Kosbor (Maastricht)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Kosbor

I like Kosbor
86%
I don't like Kosbor
14%

Total votes: 14

Antonio Peri

Kosbor (Maastricht)

Post by Antonio Peri »

ACD Page: Kosbor

To say first: The Database for the Kosbor needs a small upate. They have an Award now. They have won the Highlife-Cup 2008, Category Coffeeshop Bio Haze No. 1 for their Amnesia Haze. http://www.highlife.nl/?id=174&title=Cup2008

I am a regular to the Kosbor https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Kosbor.html since years and it´s always been my No.1 Shop in Maastricht. But since one year or so, the whole thing became (first a litlle and then a lot) overcrowded. You don´t even have time to order properly or get a drink at the bar. Everyone of the staff seems stressed and busy.
It´s not a place to chill anymore. It´s just: Purchase and leave!

The weed and Hash is best quality like it´s always been in the Kosbor. I guess that´s their problem - they were just too good. One of the best qualities in weed and a big selection high quality hash. The prices were lower than, e.g., on the smokey-boat or at the easy going.
The prices went up now - but even more customers discover this shop. And the new Award won´t help to stop this trend.

I´m also a litlle disappointed, that they don´t sell ICE-O-LATOR and NYC-DIESEL anymore. I mean, the AMNESIA is really a great haze, but the price of 13,50 Euro for 1 g is also great. 10 Euro for 1 g NYC-DIESEL was a good deal.

My standard-weed I buy there is now WIDOW JACK - for 8,50 Euro. For years I bought K2 there for 6 Euro per g - until it disappeared from the list.

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Yes man Kosbor is one of the best (maybe the best) coffeeshop in Maastricht. They have a great selection of quality weed and hash. The Snowwhite (9€/g) is a new one on their menu... very good deal... big buds crystal covered hmmm nice... They also sell the Honullulu Haze (10€/g) which is a very good deal like the NYC Diesel before.

Here are some weeds and hashes from the menu:

Weed: Snow White (9€/g), Shiva (7,50€/g), Widdow Jack (8,50€/g) and NLX (8,50€/g), Honullulu Haze (10€/g), Amnesia Haze (13,50€/g) and another haze (dont remember).

Hash: Rif ("new" 10€/g), Caramello Gold (8€/g), Ice o Lator Hash (14,50€-17€/g), Rikja (or something like that 9€/g) and some more...

@Antonio Peri they have the Ice O Lator on their menu again... it comes and goes... very strong nederhash for a really cheap price for hash like that.
Antonio Peri

Post by Antonio Peri »

Great - they have ICE-O-LATOR again - I must have it.

The third Haze (you forgot the name) was Canaloop for 11,50 or so...
Antonio Peri

Post by Antonio Peri »

I´ve been to the Kosbor on Saturday and the ICE-O-LATOR and also the Snowball where off the menu. :(

But you where right about the Honululu- it´s really the same good deal like the NYC-Diesel was.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

yes man i saw it the last time... especially the ice o lator was really rare in Maastricht :( also its hard to find a good "normal" indica weed in Maastricht for a good price (Snowwhite was it :()....

but I found Jack Haze for 8,50€!!! at the Coffeeshop Slow Motion near the trainstation. But take a look at it sometimes its really nice and sometimes it´s really crap (not the same). But if it is good it is like the jack Haze for 12-13€ at Easy Going.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

The Ice O Lator is on the menu again (14,50€/g) :lol: ... and they had some other awesome new sorts of hash and weed on their menu:

Cheese Haze - 12,50€/g very stincky and crystal covered weed... best cheese I have seen in Maastricht.

Rif Delight Hash - 11,50€/g very nice hash... you can see the crystals wtih your eyes :shock: bling bling awesome! It is a little bit more darker brown with an very high oil content.

The Honullulu Haze and the Rif Hash are not on their menu now
Antonio Peri

Post by Antonio Peri »

Yes - cheese ist new - i saw it on saturday first. It was 12 Euro - the Honolulu was off the menu - again no ICE-O-LATOR. It was overcrowded like each weekend - but I had an nice conversation with a dutch guy who was also a reglular there.
kantharr

Post by kantharr »

Imo, this is a very good shop.
It is chilled atmosphere, good coffee and good weed.
I recently been there for the 3d time (25 october)and had :
A5 : it was 7 years ago i havent heard that name and it was there on the menu. couldnt resist it, up to the standards it was. super weird taste, sweet rashy taste as it should be. Made me say : i smoked that one before. my friend : yeah me too. all together : and i was stoned. reminded me of good souvenirs 10€/g and a good 8.5/10 It will be my last joint as well before going to the dam this sunday like the zakuski before the entire meal.
widow jack : very very decent smoke for 8.5€/g gotta have a go 8/10
cannaloop : i had this one everytime i got in on 6months length. the quality almost never changed. superb taste strong high. I really cant resist to try some more 11€/g 8.3/10

