Boerejongens Centre (formerly Stix)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Boerejongens Centre (formerly Stix)

I like Stix
88%
I don't like Stix.
12%

Total votes: 101

Max Flower

Boerejongens Centre (formerly Stix)

Post by Max Flower »

ACD Page: Boerejongens Centre

Note: This used to be one of two Stix shops. The other one is now called Solo. Some of these comments, including this first one, are actually about what is now Solo.

This fine little place on Krom Boomssloot is an often missed jewel. Stix is located on a narrow sleepy little 16th century canal just East of the bustling Nieuwemarkt. One of the shops specialties includes something called 'Gunpowder' which is unpressed trichomes that pack a hefty punch (Ye be warned).

This shop seems like an upscale place that reminds me of somewhere you may go after a long day at the office for a puff with the boss or something.

In nicer weather they open up a big window in the front of the shop that looks out onto an cool old warehouse from the 1600's, making Stix even more inviting.

Max Flower

Boner

Post by Boner »

Should of had a I love Stix option in the poll, this is probaly my 2nd favourite coffeeshop just behind Pink Floyds, last time I was over the Haze X G13 was amzing it actually made my brain sit on a tilt!

Here's a piccie I took of the view:

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
sonicblue

Post by sonicblue »

Stix deserves a place on the ACD map.
I've been to the one on Utrechtsestraat just off Rembrandtsplein which kind of reminded me of Amnesia on Herengracht. Both are clean and rather welcoming. Both had girl budtenders during my visits which is cool by me.

Here's a pic just outside of Stix on Utrechtsestraat. Stix is on the left side and not in the photo.

My thoughts are free.
Valo

Post by Valo »

Nice picture - that is a real cool view from this shop (helps with the hot girls on bikes too!). The shop itself was real nice with a real friendly dealer when I went in last trip.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
axeman9

Post by axeman9 »

I went to the Stix near the NieuwMarkt in September, The Shop was great, the products were superb and the female budtender was very polite and quite attractive. The Gunpowder was top notch and the Nepal Temple Ball was a delight to smoke.
One of my favourite C/Shops.

Axeman9 8)

Nice pic Boner, i sat in exactly the same seat. nice view
Flash Gordon approaching........
JayK

Post by JayK »

Definitely one of my favourites, very chilled, clean, not too touristy and great selection.

Went to both the shops and preferred the one near Niewmarkt (spelling?!) but the other one was really nice too, very friendly guy working there, just a little cramped and there were a couple of mental locals in there!

Can't wait to get back there, claim the window seat and chill out for an afternoon... :D
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Anyone got a map on how to get to this place sounds well worth a visit!
Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

Worsall wrote:Anyone got a map on how to get to this place sounds well worth a visit!
Click on the links that Max Flower provided. Thanks Max! Peace.
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Already check these and maybe I missing it but the ACD map does no seem to list it and there web site is very vague. I have been know to miss things though on more than one occasion!
JayK

Post by JayK »

To quote Doody on the reviews page :

"Cool little place just off the Nieuw Markt, down Koningsstraat from the Cafe Cuba (where they have the best mojitos). Go down to the first canal (Krom Booms Sloot) and you're there"
Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

Worsall, it is not on the ACD coffeeshop map. It in the link that Max provided to coffeeshop Stix. Here is the direct link since you can't seem to find it. http://www.stix.nl/map_amsterdam.html Peace.
Worsall wrote:Already check these and maybe I missing it but the ACD map does no seem to list it and there web site is very vague. I have been know to miss things though on more than one occasion!
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Thanks,

Sure I will find it now, look forward to sampling the Temple Ball
cheese

Post by cheese »

which stix is better? do both have the same gear??
Boner

Post by Boner »

cheese wrote:which stix is better? do both have the same gear??
Yes they have the same stuff as far as which ones better then thats just down to personal preferance, the one on Utrechtstraat is close to lots of other coffeeshops and on a tram line where as the other one over looks a canal.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
philly-Rich

Post by philly-Rich »

I really enjoyed both Stix shops.The temple ball was nice,but the gunpowder makes joints better or is good all by its self.Image