Hashtag (ex. Barney's Lounge)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

i like Barney's lounge?

very much
43%
it's ok
36%
could be better
6%
just forget about it!!!
15%

Total votes: 157

Darksecrets999

Re: Barney's Lounge

Post by Darksecrets999 »

Went in here to buy some of their famous Dr Grinspoon but they were out of stock and the budtender told me that they hadn't had any for around 3 months and probably won't be getting any anytime soon. I bought some liberty haze instead and I like the fact they stick a label according to which strain you've putlrchased into your baggie.

bobsy852

Post by bobsy852 »

The second coffeeshop I visited as I heard this place has a lot of Volcanos to use.
There wasn't one on every table as I'd been lead to believe but they had 3-4 in the shop.

The guy behind the bar seemed to be racing around at 100mph despite it being quiet. He came across as though he didn't have the time to be telling somebody who is new to weed what to buy. I asked for a weak joint for my fiance but I wanted to use a Volcano with the leftover weed I had from somewhere else. The guy said this was fine and offered me a grinder to borrow as they had none left to sell.
I sat down at a table and my fiance and I looked forward to chilling out for an hour or two playing the board games they had available.

However, there was no Volcano bags/valves or anything like that on the table.
So I went back to the bar and asked if he had any of that stuff to allow me to use the Volcano and he said I had to bring that with me.
This resulted in my fiance and I taking a walk to azarius to buy a bag and valve. They then sold me just a bag saying the valve was inside. It wasn't. So we never went back.

If the guy had been a bit more helpful I think we may have stayed here a while and spend a fair bit. Instead we felt we wasted a couple of hours of our holiday wandering around trying to buy equipment that we would only use once (and failing at that too).

Overall this put a real dampner on our afternoon.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Sorry you had a bad experience, but it just shows that my resolve never to darken Barney's door was the right one to make. I don't like dismissing things without trying them even once, so that's a distinction I've reserved for that shop, Starbucks and football matches. When people said they didn't mind the high prices because of the vapes on every table and the service, at least you were getting value for money, if that's what you like. But with recent reports being more hit than miss, I don't get the appeal at all. That sort of thing is pretty outrageous. It also shows that you should always remember that the best thing about Amsterdam isn't the smoke so much as the freedom, and that includes freedom of choice. Never forget you're the customer, not in the entitled-to-false-obsequiousness sense, but as an agent with cash. You choose where to spend it, and if it doesn't appeal, you say goodbye politely and exit. You're not in takeitorleaveit town any more.
Skull_Kid1888

Post by Skull_Kid1888 »

No great fan of Barneys myself, but whenever I have frequented the place, buying some weed and borrowing apparatus to use their Volcanos has never been a problem.
It's all about THC for me.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

bobsy852 wrote: Fri 18th Aug 2017 10:50 am However, there was no Volcano bags/valves or anything like that on the table.
So I went back to the bar and asked if he had any of that stuff to allow me to use the Volcano and he said I had to bring that with me.
This resulted in my fiance and I taking a walk to azarius to buy a bag and valve. They then sold me just a bag saying the valve was inside. It wasn't. So we never went back.
hmmm strange... maybe it was just a misunderstanding or the dealer was simply an asshole. Never heard that you have to bring the bag and valve with you. I am also not a fan of Barneys but I used one of their volcano for the first time ever and the super friendly dealer took the time to show me how it works. Also in my other visits the service was pretty good there and well they had bags and valves to borrow. Sounds really like u were unlucky with that stupid dealer or they have a new policy now :?
Bsmith420

Post by Bsmith420 »

Was in here last week and had been planning to try their cookies kush, until a regular in front of me asked what was fresh and was shown the tangerine dream so I bought a g of it instead as it was big dense fresh gorgeous buds. And the high didn't disappoint! One of the few strains that really hit hard on the trip. Wanted to sit down for a coffee but it was packed which gutted me a little. Prices are ridiculous here though when you look at the prices of boerejongens around the corner!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Was in the area last week and popped in to use their Volcano, I always like this shop as it's never too busy and it's never smokey. I got some Tangerine Dream, price escapes me, which was ok. The budtender hadn't smoked weed in 5 weeks, good for him, I was impressed considering he works in a CS.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Barneys Lounge dated October 30, 2019. Thanks to Alex.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Barneys/ ... rneys.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
baked.com

