Jolly Joker

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like the Jolly Joker ?

yes
69%
no
31%

Total votes: 42

TwoCanucks

Re: Jolly Joker

Post by TwoCanucks »

I like to sit and watch the day go by sitting in the window, view is 2nd to none as far as coffee shops go.

Amsterdam dreaming.............
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

TwoCanucks wrote:I like to sit and watch the day go by sitting in the window, view is 2nd to none as far as coffee shops go.

The views from the apartment above it are really good as well,the owner of both is a very friendly,funny helpful person,he has picked us up at the airport and dropped us off.
if you cant eat it drink it smoke it or snort it then feck it it mad sweeney
bundy1983

Post by bundy1983 »

Never been here but might give it a try next month.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

It cannot be said enough what an underrated and forgotten shop. Jolly Joker right in Nieuwmarkt square. Was back in September, never a bad smoke, never bad service. 2nd floor window seats were excellent as always. commented to the Mrs that the view was 2nd to none. an employee overheard, and said to write that on the window frame. so i did. JJ will always be in top 5 shops for us. it's the perfect everything, and the best tea selection box in Amsterdam
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Thechemist

Post by Thechemist »

Been seeing some good things being said about this place but looking at the menu online it’s from 2008. Does anybody know if it’s changed much since then especially the lightweight pre-rolls that I’ll be using when I’m in town
Nootram

Post by Nootram »

It's in Nieuwmarkt and it's fairly overpriced. Don't expect good stuff under 12-13EUR/g at least.

Honestly, Amsterdam has much better to offer! Cheers. :D

Edit: Noticed that you were talking about pre-rolls, probably around 5-7EUR with tobacco and 8-12 for pure unless you're going for the cheapest prerolled which may be 3-4euros at best.
Liam42

Post by Liam42 »

Review from visit in early december 2022-
Irish budtender was an arse to us. I'm (northern) irish myself so im not being racist, he was just actively unhelpful and unpleasant. We hadn't drank any booze, 1 woman and 2 men in our 40s on a midweek night, we didn't exactly give off "likely to cause trouble" vibes. Got Jack Herer flower (2g for 21) because it was 12.20 and i wasn't sure where else nearby was open(i've since made a list of open after midnight, so i wont have to put up with him again). Bud wasn't as good as other Jack Herer i got that trip, it was incredibly dry-which i generally do prefer, but majority of folk would call too dry. less terpy.
be lucky
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

Newish menu for Jolly Joker dated 4 April 2023, submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by Ben

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Jolly%2 ... Joker.html