If you are in maastricht, I do recommend this coffeeshop a lot
rolling is an art of its own even fast gone
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

I have been to this shop occasionally since 2004, and they always have had quality gear. I will go along with the opinion that this is a decent coffee shop.
As previously stated, the shop is a major stop and not much room; buy and leave. With the onset of warmer weather, not such a big deal, I would prefer to be outside anyway. Still, it would be nice to once in a while be able to sit down, skin one and fire it up, and enjoy the atmosphere.
I stopped by in December 08 and bought the A5 at 12.00€ per gram. The gear was nice, but not worth the price. I stopped by again in January 09 and bought some Amnesia (on recommendation) for, get this, 13.50€ a gram. When I shared some with my friend, he said that this wasn't the same as he had gotten only a few days before. I guess he caught the last good re-up.
My only concern with the Kosbor, as with all shops, is the price. I have observed average gear such as Santa Maria go from 5.00€ a gram in 2004 to 8.50€ and 9.00€ in 2008. At this rate, coffee shops will truly be tourist only because they will be the only ones stupid enough to pay such ridiculous prices for average gear. And when premium prices are paid for average gear, what happens to the price of the top shelf stuff? I have heard recently (unconfirmed) that some shops are starting to charge 15€ a gram, for WEED! I would pay this price for average hash, ok, but weed?

I think I might return to gardening; much cheaper and a lot more enjoyable.
Peace
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I was there last week ;) good as everytime

Now they had 4 hazes on their menu: Cheese Haze (11,50€/g), Amnesia Haze (11,50€/g), A5 Haze (10,00€/g) and Canaloop Haze (11,50€/g)... so the prices go down! The quality of Amnesia is not so "super duper" ^^ as some months ago but it´s cheaper now and the quality is still very good...

They also had a new hash on their menu. The Rif delight was sold out 6 weeks ago now Rif Gold is on the menu for 12,50€/g. Blonde Hash really fine sieved... it smelled very sweet! nice maroc with an high oil content and a strong high.

p.s. the Widow Jack (8,50€/g) was top notch last week very hard crystall covered buds with a strong smell and a really good stone/high effect.

@DirtyUncleRon the weed prices in nl go up and up... because the police hunting now the growers in the nl. In some shops you notice that the menus are not so big in the moment (not in all shops)... the Willi Wortel Coffeeshops in Haarlem was one of the best coffeeshops with such an nice big menu but now they have only 3-4 sorts of weed... now the dutch guys go more to belgium and germany to grow the weed because the police is not so aggresive there at the moment. But in Maastricht it´s most of the time a little bit more expansive beacause it´s near to the german and belgium border... ah the good old days was so nice Super Skunk for 4€/g! now Super Skunk cost 7,50€/g! in Maastricht...

sry for my bad english ;)
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Marok21,
Thanks for the input. I had always thought the main reason for higher prices was due to the geographic location (Germany, Belgium, Luxembourg, and France).
I will state for the record that I am extremely grateful to those who provide the opportunity for me to purchase excellent gear. Maybe someday I will have the legal right to grow my own.
Later
R
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Update!

Cheese is not on the menu anymore :( but the Amnesia X for 11,50€/g is on the menu now.
The Amnesia Haze now costs 13€ and the Quality is really superb... it´s the best Amnesia I smoked in the hole netherlands... Bio grown, well cured, only nice hard sticky buds with an amazing nice different smell (not like the amnesia you get on the most shops) a little bit fruity and hazy. Not for nothing they had won the Highlife Cannabis Cup 2008 with their Amnesia Haze!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Coffeeshop Kosbor have won a new award on the High Life Cannabiscup 2009. They won the 2nd price for their Amnesia Haze (Hydro) and they got the 5th price for Amnesia Haze (BIO).

http://www.softsecrets.nl/forum/viewtop ... 3dce82e888

now they have c5 Haze on their menu for 11€/g
Last edited by Marok21 on Tue 7th Jul 2009 03:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

would be nice if you could do a picture of the menu next time you go....love looking at menus :)
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

yeah man I will try it... it´s not so easy because there are so many people most of the time. It´s a small and very busy coffeeshop...

I found a judge report from the Highlife Cup 2009:

http://www.softsecrets.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6450