Post by baked.com »

I stopped in here on my first night in Amsterdam, was nearby so decided to check it out again as its been a few years since I was last in here, I purchased a gram of Tangerine Dream and a fruit juice, the weed was nice and tasty to smoke and gave me a great head buzz, don't think it was as nice as the last time I had it but maybe that was just me thinking that, sat here for a while smoking and looking out the door and enjoying my spliffs, some nice dude gave me about 1/2 gram of his blue cheese, he was flying home the next morning so didn't need it , if your reading this thanks again bro 8) , it's a nice chilled coffeeshop with a cool interior and nice seating, this is a nice place to chill, very expensive weed and hash menu though it is mostly decent quality
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Got 1.5 g of dr greenspoon last night usual story look and smell bad but great uplifting effect 9/10
Junglist Movement

Post by Junglist Movement »

Closest coffeshop to where we were staying. Know its a tourist trap but went in anyway. Budtender slapping the counter and shouting 'next' was a massive turn off.

Checked out the cookies kush which looked damp and smelled of grass. Saw the price tags and pretty much got the fuck out of there.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

3 weeks ago
First time for me in this coffeeshop and I have to say I really liked my stay there. Very laid back relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. But as I heard from the conversation of the staff it was a pretty quiet day with less customers than usually and so it seems that I was only pretty lucky :mrgreen:
Also the current hash menu of Barneys is much more appealing to me than a few years back. They have a lot of new hashes on it and personaly I tried the Lava Cake and Zkittles Maroc filtered hashes which were of very good quality especially the Lava Cake hash. While I also heard some good things about their current batch of Glookies hash (12€/g) but sadly it was not in stock at the moment :? The budtender recommended me the Apple Fritter hash (14€/g) instead which looked pretty good so I went for it.

Apple Fritter hash (14€/g) - Pretty dark oily sticky stuff but not to much moisture in it like I saw with some batches of dark sticky hash that were around from time to time. On the menu it says its "filtered full melt hash" and indeed it bubbles very strong when touched by the flame. Pleasant smell/taste of the used genetics kind of fruity lemony with a strong effect more on the indica side to me. Overall nice strong sticky hash liked it :D
Only bad thing is the kind of "parchment paper" they use to wrap the hash. Fibers of the parchment paper stick to the hash which isn´t really nice :?
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

It seems like that Barneys Lounge is not in business anymore.

Now the place is called "Coffeeshop Hashtag" and seems to be the runned by moroccans which were also connected with coffeeshop El Guapo in the past. I saw on Instagram some pics of their Jelly hash and some moroccan hash which looked lovely :mrgreen:

Barneys Lounge wasn´t a bad coffeeshop but so we have more variety again which is nice.

I will try to visit them on my next trip to Amsterdam :D
Not_the_monk

Re: Hashtag (ex. Barney's Lounge)

Post by Not_the_monk »

First new menu for what is now Coffeeshop Hashtag dated 1 August 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Anon.

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Hashtag ... shtag.html

Marok21

Re: Hashtag (ex. Barney's Lounge)

Post by Marok21 »

The shop was packed when we visited. It seems like that they kept the interior of Barney's Lounge which is still fine in my opinion. They had a Volcano vaporizer but it was not plugged in. Barneys Lounge also had a volcano I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same one.

I asked the friendly enough female budtender if she could give me an advice for some nice tasty classic moroccan hash. She showed me the Honey hash (14€/g) and Tidghine (10€/g). The Tidghine looked very tempting especially for the price so I tried it.

Tidghine (10€/g) - Creamy more blonde piece of hash which needs a bit of handwarmth to get soft. Bubbles well when touched by the flame. Smooth to smoke with an intense classic moroccan taste. Effect is more on the body and relaxing.
For 10€/g a nice tasty smoke and taste wise a bit different to many other moroccan hashes that I tried in the last time... I was happy to find that :D

The coffeeshop is worth a visit in my opinion. Like I said in my previous post I think that they are connected with the old El Guapo Coffeeshop or maybe the same guys. Unfortunately, the shop was very full when we were there. But I think that was mainly due to the gay pride that took place that day. On a normal day the shop could be a nice quiet place away from the hustle and bustle of the city.