the quality was generally super nice on my last visits. Every strain looked very nice grown.

It´s a pity that maybe only dutch people get access to the coffeeshops in the border area... it don´t look good. But the coffeeshop owners I spoke with told me that they don´t think the goverment will do that. But they will make the rules tighter. So maybe they will make this coffeeshop pass system... we will see
felixxy

Post by felixxy »

yeah it's renovated now... But what i don't like is that you have to pay for your stuff in advance. You get a kind of number after paying and with that you'll have to catch your weed. And as there is a high variability in the strains, for me this shop it out of business now. Also the staff is ultra unfriendly high on something else and treats you like a sheep.
Try the White Widow from rastafari boni, its the best stuff in town.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

@felixxy they made the number system because sometimes it´s so busy there and all people waiting for there weed near the dealer area... so you can sit down and they bring the weed to your dish... also you can take a look on every strain at the Dealer´s counter and if you want they let you smell every strain...
Ok there works one woman who is not so friendly... but all the other people there are very nice and friendly.

I dont´like the Rastafari Boni Coffeeshop because they are so expansive 10€/g for WW, 15€/g for Hia Hash wich was very bad! ok it´s a long time ago since I was there maybe the prices changed...
the last time I was there I tried the Hia hash and wanted to roll a joint... but I wanted to roll it with weed from another coffeeshop so the owner said it´s only allowed to roll a joint from the weed they sell in his shop.
Never heard something like this :evil: so in my experience the staff from Rastafari Boni was very unfriendly but ok maybe the owner had a bad day...
felixxy

Post by felixxy »

when i tried their widow jack last time i was very disappointed. It was mild as hell and i had to smoke 1-2g till gettin' stoned. And that was not the first time. You are right i can take a look in the boxes, but when there is a long queue you loose your place doing so. And in the boxes from the indicas there were only gruis and no buds. I really had the feeling tt they covered the buds with 20g of pure leafs so you can't make the right decision.

@Marok21 have you really *always* been happy with the stuff you got from there? I know sometimes they really have a nice herb for 8,50 but as i said the quality dramatically changes in my eyes.
The white widow from Rastafari is still 10€ /g but it is always killer quality no changes. I never tried any other stuff there cause its really overpriced.
The Relax in Sittard is also a good example for a consistent quality. You don't have to take a look at the weed just order what you want and it is nice. But in Kosbor you have to be on alert, know what i mean?
Maybe we should do a tour together i noticed you might be also from NRW? :-)

Greetz
Chrisuperfly

Post by Chrisuperfly »

I am staying at the d'Orangerie the second week of Sept when I am there will have to try this place out.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

@felixxy I agree with you
the problem is that there are so many customers at the Kosbor... there is allways a very long queue. So you can´t imagine how many weed they sell a day. There are so many guys from Germany, Belgium, France...
The second problem is that the police hunt the growers in Zuid Limburg... it´s very hard for the shops in Maastricht to get consistent very nice quality.

I had their White Widow (was new on the menu) last time I was there. In the box it looked very nice all great big buds... but it was a bit to wet... it was not completely dried... so that was a good example for the quality problems. I think they don´t had the time to dry it completely.
One time I had a very mild batch of Widdow Jack like you had... the taste was nice but no real strong effect... but they had allways some great on their menu. And normally all their strains had nice quality.

Coffeeshop Relax in Sittard is one of the best shops in Zuid Limburg. Very friendly staff a nice menu and consistent good quality. But they have not even 10% of the customers than kosbor have... so it´s easier to get consistent good quality for them.

Yes I come from NRW :)
yes it would be a lot of fun to make a tour together 8) send me a private message
Chrisuperfly

Post by Chrisuperfly »

Heading back there again next week. In terms of quality this is about as good as it gets in Maastricht. Stuck with the Amnesia Haze for the most part when I was there in September. Tried the Cheese, not as good as the AH IMO. Tried a little over a gram of the Super Rif as well, very mellow not particularly stoney but, alright.

Looking forward to the Cannaloop and to see what the Amnesia Haze is like this time around.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

the quality of the weed looked good on my visit last week... nothing special but all strains looked like good quality...
I tried their Rif Hash (11,50€/g) nice quality... for me it was pretty strong. I smoked two bowles through a bong there... and well I was high for hours :shock: I was so high that I wasn´t able to smoke any weed for 2 hours :lol: when you heat the hash it bubbles like lava crazy for an maroccan hash.

Maybe I was so high because I only sleeped 3 hours the night before :D
The best weed on my trip I got from Heaven 69... the haze 1 was so sticky and stinky great. From smell I would say it was amnesia but not the phenotype you can get in nearly every coffeeshop...

The Amnesia from Smoky was nice, too. Nice cured sticky but the "normal" Amnesia you can get in nearly every shop.

@Chrisuperfly If you wanna try something different from the other strains going around. Try Coffeeshop Blackwidow they had some nice Black Widow on the menu. But check the quality before buying because quality changes weekly...
Chrisuperfly

Post by Chrisuperfly »

Marok21 wrote:the quality of the weed looked good on my visit last week... nothing special but all strains looked like good quality...
I tried their Rif Hash (11,50€/g) nice quality... for me it was pretty strong. I smoked two bowles through a bong there... and well I was high for hours :shock: I was so high that I wasn´t able to smoke any weed for 2 hours :lol: when you heat the hash it bubbles like lava crazy for an maroccan hash.

Maybe I was so high because I only sleeped 3 hours the night before :D
The best weed on my trip I got from Heaven 69... the haze 1 was so sticky and stinky great. From smell I would say it was amnesia but not the phenotype you can get in nearly every coffeeshop...

The Amnesia from Smoky was nice, too. Nice cured sticky but the "normal" Amnesia you can get in nearly every shop.

@Chrisuperfly If you wanna try something different from the other strains going around. Try Coffeeshop Blackwidow they had some nice Black Widow on the menu. But check the quality before buying because quality changes weekly...
Will do, thanks for the heads up!!