Jolly Joker

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like the Jolly Joker ?

yes
69%
no
31%

Total votes: 42

MiT

Post by MiT »

Yeah, honest enough to say soap bar on the menu. Someone must have been buying it. :shock:

Smell my cheese you mutha!
colinzeal

Post by colinzeal »

The Jolly Joker is nicely decorated and when there in june seemed the most appealing of the coffeeshops on the busy Nieuwmarkt.

Tried their Amnesia at €9.50 which was quite good and tasted great. Good viewing out the window, the tender gave good advice to novices but was very strict on ID.
godhed

Post by godhed »

Don't buy smoke there but I enjoy the view from the upstairs window and the Jolly Joker lighters make good, cheap souvenirs.
hardboiled

Post by hardboiled »

their Jack Herer was quality for 7.5e

steady place. Although the budtender chick wasn't very friendly come to think of it.
freewheelin frank

Jolly Joker

Post by freewheelin frank »

One of my favorite...I have never bought weed there but always buy plenty of drinks...they have never said anything to me for buying the drinks and going upstairs to smoke my hash...when in town, I visit once a day...around quitting time and just sit upstairs having great coffee, smoking a bowl and people watching...
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Only been in once way back in 98 but i liked it ! budtender was friendly , helpfull told us about a nice bakery near by and said we could take our goodies back there to munch !

Thumbs up :wink:
-
cornish pixie

Jolly joker

Post by cornish pixie »

Visited the jolly joker back in 1996. My first experience of Amsterdam and a coffeeshop. I really liked the place and the atmosphere seemed relaxed with a steady number of people visiting. Sat downstairs opposite the bar and bought some super pollom which was a really nice smoke.( if my memory serves me well ) Will visit again this September to see if any changes have taken place over the years.
"If you can, then do "
A Leprechaun

Re: Jolly Joker

Post by A Leprechaun »

Stayed in the apartment above the the Jolly Joker within the last few weeks,apartment was great for its location and the views from the many windows were outstanding, worth the money alone,but was refused service at the coffeeshop as I had chosen to put my passport in a safe place[are'nt Tourists/ visitors always advised not to carry their passport around] as opposed to carrying it around with me,they would'nt even allow us to buy a coffee.[we are in our late 40s by the way].The cafe De Zon beside the jolly joker allows you to smoke tobacco inside and also has a great view,I would imagine that you may be able to toke in the patio area 8) but there are some decent coffeeshops in the area.
if you cant eat it drink it smoke it or snort it then feck it it mad sweeney
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

The Jolly Joker has a perfect location at Niewmarket Square. Probably only a few minutes walk from the metro station this area is very beautiful, with lots of activity and events occurring throughout the year. The entrance is surrounded by window space, so that the view is made available to all. With that luxury you can watch the world go by in Imax fashion.

Wooden tables are surrounded by hard wooden chairs and stools, spread around the main floor. Not a great range and not the best for comfort but they do well for a busy shop to get everyone in and sitting down. There is also a second floor, which has an open view that allows you to watch the front of the shop. A man who looked like he might be the owner was shouting a lot in the back area with his staff member, which we found quite disruptive to the environment. He also went on to shout on the phone quite loudly and then ask me to move from my seat so he could get into the cellar. Other than that the customer service was adequate from the server.
http://www.CoffeeshopsRated.com - We have rated over 50 Coffeeshops now!!
Dreadlock-Boy

Post by Dreadlock-Boy »

Bought my last gram from here before getting the train to the airport. White widow, skinned it into 2 joints and smoked fairly nicely. The bud tender was hot, and the coffee shop was fairly large. 6/10
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Not the greatest weed selection but a great shop for gazing out over the square and people watching. Nice atmosphere and usually good tunes :D
Zloc

Post by Zloc »

Fuck this shop the 1st thing the bitch said was you have 2 buy weed 2 sit in here, rude service I walked out and will never come back
matty223

Post by matty223 »

A Leprechaun wrote:Stayed in the apartment above the the Jolly Joker within the last few weeks,apartment was great for its location and the views from the many windows were outstanding, worth the money alone,but was refused service at the coffeeshop as I had chosen to put my passport in a safe place[are'nt Tourists/ visitors always advised not to carry their passport around] as opposed to carrying it around with me,they would'nt even allow us to buy a coffee.[we are in our late 40s by the way].The cafe De Zon beside the jolly joker allows you to smoke tobacco inside and also has a great view,I would imagine that you may be able to toke in the patio area 8) but there are some decent coffeeshops in the area.
did you rent from monk apartments???
or check in thru them??
misterbelvedere

Post by misterbelvedere »

It´s one of the very few shops I didn´t like. Walked in, wanted to buy a drink and a smoke. The bartender was really rude. We were the only customers and he didn´t let us have a smoke inside.

I went without buying something. Don´t like rude behaviour.
I experienced such rude behaviour at the shops ´round New Market. The last good in this are is "The Green Place"... just my opinion.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Bought some nepalese templeball from here! 15 euros for 1.6 grams that was fairly decent tbh,, All round a friendly dealer & a good spot for people watching! KD.