Hashtag (ex. Barney's Lounge)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

i like Barney's lounge?

very much
43%
it's ok
36%
could be better
6%
just forget about it!!!
15%

Total votes: 157

kantharr

Hashtag (ex. Barney's Lounge)

Post by kantharr »

ACD Page: Hashtag (ex. Barney's Lounge)

This coffee is a barney that's for sure.
I had the following ones :
G13 : very very good and strong as usual but still i didnt have the same effect as the last time 8.9/10
Crimea Blue : strong indica, strong... yummy 8.6/10
also had a joint of sweet tooth : as usual sweet, nice strong high 8/10
We have different opinions about barney's menu, i still think it is a bit expensive but it is worth.
But in this shop, I have to say a lot about the budtender.
Friendly, caring, knowledgeable and all what makes a good one i guess.
But this guy amazed me.
We were chilling after a first smoke. A couple went out and suddenly, the budmate walk out with a mobilephone looking after them as they obviously forgot it.
I never saw someone leaving the entire counter with no one behind (even for 2 min) So i give a big mention to this guy and his caring.
A good place to stay

Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

not sure if this was the place we were in but they didnt sell drugs but food and allowed you to smoke there product from shop across the road so first mate got a breackfast 13 euros we sodded off and went to a cheaper place but came back got our smoke was expensive and not as good as other trips the utopia haze at 17 euros was alright but without a dout this shop is over priced odds on wont come back here next time but this place was a gem
smoked stuff from other coffeeshops there smoked with tobacco in spliffs bloke didnt mind and offered hot chocolate free as he was a few mins late with it we sort of used this place as a base camp and we bloody loved those hot chocolates overall loved this place
Matt_B

Post by Matt_B »

Went here for the first time in January and it really is in a lovely location. The interior is nice and simple and a good place to chill in the daytime, I probably prefer it to the original and it is definately quieter. I had the Hawaiian Snow which was a tasty sativa with a good clear high, but you can almost certainly get better weed for less elsehwere.
Trichome_Dense

Post by Trichome_Dense »

I miss their pancakes - oh those pancakes ... hmmmm
liquidSwords

Post by liquidSwords »

Pancakes with a legal splif!!!
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....
Trichome_Dense

Post by Trichome_Dense »

liquidSwords wrote:Pancakes with a legal splif!!!
Effin magic! Still too expensive tho!
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

talking about them pancakes! WTF happend wit them it was the reason i went and eat there aint goin back to eat anything from there!! :cry:
Trichome_Dense

Post by Trichome_Dense »

Adamster wrote:talking about them pancakes! WTF happend wit them it was the reason i went and eat there aint goin back to eat anything from there!! :cry:
Why? They were too expensive? - or - they were not as nice as before?

Please explain!
Boner

Post by Boner »

Adamster

Post by Adamster »

Trichome_Dense wrote:
Adamster wrote:talking about them pancakes! WTF happend wit them it was the reason i went and eat there aint goin back to eat anything from there!! :cry:

Please explain!
what i mean is that back in 2001-2003 they had FAT pancakes now days they sell them FLAT pankes! aint paying 8euro for paper tin pancake that will make me hungry 5 min later!
for the price i reathe eat the one from MCdonals at 2-3 euros mid-sieze pancakes.
RR

Post by RR »

My favorite coffeshop in all of Dam !!

Stunning interior, nice modern feel, the ceiling is Piana black and the entrance has like a starry sky light set up, ie you feel as though you looking outside !!

The smoke is genrally top notch, but maybe a bit pricey.

The best feature of this bar was the Budtender.

Kuram is the budtenders name (has a pony tail ) guy is a legend, very helpful , extremely welcoming and has a great taste in underground hip hop !

definatly buy G13xhaze and the BLue kush Cheese !! and get a mango milkshake !!

If you only get to stop at one coffeshop make sure its this one !

ps free vaporisers and bongs to use.

I love this place and planning to hit it running in september
! light that isht !
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

Adamster wrote:
Trichome_Dense wrote:

Please explain!
what i mean is that back in 2001-2003 they had FAT pancakes now days they sell them FLAT pankes! aint paying 8euro for paper tin pancake that will make me hungry 5 min later!
for the price i reathe eat the one from MCdonals at 2-3 euros mid-sieze pancakes.
im pretty sure the flat pancakes are european style pancakes. much different than what you get here in north america. i think yea they are thin but you get more of them to make up for it. someone correct me if im wrong. some people like the euro style better...some like the north american version better. personally i like both. a nice thin pancake with linginberry butter..or a nice american pancake with butter ans ugar.mmmm.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Saynt

Post by Saynt »

cantona7 wrote:
Adamster wrote:
Trichome_Dense wrote: Why? They were too expensive? - or - they were not as nice as before?

Please explain!
im pretty sure the flat pancakes are european style pancakes. much different than what you get here in north america. i think yea they are thin but you get more of them to make up for it. someone correct me if im wrong. some people like the euro style better...some like the north american version better. personally i like both. a nice thin pancake with linginberry butter..or a nice american pancake with butter ans ugar.mmmm.
I would have to concur. Pancakes are just damn good especially after you wake up do a bong rip, take a shower , then take another bong rip, and then sit down to a plate full of pancakes smeared with whipped butter and dripping with blueberry syrup. Yum! One helluva way to start a day!
One Love!
djdalite

Post by djdalite »

i gotta say the syrup in the dam makes me want to hurl

is there anything similar to say a real maple syrup - mrs buttersworth or log cabin? i love the style and texture of the pancake but cant eat it do to the flavor of the syrup -its almost like blackstrap molasses
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

I had the Irish Breakfast both times we did breaky at Barneys.

The Mrs tried both pancakes, the banana and the apple separately. She preferred the apple.

Both are pancake roulades, that means... pancakes sliced in half and rolled up.

The Mrs said the pancakes were satisfactory, but she highly preferred the pancakes at the Pancake Bakery.

Smoke a fatty, sit on the patio, enjoy the day and have a huge Euro-style pancake that is filling.

To be fair, there's no reason to rip on Barneys pancakes, they are a fine food.

But Barneys menu is designed to be chic and hip in presentation and portion size.

Food was really good everywhere we went except for the sports pub by Boom Chicago.
Amsterdam dreaming.............