Jolly Joker

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like the Jolly Joker ?

yes
69%
no
31%

Total votes: 42

Seifenblase

Re: Jolly Joker

Post by Seifenblase »

just love this location, especially if your sitting upstairs watching the busy nieumarkt. i sat there for about 2 hours drawing some sketches, having nice blues music in the background. really good.
the staff was really friendly and not being to pushy about ordering something which is a problem in many coffeeshops i think. the budtender was also very friendly, but i only ordered a pre hash joint which was okay. but i cant say more about their weed quality.

Smokin´Brazil

Post by Smokin´Brazil »

Decided to give a try to this CS since it's not popular here, and for my surprise it filled my expectations.

Asked for what the budtender said to be the best weed of the house, and seeing the Menu (which is not allowed to take picture) it sounds like the best.

01gram of Bio Silver Haze (12,50eur) = At first it scares me because seems a little dry (I am thinking these strains came for April 20 and are in the end of the batch now...)... Anyways, a REALLY good Sativa weed, great vibe after smoking, not giving many electricity for you as some sativas do but keeping a long and stable tripping. Very good. Rate: 8,5/10

windows 7 screenshot

photo share
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

The Apartment above the coffeeshop has some of the best window views imho.The coffeeshop has a great atmosphere now,and has relaxed a lot,now seems to have a comfortable local pub feel to it.I have commented on it in the past on this thread but would recommend it for a look and see.Things always change this one for the better and I will be staying in the apartment above it again and I will be visiting the coffeeshop.
if you cant eat it drink it smoke it or snort it then feck it it mad sweeney
Chrisuperfly

Post by Chrisuperfly »

I am a regular and spend a lot of time at this place and have been for the past few years. Great place.
jim n soj

Post by jim n soj »

Always wanted to visit the Jolly Joker, but was put off with a few poor reviews, might have to visit in future, can you tell me if they have a smoking area for tobacco as I dont smoke pure. :)
Chrisuperfly

Post by Chrisuperfly »

jim n soj wrote:Always wanted to visit the Jolly Joker, but was put off with a few poor reviews, might have to visit in future, can you tell me if they have a smoking area for tobacco as I dont smoke pure. :)
You can smoke tobacco as long as its rolled into a joint.
naits

Post by naits »

Was there last week, great location. The first upstairs table facing the window is very chill for people watching.
Bought 1gr bio silver haze 6,5-10 bad explample of silver haze.
Friend bought 1 gr Jack Herer average stuff, bit of a creeper 7-10.
Only prebagged some strain they only sell 2 gr bags.
Nice place, shame about the weed.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Royal cheese 1 gram 12e or 2 grams for 23e,....super pungent aroma and flavor good high....lovely clean burn. And a great view of nieuwmarket. Loved it last week.

Didnt try anything but the royal and some tea...great selection of teas, lemon green thnk you kindly
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Smokeybee21

Post by Smokeybee21 »

Tried the Space Muffin for 7.50, did pretty much nothing. Wish I had stayed in here for a spliff and a coffee though, nice clean quiet shop, amazing location. Not sure how they feel about smoking your own, but this would be the perfect place to grab some good stuff at Green Place, then enjoy your smoke in a more relaxed setting.
Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
monster420

Post by monster420 »

funny :mrgreen:
Last edited by monster420 on Wed 11th May 2016 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

So after reading fairly positive reviews here and hearing good stuff by word of mouth I thought I would check it out.

Wasn't really impressed with bud. Pre bagged, I thought a little over priced (10e for Jack Herrer), and while I didn't think the bud was brilliant, it wasn't bad but I just think given the fact Greenplace is under 2min walk away, I would buy my bud there.

HOWEVER, really nice place to sit and smoke (drinks are 2.50e for a coke, mite be a glass bottle though). We sat upstairs and while it was a little cramped, I am really picking at hairs. Nice view (shame about all the scaffolding on Nieuwmarkt), nice enough atmosphere, big TV that showed a Dutch news channel (some cracking goals on the football highlights, was looped though so saw them all a few times!).

So yea, nice place to smoke, but average smoke. Not sure if you can just smoke your own (we bought a bag and smoked that and our own stash from elsewhere), but if there are a few of you I guess you could split a bag like we did (4 of us).
matty223

Post by matty223 »

monster420 wrote:my favourite coffeshop in amsterdam
this is the one were we go fist next week
sweating when i thinking about it :mrgreen:
why is this your fav. shop?
James_53

Post by James_53 »

Weeds not great but the staff are friendly and the upstairs is a nice area to chill out, get high and people watch
matty223

Post by matty223 »

James_53 wrote:Weeds not great but the staff are friendly and the upstairs is a nice area to chill out, get high and people watch

see thats an answer
djreign

Post by djreign »

I've always enjoyed JJ. Very relaxing place to sit. Weed......okay in my experience. It's more about the shop, view and ambiance. My wife also really liked it. They asked her for ID when we were in early 30's....really made her day.

I've also never had a problem, smoking my own and just buying drinks.

I remember chatting with a Canadian guy in there. He'd brought his own weed from home (in Canada). Just struck me as a very odd thing to do. It was nice though.

They do lovely hot chocolate too.

A couple of nice restaurants nearby also.

Leaving myself wide open here, but what tops it was discovering Steely Dan, a band I was unfamiliar with and now love. Ah well, it's an age thing I reckon.