Yanks in Zandvoort

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Yanks

I like Yanks
91%
I don't like Yanks
9%

Total votes: 33

Iko

Post by Iko »

Probobly will visit this place next week, thanks for the info.

Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
Yossarian22

Post by Yossarian22 »

Anyone know if this place is open for the winter? Also, I assume that you can smoke weed in the bar next door, but confirmation would be great.
arai

Re: Yanks in Zandvoort

Post by arai »

i was in Zandvoort aan see on saturday the 9th of april 2011 & popped into Yanks for a smoke,
its only 5 mins walk from the train station but make sure you have a map to find it, its squirreled away up a few side streets.

the place was quite busy outside & theres loads of tables if you fancy sitting outside,
inside, the ground floor was quite large with a bud tender on the left & a coffeebar at the back & a spiral staircase on the right,
down for the toilets & up for the main smoking area, its been done up like an red indian reservation type of thing,
tee pees built over the seating area's & indian art on the walls, a pool table & other games there's a music area at the back,
overall, it was a nice place to hang out for a while playing some pool.

& as others have mentioned, they still have a 12 Euro minimum spending limit & if you want to play pool, theres a 5 Euro deposit on the cues.
Mint

Excellent Place to go

Post by Mint »

I visited Yanks for the 1st time a few weeks ago and cant recommend highly it enough.
The Amnesia i bought was top draw, it looked extremely healthy and the smell and the taste was excellent. There is a good selection and the staff know what they are talking about. Eeverything we sampled was of top quality, i stayed for several hours in one of the booths getting stoned and overdosing on coffee :) happy days. Next door is the bar and you can sit out the front in the garden having a beer with your spliff if you wish, you cant get better than that on a summers day. The beech is a 5 min walk and Dam is only 20 mins away if you feel the need. Ive been coming to The Netherlands for years and can honestly say that this is probably my fav coffee shop to date.... infact i'm going back in May so i hope the suns out :D
Mint
muhkuh

Post by muhkuh »

Anyone know what's currently on the Yanks Menu?

My last visit was 2008 and they had only like 3 weed strains and Afghan on the menu.
Colino

Post by Colino »

muhkuh wrote:Anyone know what's currently on the Yanks Menu?

My last visit was 2008 and they had only like 3 weed strains and Afghan on the menu.
at the beginning of the month there were around 12 choices if I remember well ( 7weed 5 hash). I tried the white widow for 8,8E/g. was nothing to remember, I even doubt it was ww as I couldn't find its taste. I'd rate it 6-/10.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Nice shop, buy and fly of sour diesel for 11e a gram and AK47 for 9e...havent tried either uet, but looking forward greatly...super smelly...

We were taking artillery fire so had to vamoose
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Infamus

Post by Infamus »

Yanks... where to begin... the first time I was at Yanks was over 20 years ago. My friends and me were camping in Zandvoort, but it was raining every day, so we usually hung out at Yanks. I totally fell in love with this shop. This was when the coffee shop was still in the bar which is nowadays right next to Yanks. A year later, we again had our vacation in Zandvoort. Of course not because of the weather, but because of Yanks ;)

I went again this year in october, and boy was I disappointed. The weed was OK but nothing special, and all the hash but the afghan made me cough. But most of all the atmosphere had completely changed. Gangster hip hop music videos on huge lcd screens plus a hyper-active bud/bartender who used to disappear at odd intervals are not exactly my idea of relaxing. Maybe I am just too old.
treetop

Post by treetop »

Infamus wrote:Yanks... where to begin... the first time I was at Yanks was over 20 years ago. My friends and me were camping in Zandvoort, but it was raining every day, so we usually hung out at Yanks. I totally fell in love with this shop. This was when the coffee shop was still in the bar which is nowadays right next to Yanks. A year later, we again had our vacation in Zandvoort. Of course not because of the weather, but because of Yanks ;)

I went again this year in october, and boy was I disappointed. The weed was OK but nothing special, and all the hash but the afghan made me cough. But most of all the atmosphere had completely changed. Gangster hip hop music videos on huge lcd screens plus a hyper-active bud/bartender who used to disappear at odd intervals are not exactly my idea of relaxing. Maybe I am just too old.
The sun terrace on a sunny summer afternoon is almost TOO hot. I ended up fiinding a seat with some shade and moving with it. Much to the amusement of the other patrons who were on the whole quite friendly and sociable. More of a bar atmosphere really and it shows.
How much did you produce?
Rob_OG

Post by Rob_OG »

Just popped in here this evening for a wee bag, and they've added "THC percentages" to the menu screen! I'll try and get a photo of it tomorrow.
If Frankenstein came face-to-face with the monster Marijuana, he would drop dead of fright.
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

One of the best L.a con ive smoked in holland came from Yank was 14euro a gram this was spring 2011 during mother day Weekend :roll:
ShakeTheBud

Post by ShakeTheBud »

Yanks really is the best around. I also liked the La Paz Coffeeshop but the atmosphere in the Yanks shop is so chilly. Stayed in Zandvoort for a week and tested all their offers, really loved the Blueberry Cheese.
Bought 6 grams of a cheap weed (4,50€/g) and filled a pre rolled bluntpape with it. Smoked all of the 6g with a friend in about 20-30 minutes and had the high of my live. Will come back to this shop in my next vacation.
Funkygreen

Post by Funkygreen »

Is Yanks open in October or is it seasonal?
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

OPEN ALL YEAR :mrgreen:
rockin into the night
Funkygreen

Post by Funkygreen »

USBONGLORD wrote:OPEN ALL YEAR :mrgreen:
YAY! Thanks...
will be in there in 2 weeks then 8)