Willie Wortel's Sativa, Haarlem

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Willie Wortels Sativa.

I like Willie Wortels Sativa.
89%
I don't like Willie Wortels Sativa.
11%

Total votes: 56

BigRigRob

Post by BigRigRob »

Oh ya, I liked WW Sativa.
I too, could not figgure out the vaporizer. :oops:

"Stoners... the only thing that bakes at room temperature..."
bedge

Post by bedge »

thomaskmfdm wrote:Definitely stilled closed. Take the walk to Indica.
thanks mate i will try both his other shops. hopefully in july.
again thanks for the updated info.
all the best
bedge
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

any new info?? is it still closed?
GlesgaToker

Post by GlesgaToker »

Marok21 wrote:any new info?? is it still closed?
I heard it may open late august / early september, milehigh has said on a post on the board somewhere, here is the thread.

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5766
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

Any news Milehigh?

We're heading for Haarlem on the second day of our September trip anyway, but it would be nice if the closest WW was open by then... :wink:
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

DaveS wrote:Any news Milehigh?

We're heading for Haarlem on the second day of our September trip anyway, but it would be nice if the closest WW was open by then... :wink:
September 18th the Sativa reopens with a new design. There will be a tobac smoking area where the bar was and an enlosed carryout only counter in the front. I would head over to the Birdy in lieu of Sativa being closed.
U-Roy

Post by U-Roy »

^^ WOW NICE TO HEAR!
I'll be in Haarlem on september 20! I am lucky!
I was planning to go to the Indica only, but I guess I'll do both, great!

Milehigh, quick question: do you have a link where I can check the indica menu? All I can find is like 1/3 years old, is it updated somewhere? I'd love to see that before I go.

Peace
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

Great news on the re-opening as I certainly want to try this place on my next trip!.

Thats assuming I do finally make it to Haarlem on the fifth go of trying lol.
DaveS

Post by DaveS »

Shame we'll be there before it re-opens (friends birthday that Saturday) - I wanted to show him a little taste of Haarlem while we were there for the weekend.

I've never been to the Birdy before... though to be fair, most of my last trip to Haarlem was lost in WW Indica... 8)
BigRigRob

Post by BigRigRob »

Ahhhhhh,..................Haarlem dreaming................ 8)

"Stoners... the only thing that bakes at room temperature..."
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

is it open now? Anyone have new infos?

whats on the menu there? what have changed in the shop?
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

Marok21 wrote:is it open now? Anyone have new infos?

whats on the menu there? what have changed in the shop?

Yes it re-opened on September 19th. No more drink bar, only vending machines. They walled off the back area for tobacco smokers and the front counter is still the same. The whole place got a paint job inside and out. The menu is typical.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Thanks great to hear that :D I have very nice memories of Haarlem and the different Willi Wortel Shops :wink:

on my next holidays i will go to amsterdam or haarlem and check out the new WW sativa shop
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Thumbs Up

Post by ed the head »

I first went to Willie's in March 08 on a tip from a British tourist I met while staying at the Bulldog Hotel the previous year. He said the trip was worth it, and truer words were never spoken.

I usually get in ungodly early from JFK, arriving in town about 7 AM :shock: . On this trip, I figured, let me pop down to Haarlem before I go to my hotel in Amsterdam. I wound up having to wait until 9 AM for them to open. Haarlem is a nice town walking around, but it's a little cold in March so I found a nice cafe to sit and wait.

At 9:00.01 I arrived back at Willie's, very impressive. Overwhelmed with a myriad of menu choices, I asked the budtender what his softest hash was. He showed me some super sweet morrocan and I got a huge piece. It was about the size of a credit card and about 1/4 inch thick ...WOW ... trust me, this doesn't happen in the U.S. If I recall, I spent about 90 euros. I still had on my 'business' cloths (avoids hassle in US airports) AND I had my luggage in tow. Despite these two obvious tourist tip off's, the staff was friendly and welcoming and I was made to feel like a regular.

Anyway, I also scored a small amount of weed (TOO small! 8) ), and was VERY pleasantly surprised to get a discount based on volumn.

After the long flight, train ride and unanticipated waiting time, I was READY to party, so I sat down and rolled a big fatty, mixing the weed and hash. It was SO good I almsot get high just remembering it!

It's a large space, so those who experience claustrophobia will appreciate it. The staff was very friendly, I recall the barmaid being very friendly and helpful in picking out a bong to borrow. I stayed a couple of hours and wound up hanging out with a peculiar German who was visiting from Laos. It was cool until he started showing me photo's of all the girls he could buy there (YIKES!)

This stay in Holland was a long trip, but the hash held out for the entire 6 days. I definately plan on going back, and buying more weed along with the hash this time.

WORTH THE TRIP :idea:
He who tries to shine dims his own light
deplana

Post by deplana »

Sorry guys but I wasn't pleased with their weeds.

I tried recently one of their indica (Shiva I guess): it was not that special. And the guy at the counter wasn't aware at all of the genetics of the other weeds as I asked him information about these.

The place instead is nice. Give it a visit.

peace
deplana